1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xerses I hate WIP's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiph0, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Aye. We've went over this numerous times. The pairing sucks horribly in canon and in like 90%+ of fanon fics, but occasionally you'll find something readable.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

*Absolutely, positively refuses to comment on this subject.*

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*Concurs and leaves the building *

4. Midknight

*throws some Ginny juice at both of you for adding pointless posts on a subject that we've already covered numerous times*

Don't like it, you don't have to read it, but there's no need to say anything about it, especially when you're saying that you're saying nothing. Capice?

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Post whoring v. (pōst hôrēng)
    1. Posting of useless messages in an improper situation.
    2. See Post Whoring >READ<

Ex 1. Johnny post-whored on his favorite bulletin board by posting "I concur" to a statement.
    Ex 2. Johnny clicked on the link and ceased to post-whore after reading the aforementioned warning.

6. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

Ravenclaw you may want to put a new version of that link up cuz when I click it it says "The topic or post you requested does not exist"

7. Midknight

Ty, I'd forgotten to update his post. I added the Post whoring thread to the rule thread. It can now be found here as an addendum

http://darklordpotter.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=107

8. Some of them are good if updated frequently and you know if they actually plan to. its sad when the really good storys dont update for like a year.
    a really good one is Inquiring Minds by C.Night its really good but sadly has not been updated in months. seriously, if your going to write a story finish it!!!

9. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Meh...WIPs are fine. You can't hate them, really...all finished stories used to be WIPs at some point...and the readers then must ahve bitched then.

If a fic is good, then i don't mind waiting for the update. For instance, Taliath's fic is excellent...i don't mind waiting if it means that i'll get another excellent chap to read. Hopefully, some people feel the same about my fics, even though i take a devil of a time updating.

But yes...when i sit down to read a fic, i much prefer it t be completed and long. Then i can get through the fic in one go rahter than piss aorund waiting for updates and reread the story fifty times to understand where i am.

*brandishes cutlass at WIP-haters* "Arr..."

10. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I very rarely start a fic unless it is complete. Only if it is recommended in here, and has over 70k.

11. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I hardly ever read new fics. I used to search for keywords but nowadays i just read from 'favourites' of some authors. I usually only read them of they are complete or AT LEAST 100,000 words. That way, if the story is abandoned, i still get a bit of a good read out of it.

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

mmm, I tend to find new stories by doing a 20k+ word search with Action/Adventure as the genre.

my Alert list is.. quite filled with fics.

I dont mind WIPs at all, even if the author takes months to update, Ive got so many alerts, always got something to read.

I never have trouble remembering what happened to, even after 3 months without an update. I read around 2 paragraphs into the new chapter and presto, the entire plot comes back to me.

13. John Croaker

John Croaker Second Year

I actually don't mind WIP, as long as update will be made in less than 2 month time.