1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

World War III

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kiklo, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

I was wondering what everyone thinks World War III would be like, if there is any. What countries do you think will be involved the most? What will start it? What will it lead to? Post your views here.

Personally I'm guessing one of the Middle Eastern countries will start it since they're already so pissed off.

2. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

I think that the most likely way WW3 will start is that a country will get nuclear weapons that the US doesn't want to have nuclear weapons, and then everything will escalate, with more and more countries joining each side.

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I think that it will either be China and America duking it out, or Africa finally deciding that it's a bit too crowded and expanding its borders out a little.

4. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

World War III will last twenty minutes and end with the cockroaches in charge. That's the only realistic way to describe that war.

5. Geisterstunde

Geisterstunde First Year

In a dark room in front of the only light source:
    WW3 would be like HELL !!!
    I can see it before my eyes... we will shoot at each other with our big nuclear weapons ( or something worse if we have developed such a weapon to this time) being like little kids with "your are guilty 'cause you have begun" till all living things (except from cockroaches^^) are dead and mother earth is a chunk of dead stone in the space ...
    It doesn't matter who will begin I'm afraid of the end...

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It'll be between China itself i'd imagine.

Billions of folsk in there, maybe a civil war, we back one side, other world powers back another, Korea jumps in with a nuke, etc.

it's going to involve China somehow, there's just so many damned ppl there under some fucked rulership

7. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

I don’t think WW3 will have anything to do with politics. At the time of the beginning of the WW3, we as the human race have consumed most of our natural resources, so the main objective will be who get the last remains.

Or for something really stupid like if Jesus was a cross-dresser or not.

8. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

I'm with Taure and Einstein here. If it ever got big enough to be called a World War (and by that I mean the US, UK and several other nuke capable countries did more than ally themselves with fighting nations, but actually got truly down dirty and fought in an all out war) then very little of us would be left. If it happened anytime soon, I have no doubt the Middle East would play some role. However, anything that didn't happen within the next 10 years is really up in the air as to who would be involved.

9. Lord Blackmore

Lord Blackmore First Year

You have a point. But as long as the economic growth continues, people here are willing to put up with it. They expect that with an increase in wealth a more liberal government will take shape.

It's kinda funny to see that I can't access wikipedia from Beijing. Guess it's true what they say about the censorship. :p

The school I'm currently visiting every other day even has a shelter! (In case North-Korea decides to press one button too many)

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

There won't be WW3 in the foreseeable future. Even if India and Pakistan blow each other out, or Korea uses up all their atomic bombs on surrounding countries, the conflict will be continental at best. Fear of total nuclear destruction of the world is the thing of the past IMO.

But we will have are more and more of these regional wars, like these in Middle East. West-European countries and America will keep barricading themselves from the rest of the world, while their armies will go out and bully African and Asian savages for the last scarps natural resources left there.

If we're talking about mass destruction, then we could expect some mysterious virus to hit Asia or Africa and wipe out a large part of population; After all, there's just so much space for population to grow, before using up all the space and food available to them. Western countries won't allow them to just overpopulate and start warring against each other over food and water, taking those resources down with them. AIDS is already doing this job, but its just not fast enough to beat the rampart birth rate in these parts; they'll have to send in something faster one of these days.

Of course, sooner or later, problems of overpopulation will hit home too. After all, there's already lack of nature in Western Europe and America will soon enough get there too. Once that happens, our civilization will have to take its ultimate test - it'll either manage to overpower basic human instincts and declare the laws limiting number of children people could have, or crumble in civil wars and ethnic cleansings of groups various sides deem unfit to waste precious resources on.

Of course, population-reducing laws would increase number of old people to ridiculous amounts and create such a deficiency of work force, that a whole new theory of economy would be needed (all current theories are based on constant growth of population). This will then create a whole succession of new conflicts and problems, including appearance of new extreme schools of economy and reappearance of some old ones (Communism).

In short, our civilization has 50 to 100 years of life left, tops. During that time, number of regional wars and tensions will steadily increase, with a small calm down once the oil runs out (likely followed by heavy crisis in USA and devaluation of dollar). But eventually, we are doomed to overpopulation, followed by either quick collapse, or slow, difficult and bloody change to some new, probably worse society.

Heh, thank God I'll be dead by then (which is how most people feel and the reason why no one will do anything about this, until it's already too late).

11. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Personally the very concept of World War III scares the hell out of me for one simple reason, it is unwinnable. Traditional victory will not happen and it will be won by annihilation. Most of the people here talk about it being fought with nukes, I disagree. Nukes will play a small role, but the majority of it will be fought with viruses, bacteria, and chemical weapons.

I agree with IP's assesment of Regional Wars.

My prediction is that we will see the wars in North Korea, the Entire Middle East, China, and South America.

South America because they also have tremendous amounts of oil and several governments that the US Government's Warhawks have issues with.

If the US Dollar collapses it won't just fuck the US Economy -- it'll take the World Economy down with it as well.

12. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

and in the meantime, Australia will be down there saying "wtf mate?"

13. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

Haha, indeed.

I also believe that, at least in the beginning, nukes will play more of a threatening role, a bit like in the cold war, since no one will survive a fight with nukes and they know it.

14. Geisterstunde

Geisterstunde First Year

In a dark room in front of the only light source:
    Yeah, they know it but that won't stop them... after all there is someone determined to do something stupid and puff within less days we wouldn't have any problems 'cause a dead man (or woman) can't cause any of them.
    Whether nukes or viruses or something else it runs out on the same

15. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

The safest places to live would probably be Australia, northern Canada, maybe Africa and Mexico?

Also, I heard that in some Bible, it was written that WWIII would wipe out most of the population. And I agree with Giovanni about the usage chemical weapons and viruses. It's going to be a royal mess.

16. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Africa, Mexico, and Canada won't be even remotely safe. In WWIII Africa will be invaded and carved up for it's raw materials, Mexico is too close to the USA, and Canada is too tightly linked Economically and Politically to the USA and Britain to stay out of a World War.

Australia, maybe... But right now I'm thinking that the safe-spots will be Iceland, New Zealand, and Mongolia... All three are fairly isolated and weak enough militarily to just avoid the conflict altogether.

17. draco664

draco664 Fourth Year

The scientists down in Antarctica are probably going to be OK too.

Organising a boat *back* may be a bit of a bother, though.

Draco

18. draco664

draco664 Fourth Year

Actually, are you aware that there is a theory going round that Australia was the test site for the world's first (and only) non-government nuke?

Apparently, the Japanese mob that gassed the subway years ago bought up a heap of land in Western Australia, and one night a massive flash was seen for hundreds of kilometers around, but no one ever found out what caused it.

It was only ten years later that people began piecing it all together.

I remember reading Bill Bryson about it. Something along the lines of - "A country where a band of amateur enthusists could set off a nuclear bomb, and no one noticed for ten years was obviously a country worth getting to know."

Draco

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The reason I was excluding Australia from the list is their proximity to China and their ties to both the USA and Britain. I figured if there was a World War/Regional War they would be likely to get involved.

Antartica is off my list because it's not possible to survive there without massive amounts of aid from various governments and those govs wouldn't do shit if they had a massive war going on :)

20. Lord Eros

Lord Eros Guest

I personally aggree with giovanni... nukes will have a very small role in world war III beacause most of the powerfull countries know that if they start a all out nuclear war that most of them woudlnt survive it. but it will be fouht withh viruses, gases, or diseases. I think the middle east will start it beacuse they are already really mad and when there oil runs out they will become even more angrier and will start attacking.