1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xantam's "While the Other Survives" challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Xantam, May 28, 2008.

1. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

While the Other Survives

Well this is more of a plot bunny, but meh... Anyway, I was rewatching the Heroes finale the other day and it made me think of how in fandom it is often thought that as long as both Voldemort and Harry live they would be effectively immortal. So basically I want to see a probably PostOotP fic in which instead of killing Voldemort Harry traps him in a similar method that Hiro used. It might work better if Voldemort did this to Harry and eventually Harry got out only to find a world dominated by Voldemort. Any thoughts?

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

It's been done. There was an entire story dedicated to Harry and Voldemort wrestling with the wording of the prophecy to find a way for one of them to finally off the other.

3. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Sounds sort of familiar...

Link please?

4. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I dunno, it's been a while. Tried to google-fu it up but I can't remember enough specific information. It's probably in the Humour/Parody section.

5. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

Yeah, the wording of the prophecy's been done to death. Hell, I've even seen one where Harry hunts down a creature called 'The Other' in order to survive.

But if you're going to do it anyway, just don't put to much emphasis on the alternate nature of the interpretation. (I.E. derailing the flow of the story to explain it.)

Last edited: May 28, 2008