1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xandrel's Challenge #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Andrela, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Challenge #1;

Summary:
    It is Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    and he is excited about this strange, new, magical world.
    However, many dangers and adventures await the young Boy-Who-Lived.
    For you see, Dark Lords disguised as Defense Teachers, Ancient Monsters and Wanted Murderers,
    are not something you see everyday.

Rules:

* Combine the main story-lines of the "Philosopher's Stone", "Chamber of Secrets" and "Prisoner of Azkaban",
    during Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts, in a way that will make sense and be plausible within the canon universe.

* The Philosopher's Stone and Quirell must be at Hogwarts like originally.

* Someone (up to the author to decide) must be given Tom Riddle's Diary by Lucius Malfoy
    and start using the basilisk to attack muggleborn students.

* Sirius Black must escape Azkaban in the summer before Harry's first year at Hogwarts.

* Notice-Me-Not Charms can't exist.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In other words, xandrel challenges you to avoid the inevitable plotline clusterfuck.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't know, sounds like a fun challenge - if I had the time, I'd be tempted to take it up. The Azkaban plot would be the problem.

4. Alive and Free

Alive and Free Groundskeeper

I'm workin on a PS and PoA combination and I think I've found a pretty seamless way to integrate them. That said I'm a fair way off posting anything (mostly because I have trouble concentrating on one idea at a time).

5. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

I remember reading the first paragraph of a Harry/Daphne fic where all the first 4 years happen in first year itself. Can't seem to find it now. Let me tell you, it sucked big time.

6. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Today at Hogwarts: Day of the second task, Harry finds Scabbers in Hagrid's cabin. Meanwhile, Dumbledore finds the message Ginny Weasley has been taken into the chamber of secrets, while Ron and Hermione confront the chess board in the secret third floor corridor!

7. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The first three years stuck together isn't a problem. It presents an interesting challenge for a talented writer, certainly, but it's doable. The first four years, on the other hand... well, are you planning on sticking a first-year into the Triwizard Tournament? If not, why bother having it to begin with?

8. Thyestean

Thyestean Slug Club Member

There is only one plausible way I can see this working. First of all it doesn't matter who gets the diary. Whoever gets it opens the chamber. Voldemort/Quirrell are going to know what is happening as he is the only heir and he made the horcrux. Sirius then breaks into Hogwarts, gets caught by Quirrell who happens to read the daily prophet and can put 2 and 2 together. Voldemort/Quirrell then find out about Peter and enlist his help. Which would lead to an easy rebirth with the ritual. Have Peter raid Riddle's grave and gather the things needed for the ritual. Harry is a first year, he will be easy to manipulate. Give that bitch a blood quill and you have a resurrected dark lord. The philosopher's stone is easy, just have him go after it when he finishes the ritual.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  9. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Forcibly taken=\= willing writing with the quill. No matter what angle you approach it from, Harry continues to write with the quill after it starts to carve into his hand (which is just retarded, but Canon) I'm not sure how to misconstrue that into forcibly taken.

10. Thyestean

It is a shitty plot either way, linear and boring. A more interesting one would be to have the diary work, revive young voldemort. Then do the ritual and have a battle between the young voldemort versus the old voldemort for the stone.

11. Andrela

It'd be an interesting take. Young Riddle has no knowledge after the Diary was created.
    He could even be jealous of the power older Voldemort has.

I was wondering, depending on when Sirius escapes Azkaban, most people would blame him for the robbery at Gringotts and opening the Chamber of Secrets.
    This would give an advantage to Quirell and the Diary-User alike.

Also, I have a person that could possibly use the diary: Draco.
    He sees his father hiding a dark artifact and being a stupid 11-year old he steals it for himself before going to Hogwarts.
    Diary-Tom of course has no desire to kill a Pureblood like Malfoy, so perhaps he tells Draco to give it to someone else?
    Hermione, for example? Or would she be too smart to use it?

12. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Then lets throw in a time-travelling ron , who is confused beyond hell trying to prevent the horrible future happening.

13. Andrela

Wait, what?

14. Thyestean

Why stop there, have a time traveling dumbledore, who is only allowed to change which type of candy he offers his students.