1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World Conqueror Harry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Hymnsicality, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

Are there any good fics out there where Harry actually goes off and tries to conquer the entire world rather than just a bit of magical Britain?

Could be just canon Harry with a twisted and ruthless ambition, could be cosmic entity!harry the devourer of worlds, could just be Harry and his unending army of inferi.

Looking for something a bit different from the standard fare of Dark!harry sort of doing a whole lot of nothing at hogwarts.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Emperor by Marquis Black is kind of what you're looking for.

3. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

I read a few chapters before but the writing just irks me a lot. It's weirdly chock full of anime fanfic cliches like fangirls, sweat dropping and copious blushing. And for a story that has an original plot it just feel eminently like a massive string of cliches.

The closest story I can think of that satisfies my criteria is zennokyuubi's revised vampire Harry fanfic, but that one is like the poster child for a guilty pleasure fic.

Thanks for the rec though, didn't really mean to sound as hypercritical as I ended up being.

Keep 'em comin'!

4. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Marquis Black's other series, his Dark Wars one, also has Harry conquering Earth. It's not as good though.

nonjon's one shot Empire of Earth also qualifies, sort of. (To say more would spoil things.)

5. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Rise of the Wizards by Teufel1987 is what you are looking for. The actual fic is cliche infested, but I got a pretty good read out of it.