1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

WIP With This Ring by Mr Zoat- T - Young Justice

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Nemrut, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog High Inquisitor

The plot is dragging, the characters are running away from the script, and we are a scant 2 months away from probably the end of the fic (in fic time). Thats when Paul's year is up, and that would be a good stop place.
    I look forward to a solid conclusion, but I have actually enjoyed it. Its not stellar, but its certainly library worthy.
    4/5

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    Anyone still following this? Some exciting stuff is happening right now.

Quite enjoying what is happening atm (disregarding the Renegade stuff, I'm skipping that) and a lot of build-up is paying off right now.

3. Fatality

Fatality Unspeakable

Yeah, I'm still following it. It's been pretty hit or miss most chapters but it's been that way for a while. I definitely agree on the Renegade stuff, it fucking sucks 90% of the time (mostly I think because of the stupid extended cast of weird characters he's surrounded himself with).

But yeah, we're finally getting to the Klarion/Nabu takedown which holy shit is that overdue. I hope the payoff is worth it because it has had a shit ton of build up and if not handled well will be pretty disappointing. Can't wait though, I think it will be pretty interesting.

I'm a little worried about what comes afterwards too. I'm guessing blowup with the League and Paul disappearing off planet for a while, which means the story is even more off the rails than it has been lately. Which can be good or bad, but seeing some of the crazy plot points the author has gone with lately I don't feel overly optimistic. Still, the main character has been working towards this for ages, so hopefully he has a pretty solid storyline worked out.

4. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Minister of Magic

Still following, still enjoying. The build up for this has been, as said, a long time coming, and it's nice to see things coming together at last. It'll still take a while before we get to the conclusion of it, but we're building up speed towards it now.

I'm reading the Grayven parts though. I didn't mention it last time, but I don't like the long periods of just Grayven stuff - it isn't always important to the story. It might well become so, but it just feels like the author expanding the background and blowing off steam. I'm glad he's keeping them in only small numbers, because I care more about the plot than ULTIMATE POWER.

I really hope it stays similar to current when Paul leaves. AFAIK, the author's stuck pretty close to canon events for most of the story, not much changing drastically along the way. There's been some non-canon events, but generally the canon ones happened too.

But once we get off-planet, is there going to be a continuity, or is it just going to become "Orange Lantern bumming around the universe and doing things because why not"?

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    He will be off-planet during the time-skip between seasons 1 and 2, right? And I remember reading that the author intended to write content for that period inbetween seasons as well, so, guess we'll be exploring quite a few planets and alien civilizations during that time. Maybe some actual corps-building.

That's a lot of stuff. Not to mention season 2 and we have been in season 1 for a long while and with a lot of words. The upside is, he'll still be writing by the time season 3 comes out.