1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World Championships

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Wildfeather, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Who is excited for them? Who do you want to win? Who do you think has the best chance, and who has the worst?

I hope TSM wins, but that's mostly because it is the only American team that I like.

steam will be at:http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

M5 or IG to take first, dark horse I reckon will be SK.

If I had to make a top 3 based off what I've seen of this season, it would go as follows;

1st - M5
    2nd - Invictus Gaming
    3rd - Najin Sword/Azubu Frost. Too tough to call.

4th if people really wanted a guess would either be CLG EU or TSM.

Out in the first round - Dignitas, Saigon Jokers, CLG Prime for sure & most likely SK. They're my dark horse but only if Ocelote turns up in absolute beast mode and the other teams have an off day.

That said, opening up with IG vs Azubu Frost is going to be insane, cannot wait for djWheat to kick this thing off and the finals basically being on my 21st due to the timezone difference will be beaten only by the Walking Dead premier earlier in the evening.

3. Morde

Morde Second Year

I hope CLG.eu wins, but I'm going to guess
    1st - M5
    2nd - CLG.eu
    3rd - Azubu Frost

TSM has always seemed rather lackluster to me, honestly. I really like TheOddOne, but the rest of TSM has never appealed to me.

4. Al'Akir

Al'Akir Third Year

watch Dota2

/close

I think it'll be M5, but who knows. Probably they'll be the only one from EU/NA on Top3.

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly Azubu Frost is the only Korean team I think has any chance of making the top three.

TSM, CLG.Na, M5, and CLG.Eu have all proven superior to just about every other Korean/Asian Region team than Azubu Frost/Blaze, who are the wunderkind for their region.

Also: Fuck Dota2.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  6. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Honestly if M5 have more than 1 other fight like this one (or any of their other coordinated but looks like a mess play / vice versa) they probably deserve it - Link

7. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

http://www.own3d.tv/RiotHD
    Here's the own3d link too.

Just starting now, an hour late. Still, I hope CLG.NA can get through Group A.

Invictus Gaming vs World Elite right now!

8. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    So, personally, I think IG outplayed frost for most of that match. But they were outpicked in champion select. AZF's ability to hold on and keep near enough in gold level meant that their hyper-strong lategame team was able to really turn the tide and carry them to victory.

Skill is important, but so is strategy. Hopefully this tournament will illustrate that better to the NA play scene.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

AZF had the late-game comp and just needed to stay in the game and play it out, which they manged perfectly. Aside from their ADC liking to face-check or get dunked by J4 so hard it wasn't even funny. They just seemed to spiral downward after the first Baron but wow, if I was in a non-Asian LoL team that kind of game would've had me worried. Sure it was full of mistakes and weird plays but wow, 2 turrets down by 9:30, 11 kills shortly after.

I can see CLG NA getting stomped here, though iG need to calm down and focus after that game spiralled away from them.

10. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Some of the plays by Azubu's Ezreal were downright weedy. Especially that 1v1 with Corki in bot lane, where he was trying to finish the creep wave while Corki attacked him.

I think it shows that Azubu's still adjusting to Locodoco's departure from their team. So I don't think they'll get very far even if they do get out of groups.

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This.

AZF won primarily because they had more damage, more tank, and actual burst from their late-game comp. Swain was a good early, but weak late-game because he couldn't keep bursting Ez solo any more after a certain point, while most other APs would still be able to.

It also doesn't help that Jarvan and Noc went more tanky than actual damage. They couldn't keep up with the insane innate durability that AZF had whereas they were less innately tanky and didn't have as much innate damage either.

12. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Hrm. I think CLG.NA surrendered a bit too early. They still had all their inhib towers and Jiji just picked up a double kill.
    With some nice play Cassiopeia could have carried a teamfight easily, and then they would have been back in the game.

Still, hoping CLG.NA can make it out, though it looks way less likely now =(

13. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    CLG played like noobs and got roflstomped. That was sad and pathetic and disgusting. I'm honestly ashamed for the NA scene. That long in Korea and you're even worse than before you went?

Wow.

I guess everything is on the shoulders of TSM to represent NA.

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm rooting for CLG EU. CLG NA continues to dissapoint. Hotshot is way overhyped.

I quite like Azubu Frost, personally.

15. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

It was quite a disappointing performance all around.

It was quite clear they had an plan to counteract all the early aggression and invasions from the Asian team. But it... just fell flat. They ended up buying more wards, more Doran's items, and still ended up behind in everything. Some of it was excellent play from Invictus Gaming, and that snowball continued with Skarner, Yorick, Vlad just dominating the midgame. Then several kills landed for Corki and it was pretty much over.

The early game was a disaster. The half hearted attempt at controlling tribush bot wasted two flashes from CLG that made them hesitant to contest the blue steal that came in.
    As the game progressed, excellent jungle control by Skarner with a steal of blue off bigfatjiji, and that excellent First blood gank on Doublelift controlled the lanes. Yorick had blue buff at lvl 1, and destroyed Diana. All the lanes fell behind by a good 30 cs.

Then the flash Skarner ultimate on Hotshot to get rid of his oracles was the play that secured their lead.

Important to note, is that Invictus also had Blue side. Blue side ward control at Baron was what forced Hotshot into getting caught.

16. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

The split push strategy with triple teleport and promote actually worked, very entertaining to watch surprisingly.

Although watching CLG vs AZF makes my eyes hurt.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  17. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Finally! CLG did something and did it well. That is what I want to see from what was once THE best team in North America.

Strategy, mechanics, teamwork, aggression.

18. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

CLG started well. Then threw it. Hard.

20k fucking gold advantage at end. That's the highest so far today, by 7k over the 2nd.

19. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    To be fair, Azubu Frost is really fucking good.

But you're also partially correct, they started throwing.

The problem with that team is Hotshot. He's NOT a good jungler. He moved to the jungle to try and outdo SaintVicious.. but he's only dragging his team down when he jungles at a professional level, most of the time.

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

NAJ's jayce is using the same build I do, 5 in E, 5 in Q, no points in R or W till after they are both maxed : D

Jesus NAJ is dominating CLG's bot lane.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012