1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

XxEnvyxX´s Challenge, I hope you accept!

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by XxEnvyxX, May 2, 2008.

1. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

Hello there!
    I want to put up a challenge and I hope one of you would write something like that.

Challenge:

The Horcrux in Harry isn’t as dormant as in canon. After his first bit of accidentally magic, Harry meets Tom, a guy who only he can see.
    As a small boy it isn’t unheard of to have an invisible friend and Harry is a lonely boy and happy to have someone to talk to and play with.
    Tom can’t take Harry’s body over, because of his mother’s protection (remember Quirrel) , not that he didn’t try *grin* but it was quit painful for both of them.
    So what should Tom (aka Voldemort) do? He can’t leave his “host” like he couldn’t just leave the diary and he can’t posses Harry.
    After some problems (Tom tried to get away, get revenge on Harry etc. What you like) Tome begins to see Harry more than his “prison”/”ward” and sees how similar they are (bad childhood etc.) and he starts to treat Harry better.
    Eventually Tom sees how many possibilities he has: A young and easy inalienable lonely boy and starts to teach Harry, not only about the wizarding world, but his views as well.
    Tom hopes that maybe, if Harry is powerful enough, he can get an own body again.
    He doesn’t want Harry killed, because he would vanish with him and he doesn’t want to die and that is why he is against the “real Voldemort”, he would kill Harry and wouldn’t mind killing him as well to get his way. He doesn’t see himself as this Voldemort, he has his own mind and plans, he is a separate being (and he isn’t a complete Horcrux, remember).
    So it would be reasonable for him to keep Harry away from maybe deatheater / deatheater-trainees (it is up to you if you want him to befriend Malfoy, but he really must not).

Rules:

1#Tom is just seen by Harry and can’t effect the real world.

2# Harry isn’t super powerful and unstoppable before he is even a first year, but far more powerful than he originally was (which isn’t really saying much, ne?)

3# Tom isn’t a pussy and all sweet, he sees Harry as an obstacle, later as a tool and much later as a very loyal servant and maybe more (no slash), he is manipulative and dark, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a good actor…

4# Harry sees Tom as some mix between a mentor, a guardian and an older brother, he is loyal to Tom (after some time of course) but that doesn’t necessary mean he has to follow Tom’s every whim.

5# Some wandless magic is okay, but nothing to big

6# No harem! No slash! One girl is okay, but not someone who is much older than him.
    I would prefer Harry/Luna (she is special, she sees far more than anyone else because she doesn’t limit herself) or maybe Harry/Hermione, but it is up to you. There doesn’t need to be romance at all and even with a pairing, romance shouldn’t be the main focus.

7# Harry’s house is up to you, but I suggest no Gryffindor and Slytherin is a bit obvious, ne?
    Harry would be very loyal to Tom, so Hufflepuff isn’t out of question and Ravenclaw would be very good, too. Harry wants knowledge to help Tom and get him a body…
    In the end, it is your choice.

The rest is up to you, if Harry goes his way and open the Chamber of Secrets or if he gathers potentional followers or if he is just scheming etc. your choice.

I would love to write such a story myself, but I don’t want to write it in German and my English isn’t that good, so I hope someone tries the challenge.

Thank you

XxEnvyxX

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

There's already a story exactly like this. Abandoned half-way through second year, I think, but the setup is virtually identical. Can't remember its name, though...

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Huh. This is actually pretty damn similar to the first HP plot bunny I ever got. I dumped it like a pregnant girlfriend after I got my metaphorical feet wet, though.

I find it amusing that damn near everyone that gives out challenges feels the need to press their pairing preferences upon whoever accepts it, even if it has nothing whatsoever to do with the plot bunny on offer.

4. malaga

malaga Auror

I know, I went through 15 pages of Harry/Tom (and that is a disturbing pairing if ever there was one) looking for it, but no dice.

I am sure I've read almost this exact idea though, so it's really bugging me.

5. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

I would love to read such a story!
    It´s a shame that you can´t remember where you read it or what the story is called *sigh*
    If you remember I will 100% read it.
    XD