1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wizard vs. Muggle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Dec 24, 2006.

?

In a fair hypothetical fight, who would win?

1. Wizard

63.7%
  2. Muggle

36.3%
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Trying to stick to my 'won't post again thing.' Look up at my last post people for my EDIT.

2. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

DLR- purebloods control the wizarding world = fanon idea. There are only a few characters whose heritage we know. See CoS and Malfoy threatening the school board. About wizarding countries- even if they don't have the motive (which they do, what with the genocide on their race) why can't wizards just send an envelope with an oblivation spell inside? We know that's possible from PoA or GoF (can't remember which one).

Krull- there's nothing wrong with your logic. I used your logic to justify wizards disregarding paradoxes and using time travel. Time travel = unbeatable.

3. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

If the wizards could conquer and rule the muggles, they'd have already done it.

So why haven't they?

Instead, all they've done is hide. Why the fuck hide when you can be the emperor of the world, when you can have millions bowing down to your rule? The only answer I see is that the wizards don't have the power to become emperor.

4. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Give me a canon JKR quote and I'll believe that the killing curse is too powerful to be use more then once. It's an Unforgivable, and it seems the are all of the same level of magic. Given this, and the fact that the Longbottoms were tortured extensively with Crucio over and over, I'd say that it's entirely plausible that an AK can be used more then once.

Snipers are only one, truthfully flawed way for them to kill off high government officials. Just think about different tactics like taking out all the power in the area before floo'ing into the office, which is part of canon, and knocking the guy off.

Would the muggle-born families not be the first to go in any war? With the actual government on their side, it wouldn't be hard to get all the information on muggl-born families and have a single-night raid. Remember, this isn't just Voldemort fighting anymore. It's all of the wizards now, theoretically, believing in the cause.

It is highly plausible that one country will screw up the plan -most likely the U.S, Russia, India, or China due to their size- but by that time all the countries of the world will be at war with each other, believing that the other is attacking them. Complete anarchy. After that, wizards pack up their things and head to the magical schools and other places to keep safe as muggles bomb and shoot the hell out of each other(these hiding places would be pre-arranged). The muggle-borns that got away would be slaughtered for trying to produce more terror by who ever was trying to keep the countries together and the wizarding world would come in and clean up behind them.

5. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

Not to be accused again of "trying to make things personal" but dude, you just edited so you won't have to post again and posted to say you edited.

[​IMG]

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    COULD YOU PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS ACTUALLY BEING SAID!

It has been stated at least twice that wizards couldn't RULE the muggles. They could BEAT them, they could KILL them, but they couldn't RULE them. That is why they stay out of the muggle world as much as possible, because they don't want the bother of having to fuck over the muggle world again and again and again.

7. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So why don't they kill them and have the whole world for themselves--also preventing the appearance of any dreaded mudbloods.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I find this entire debate amusing beyond words. Proceed.

9. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

ZOMG. We are pleasuring Gio.

EDIT: I would post it in large bold letters, but I'm afraid I'm not kewl enough to do so :(

10. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

You just don't know how!

11. Gabrinth

If this thread isn't going to be locked- which it won't now that it amuses Gio- I believe that I have sufficient reason to go against my earlier pledge and come back into this argument because I really, really want to. And Krull I didn't think that anyone would see my EDIT up there so I decided to write a post to inform you all of it.

Now, Belerdorhan, I believe that the reason wizards never attacked has to do with my last edit. Do you think that every wizarding government in the world is as racist as the one in Britain? Do you think that they would all agree that 'Total Domination!!!11!!!one!!1!!' is the best way to go when just obliviating muggles and making wards so the muggles don't even know they are there has worked for such a long time? No, unless something changed drastically or the muggles found out somehow and attacked first it would be a few racist governments going at it alone and they woudn't have the power to get the job done.

But if this giant theoretical war of the ages actually happened piting wizard kind against muggle kind in an ancient war of total domination than wizards would kick muggle ass from here to kingdom come. Apparition, killing curses, wards, dementors, having magic > not having magic! The end!

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Im going to end this debate right now. Who would win?

Niggahs Drive up and shoot everyone. Niggahs win.

13. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Word! 8D!

14. Gabrinth

Yeah, Niggahs put under the fucking Imperius that go and cap some muggle officials. That I could see, Vash. I would ask that you close this thread but apparently we are ENTERTAINING THE GREAT GIOVANNI so that wouldn't be the right thing to do.

15. Xenon

Xenon Professor

Press Bhutton, Recive Nuke.

MISCELLANEOUS LONG WINDED DIATRIBE!1!11!1!!!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  16. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Kolskit, I really think you should start reading the books.

AK requires a lot of energy. Hard to constantly shoot out unless you undergo as many rituals as Voldemort. Also, where did you get the idea that all unforgivable's require the same amount of magic? They didn't keep casting Crucio, they simply held it in them for an extended amount of time.

Lorelei: Actually, that is a canon idea. There is a reason that purebloods don't get in trouble for anything, and can buy off most people. They may not literally rule, but they hold the most power.

I'm still waiting for one of you to actually prove me wrong using canon ideas.

17. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    DLR, you act like the Death Eaters number in the thousands and are exceedingly weak. Read the books, not fanon. The Death Eaters in the graveyard? That was most of his Death Eaters besides the ones in Azkaban. They are a close circle of friends(though that isn't the word I'd use) and allies, some of which he got during his school days and others after. These are people of a higher standard then the normal witch or wizard, much like the higher ranking aurors and members of the Order of the Phoenix, and are only trusted by Voldemort because they are powerful enough to help him. I'd say that makes for the ability to cast a couple of AK's and not deplete their magic after only one casting.

You have a strange tendency to forget the subject and go off on some tangent that has nothing to do with the point of what I said. I trust it is not beyond imagining to believe that -after careful planning- the muggle-born's family and anyone else who knows of magic that shouldn't could be eliminated before a secret genocide starts. Then, after enough mayhem, the muggles begin to fight each other with a few well placed Imperious curses guiding them and wizards back away and watch. Complete destruction and the wizards only have to do a bit of the easier work. If they don't want nuclear destruction, take the locations of the bombs from the minds of the government heads and destroy them simultaneously. No more nukes, mass destruction and anarchy, and the wizards don't have to fight as the muggles will kill each other. When the World War is done, wizards group together and slaughter the victors. Seems pretty easy to kill off the muggles to me.

18. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Where the hell did you get the idea that I think there are thousands of Death Eaters? And, where did you get the idea that they are powerful enough to work for Voldemort? Voldemort has them because of their wealth, and high positions in government, not because they are magically strong. Remember, kids beat them.

Also, describe to me one of my tangents. If you are referring to me giving you a quote about the AK, you asked for that. You brought up a good point though, why not kill off the muggleborn families, that way there are few people to give out the idea of magic. That would never work, because the majority are not pureblood, and wouldn't help people who kill off their families, and see them as scum.

That is probably the main problem with the wizarding side of things, they aren't united.

19. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

I'll end this by making three points.

1st is canon proves wizards are weaker. They were forced to hide 300 years ago. If they were stronger, they'd conquer the world. Who doesn't want to have a billion dollars? Let's look at what the Half-Blood Prince states:
    Rofl. I guess he's just that fucked up in his mind. Here's another hilarious response:
    Pretty funny. I did give a response - by comparing how long they live - but I guess that Lorelei just likes to ignore things she doesn't like. But Mordecai is the funniest guy:
    Wow. Mordecai just admitted that muggles are superior. He stated that wizards can't control muggles because they'd need to 'seriously deplete muggle numbers'. Guess they don't have the power to do so, huh? Or is Mordecai going to go along the familiar pro-wizard rant that, "Nobody wants to be the emperor of the world! Seriously!"

But let's move on to the population factor. I calculated that to win, each wizard would need to kill 20,000 muggles. That's just impossible. But the pro-wizard side likes to ignore reality. 1st post:
    This actually illustrates all the pro-wizard arguments. They think that, "Hey! I go just go out right now and wreak havoc!" It looks good on paper, until you go through the details. Look at the bolded part. How many wizards know what a gun is? Judging by the fact that the Daily Prophet had to define it, not many. How many wizards know how to handle cash? Wasn't the famous muggle-lover Arthur Weasely forced to rely on Harry to do that? Gosh, all you need to do to catch a wizard is to watch him pay for a meal. If a muggle-lover doesn't even know what cash is, what are the chances he's going to know what a supertanker or a purification plant or a nuclear power plant is?

But let's say Jesus magically gives this wizard all the knowledge about muggles in the world. Let's say this wizard goes and conjures up 40 tons of toxic gas. Personally, I don't think that Albus Dumbledore himself could do that feat. So how many people would that kill? Well, there's a real-life incident just like that: the Bhopal disaster, the worst industrial accident in history. 3,000 people died. There's no other industrial accident like that in the history of mankind. But that's not enough for this wizard. He'd need to have 7 explosions just like that.

Mordecai's point is somewhat logical, if naive. Let's go to the Half-Blood Prince, always a good source of lulz.
    That had me laughing for so long. This IS a war game, dumbass. Sides ARE numbers. What, do you think you can measure things just by saying that it's a lot or a little?

The final thing is that the Ministry of Magic sucks. It couldn't even capture a single Death Eater when Harry Potter himself gave the names of the whole entire Inner Circle. It denied the return of the Dark Lord for nigh a year against the advise of the greatest wizard of the world. It couldn't even capture Sirius Black, a fugitive who turned out not to have special powers given to him by Voldemort. Perhaps the wizard-lovers are right. Maybe the wizards can win a war with guerrilla tactics. Their government is just too stupid to do so. It's controlled by purebloods (Crouch, Malfoy, Dumbledore, Bones) who have no idea what a gun is, not to even speak of other things. As usual, the pro-wizard side has some funny comments:
    Lorelei decides to ignore Rowling's words herself and simply state a lie. It's amazing to watch her bullshit, especially since there's not one known muggleborn as the head of a department while I have just named four highly influential purebloods.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  20. Gabrinth

I hate the whole 'wizards know nothing about muggles so they would lose' idea. Okay, but do muggles know about magic? Do they know that wizards can't use magic without a wand. No, but they can learn that can't they? So why the hell can't wizards, even in their now complete ignorance, not learn about muggles as well.

And Belerdorhan I love how you start every post by making fun of what other people said before you. Really gets the old e-peen pumping doesn't it. Why don't you erase those start of post 'haha, e-peen whaping' fests and make a real fucking point?

And I really want to point out that while some muggleborns would go to the muggle side some would stay on the wizard side. And who do you think is the first person the wizarding world is going to go to on how to fight against muggles? Muggleborns! Some wizards are arrogant and ignorant but the idea that all wizards lack common sense is mostly fanon besides one sentence by an eleven year old girl. Now, when the wizards talk to the muggleborns they learn all about things like how muggles communicate, how they transport things, and the flammability of the item they use to fuel their vehicles. So then Mordecai's post becomes fact and you have a lot of dead muggles and a lot more that lose the ability to communicate, get food, get ammo, and even drive around.

And I just wanted to point out how you completely disregarded the whole 'How the hell are the muggles going to find the wizards to attack?' point.

And no, you cocky mother fucker war is not numbers against numbers. When we fought against the Japanese in world war two did we win by killing them all. No, dumb ass, we won because we nuked two whole cities and they were freaked out that we could do it again. Send in dementors and it is the exact god damn thing.

I don't like the way you post at all. If your going to post don't go all 'hehe look at me guys I can make school yard jokes!' Write a serious fucking post and get your viewpoint across.

Not open for further replies.