1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox One v Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Relic, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Worthwhile? Possibly. Some people might like some of the games that are out now on the new consoles, depending on their personal tastes.

Genuinely good? Not really. There aren't any really decent games out yet. It's actually kind of sad.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Another personal opinion.

Is resogun not genuinely good? You say no? Sounds like a personal opinion.

I think it's amazing. Who's right?

I think AC4 is amazing, and the beast version by far is on ps4.

You don't rate it though. You don't think it's 'genuinely good'. Who's right?

NBA 2K14 is a sight to behold and is just downright fantastic. The visual fidelity is so good that, even blown up on my massive screen, i could mistake it for reality.

You don't like it though.

Who's right? You or me?

This is why the statement is ridiculous. If you like the games, then they're instantly great. If not, don't buy the console.

3. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

You forgot Quantum Break.
    But does anybody really care so much about exclusives in 2014 with
    Destiny, The Division, Watchdogs and The Witcher 3 ?

To turn around the E3 PR disaster. Sure. Though I have a XB1 I'm not particular interested into TF as I'm not really into MP twitch shooter.

Until the market size is big enough to carry real NG AAA titles the game studios will be open for exclusive deals for anybody who is willing. And I'm sure MS is willing.

---------- Post automerged at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Forza 5 despite its more limited car park and racing courts is by all counts a high quality AAA title. It all comes to personal game interest and not some general game quality consensus.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

inFamous is an exclusive. :colbert:

EDIT: The problem with Forza 5 is it has microtransactions out the ass, which is fucking gross. I have no idea how you - or anyone, really - gets around that.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    As much as it pains me to say it, xbox owners that don't gravitate towards shooters are very much in the minority (halo, gears, CoD).

What i mean by saying MS desperately needs TF is - even though I'm in the same boat as you and couldn't give two shits - that it's the kind of game that's a system seller a la halo.

Even when it's not exclusive any more, they will have already established a huge player base for more popular sequels.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. samkar

Finally had more time with DR3. The world is a nihilistic blast of fun but the controlling is still a mess. As if the guys at Capcom still live in their own little world of backwater gamepad usage and camera angles.

8. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Tell me about the visuals in that game. How much do they affect your enjoyment? Because every time I've seen that game its visuals are incredibly off-putting. It just seems so...drab and unsaturated, compared to DR and DR2, which were both incredibly bright, colorful games.

The gameplay itself looks fine and all, but man the visuals.

9. samkar

It feels to me like a zombie game has to look like environment wise. Walking Dead look.

10. Solomon

Solomon Heir

A generic one, sure. It just doesn't look like Dead Rising to me, from a visual standpoint. So it doesn't actually affect your enjoyment at all then?

11. Lord Raine

It's not. A truly good game is fun to play whether you're a fan of the genre the game exists in or not.

You don't have to like Survival Horror games to really enjoy Bioshock.

You don't have to enjoy FPS games to have a lot of fun playing Halo: Combat Evolved.

You can think Tower Defense is stupid and still play the hell out of Sanctum 2.

There are no truly great games out in the current wave of next-gen consoles, merely acceptable ones. That's not an opinion. It's a fact.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nope, that's an opinion. Your opinion, in fact.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

As someone who thoroughly does not enjoy FPS games, nope. Halo was not fun at all to play.

Resogun is debatably that good, but even ignoring that, the consoles have been out for less than a month, dude. And you really can't judge games before they come out (to a degree) because there could be games that look terrible and wind up great, or games that look great and wind up terrible. Or games that look like they're going to be good - inFamous, Watch_Dogs, etc. - could wind up being exceptional. We won't know that until they're out.

14. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Your definition of truly great =/= fact. It's an opinion.

Besides, we've gone from truly good to truly great. Make up your mind. Good =/= great.

Resogun is a truly good game. AC4 is a truly good game.

Are they GREAT games? Resogun is, AC4 is not.

Oh look, we can make definitive sounding staetments as well and try to pass them off as fact.

Get your head out of your ass, you're not the final arbiter of what is good and what is not.

Trying to speak as if you are only makes you seem arrogant AND stupid.

15. Lord Raine

Yes, they're very slow compared to Nintendo.

I'd rather be arrogant and have good taste than be humble and genuinely believe anything that's out now for any of the next gen consoles, including the WiiU, qualifies as "very good."

Nothing does. Not Ryse. Not Forza. Not the latest graphical update patch for the same sports games they've been reselling to people for the last ten years. Not any of the graphical update patches for the games they designed to work on the last-gen systems and are trying to sell you now on the new systems.

Call me back when Fallout 4 drops and when we know whether or not Bayonetta 2 is a solid continuation of the Devil May Cry legacy, and then we can talk about whether or not anything "very good" exists in the next-gen lineup. As it stands, the best you can bring to the table are forwards ports like Black Flag, sports games that nobody actually cares about, and third party games for the WiiU Arcade.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  16. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's like I'm really on /v/.

17. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's because Raine gets /v/ shit up the ass all day long, then spews it out on us. It's getting tiring, tbh.

18. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Am I not getting something? The WiiU didn't get its first really good game until the Wonderful 101 came out, and that was only a few months ago. It's hardly a launch title.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    You have to realise when something is a lost cause and drop it, lol.

Trying to argue contrasting opinions with people... Lol, no ty.

Btw, AC4 IS great, YOU MUG!

20. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The problem isn't your opinion, or arrogance, the problem is the fact that you're trying to shove both down everyone else's throat. Reminds me of religion, well parts of Christianity mainly. Quite a few religions don't force their beliefs on others as much as you are trying to.

Not to mention, you can have good taste in games without being arrogant. Or trying to tell everyone else right from wrong.

You are taking a subjective matter, and treating it objectively. Humanity is an incredible diverse species, we cannot agree on anything, yet you are trying to tell us that your opinion on games is the only opinion? Get off your fucking high horse please, and try to realise that a differing opinion to yours isn't inherently wrong.

In fact, I'm inclined to agree with you on all the points you make about the games. None of them look particularly good, or great to me. But I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to them. Because they aren't the sort of games that I enjoy.

But hey, you know what? Other people like them, even love them. That's awesome, I'm happy they found something that they enjoy playing. I know a lot of people hate the games that I think are fucking amazing. Doesn't make them wrong though, just means they prefer different things.