1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I’m not townreading Zenzao that much for yanking everyone out of RVS because stale meta is stale, but it’s a nice look imo.

I haven’t actually read more than like four words, to be fair.

2. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Yanking people out of rvs is one thing, will you read the way he did it and the reason for his vote and tell me if that makes sense even if your meta is stale.

Also, read four of my words please and realize I'm town. Your one of the people I was looking forward to playing with and hope is town too.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fair enough. Now let me spin it back on you, you're the one going overboard to defend him for the same mechanics that I was naysaying him over. And you haven't to this point voted me, adjusting your RVS vote accordingly now that you've got probable cause to nail me over. So why haven't you? Why stick on Gemma still? You're making a lot of dust with pointing out I'm behaving scummy to you.

4. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I'm not defending him as much as I'm trying to sniff out if you're full of it. Fluffy didn't make the odd post and responses as far as I'm concerned, you did.

There's a few reasons I'm not voting you right now. I don't toss my vote around very much. My vote will stay on Gemma, or move it to nothing, until I decide who I actually want my vote on. And when I place a serious vote it's because that's who I want to lynch.

I'm also trying to figure out if this is just your play style, you're full of it, you're throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, you're scum, or if this is just the beginning of the game crap. I know that I tend to find some early game scum hunting fake and scummy, and a lot of the time it ends up being town. I often avoid the first several pages of a game for this very reason unless something strikes me as odd, which well brings me to here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh actually, vaimes, is your vote on me rvs or based on zenzao?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Mostly RVS in response to your “You tell me!” and a little bit because I thought that response was hrmph.

I’ll process things in a bit.

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    By all means, keep sniffing then. I'm a hell of a lot more reserved at GameStart when I roll scum, tend to bus my scummates, spin the narrative awry, and orchestrate needlessly long walls. As town I'm just fine getting in someone's face and staying on them until I'm satisfied one way or the other. I'll argue with anyone and call out behavior as scummy if I feel it is. Usually end up tunneling if its especially bad.

I find it funny in an (ironic?) way that though I agree with your sentiment on voting, it nevertheless only colors you further into scummy territory with our present interactions, as scum wouldn't want to swap votes around too readily. In essence, until there's more interaction between you, me, and everyone else, I'm likely to keep you on my radar toDay.

7. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Oh actually, vaimes, is your vote on me rvs or based
    It was hrpmh?

I was being silly. Are people just all serious all the time here? No having fun, being lighthearted allowed? I might be at the wrong site.

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I'm probably one of the worst players to play a game with on here, so you have the poor fortune of having to deal with my gungho(and probably, and without meaning to, asshole-ish) attitude. Most of the others aren't this bad. Regardless of how this game goes down, please stick around and try another without me participating in it and see how your opinion changes.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Some jokes feel flat? And sometimes it’s because it’s a scum joke.

I don’t know what else to tell you.

10. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I'm usually more conservative at game start as scum because I hate rolling scum, though I probably don't do the rest of what you mentioned. I do have a tendency to get more gung ho as town though, and I've taken a decent mafia break in the past year and am shaking off the dust.

I drive people insane with my voting practices, even sometimes after people have known me and what to expect for years. Can't say that I do much differently as scum with my votes though, except I probably use it more readily than when town except when I'm trying to figure out how I want to proceed. I don't know. Feel free to keep me on your radar though! I don't think I'm so rusty that I've lost all my town mojo, so I feel pretty confident that if we're both town it won't end up being a distraction. Hopefully.

I don't think you're being an asshole. I've played on lots of sites with lots of assholes and sometimes dealt with it just fine. Your being really serious threw me off, but it's not a bad thing. It's just something i have to get used to play style wise. I've played with lots of people who do get serious early from time to time. Once I realize someone's style then I know how to work around/ignore it. I wasn't expecting it from Vaimes at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My jokes never fall flat.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Therefore you are never scum?

12. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes why do you feel so weird?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Although to answer this seriously. I was joking that my jokes never fall flat. I'm quite aware that I'm the only one who thinks I'm amusing sometimes.

Maybe I'm completely wrong on my impression of you as a player, but my experience with you has been much more easy going and lighthearted as town. I thought i could be silly with you, but you went all stuffed shirt on me and I'm not sure why.

You feel like you're trying to be serious, like when we were partners and not like the posting with ease that I've seen when you're town. It's throwing me off.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like this feels so wooden.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just skimmed your posts as Elvira and yeah you don't feel wooden at all there. You're so free flowing there; though confirmation bias so.

Though sometimes scum throw that imo at the end of their posts and I thought I had something there but you do that when town to, so no wind in these sails for that one!

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was gonna say, please god don’t let our last game together have been that alt shitshow, I thought I successfully blocked that out.

full post in a sec, was working on stuff but I’m about done.

14. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    At least we won in the end!

Also you're not wooden sounding as scum after all. I remembered our experience wrong. Though curses and curses upon mtgs' iso feature.

Also squared I'm sorry if I'm a bit over eager right now. I've been looking forward to this game starting and finals are next week and i'm sitting here grading final papers, or trying to at least, and I'm feeling a bit stir crazy.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I’m at werk will read in a bit ~

Lynch: Vaimes[/color{
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lol rip

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, first about me: my playstyle is, I guess, still in the process of being sucked through a wormhole. I can't be bothered to trace my behavior through past games, but I know that I'm more comfortable playing as scum and have less tolerance for being Happy for free townreads.

My meta in the alt game is kinda useless because I appealed to my old-old playstyle for like, fifty posts, which is pretty much the most unwanted thing I wanted to happen in any game in the last several months. Maybe a year.

You should read my last few DLP games. As far as I'm concerned, I've never played on Westeros before.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Zenzao is either town or scum that's throwing all their effort into getting townread early and will probably crash and burn later. I'm not sure he can keep up the bravado all game.

Tammy is eh. I think her confusion at Zen's opening could be town slash not aligned with Zenzao. Dislike the "please see I'm town" plea on page one. The tone doesn't mesh with the way the situation played out imo. I'll prioritize turning this into a real read.

That's all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    --- Post automerged ---
    that happened I guess

feels appropriate

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that you got sick of being known for having a bad scum game and getting townread because of having said bad scum game? That you worked on changing your play style and now prefer scum?

If I'm properly parsing the first sentence, I completely understand! I still feel like my scum games sucks terribly, but I was known for having a completely shitty scum game, kinda like how I played when we were partners in Three Little Pigs - but that was more about me drawing scum every single game for nearly a year and being so burnt out on it that I was miserable drawing it again. But anyway I got tired of being known for it and worked on it. I'm still not comfortable at all playing scum, for reasons most people don't understand, but I can do it better than before.

I did see in discord that your scum game has improved and if I have time and the inclination, I'll meta you there. I didn't intend to do any meta this game. I mostly did because I'm grading and procrastinating, and the you I was expecting to find based on past experience wasn't there, and I was trying to make sure I wasn't having crazy expectations. I'm also in the process of working on my play style, but what I'm trying to work on is not getting so emotionally invested in games that it sucks up too much of my time and life and negatively impacts both.

Anyway you liking scum now or being more comfortable drawing scum now changes a bit of my expectations of you I guess.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What situation?

You're someone I was looking forward to playing with and hoped to work with if you're town. I figured I'd be an easy read for you if you actually read my posts.

I know I'll never get lucky enough that all the people I'm looking forward to playing with will actually be town, but I can hope and I want those people to properly read me so I can work with them. I'd like to have a proper understanding of this game and figuring out/working with people I understand the best, or think I do, will go a long way in helping me do that.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I got sick of everyone expecting me to be happy all the time. Or something. I don't prefer scum, I'm just less whiny about rolling it. And more confident in my abilities, though endgame still sucks a fat hairy tootsie pop.

Zenzao canceling RVS?

I did read your posts? It's unrealistic to expect anyone to have any kind of read when there's less than 40 posts and only three people have really been participating?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I can't really help that you're being kind of scummy right now. Sure, I'd love to townread you if you're town super duper early, with ease and confidence, but fantasies are for sign-up threads.

I'm willing to work with you, in part so I can squash any possible confbiasing, and in part because you're here and being active.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

But I like happy Vaimes :(.

20. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Okay?

I don't understand what zenzao canceling rvs has to do with me wanting you to read my posts and realize I'm town. I thought the four words you read were his and were giving a read on him. Yes, I have unrealistic expectations sometimes, but I've seen you give reads early before. You've just been my partner before and I think I'd probably play similarly to then, and I was just looking forward to playing with you, so.

But seriously how does the one thing, zenzao getting out of rvs, have to do with my wanting you to read me as town?

And you didn't answer my question about how zenao went out of rvs.

Side note: zenzao I've just seen the white bar thing you were talking about! It doesn't automatically show the post though, but it is different than the little thingy I got earlier.