1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Yin and Yang by IP82 - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by ip82, Aug 5, 2006.

1. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Err... anyone else think Yin-Yang is an evil character, manipulating Harry into becoming an evil bastard? And that everything he says has either been an exaggeration or an outright lie?

Am I the only one who thought this was obvious, and will be very disappointed if it isn't true?

2. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

Flamel didnt die, Dumbledore said he had enough Elixir to sort out his issues.

3. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

There is no direct evidence about the fate of the Stone. Dumbledore said that Nicholas had told him that the Stone was destroyed. I have no problem believing that AD would lie to Harry, or that Nicholas would lie to Dumbledore.

I believe that Flamel was too damn smart to just hand over the single most valuable artifact in the world to be used as bait. Remember that the worst-case scenario would have Riddle actually successfully stealing it. THAT is an entirely unacceptable risk, no matter how small. Either he had another Stone, or that one was faked, somehow. Nicholas and Perenelle are starting new lives somewhere on the other side of the planet.

It is possible that the Flamels might decide to be YinYang - looking for entertainment, and to help Harry become powerful enough to be an ally. Or rival.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  4. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I have to agree with Banner. I certainly would not give over a real item like that in those same circumstances. I'm betting Flamel lied to AD and AD lied to Harry (small or big, still a lie).

Its great that IP is still working on the story.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Heh... I remember this. Didn't like it nearly as much as breaking ties, but it still gets a 5/5 from me. Looking forward to updates for both stories ip. ;)

6. artenry

artenry Guest

I like the Yin-Yang concept - as in I like the idea it represents to the Harry of this story.

I did think it amusing, though, that Harry decided to use the Yin-Yang symbol as his personal Dark Mark. Picture it - Weasley family and Order of the Phoenix, massacred, with the Asian (Taoist) symbol of harmony and balance floating above it.

All the Asian countries in that story (if they're mentioned) are going to get a lot of shit thrown at them from that little debacle.

7. Pseudonym62

Pseudonym62 Guest

I've seen some theories about the identity of Yin-Yang, and after reading the last chapter, I'm inclined to believe that it could be Harry himself. After all time-travel is an integral element in this story. I just don't think it's logical enough for Dumbledore or Flamel to be in control. The one thing that's still bugging me is that letter...

8. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I'm moving more towards the Dumbledore or Voldemort angle for some odd reason. I was surprised that I liked this one as much as I did. 4/5 Well thought out and interesting plot. Please continue.

9. Pug

Pug First Year DLP Supporter

10. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

11. Pug

Pug First Year DLP Supporter

@!#$*&%#@!@@$@%!!~``~~@%&*$ I read that already. I feel like someone just pranked me. Like coming home and finding a letter from my lawyer said he 10 mil for me to collect and after breaking the sound barrier to get there, hearing him say that he never sent me that letter. @!#$*&%#@!@@$@% @!!!~``~~@%&*$

12. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Nah, I'm just uploading some one shot, so I updated old chapters with 'refreshed' versions from my HD.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  13. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

Sadly, I was also sucked in by the false warning.

14. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Bastards! I got an alert and saw comments on the thread, and, and, and, and............*stomps off like a lil' bitch*

15. Voice of the Nephilim

Are the PC version edits purely aesthetic in nature, or have you changed any plot points?

16. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Aesthetics only. A few tedious parts shortened and a few rewritten.

17. Voice of the Nephilim

Okay, thanks.

As good as your story may be, I still would have been slightly deflated had I re-read it to find nothing new.

18. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

When IS Ip82 updating anyways? Been dying for a new chapter... Should I consider martyrdom?

19. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Don't bug for updates; as an author, I know that things come up and that if we want quality, we have to wait patiently sometimes. Also, you got my hopes up for an update.

That being said, really a brilliant story, Ip, and I enjoyed it tremendously.

Thanks for writing,
    Kevin

20. Voice of the Nephilim

A while back, I think something was said by IP about being 2/3 of the way through the chapter, and being stuck on a dueling scene. So, at the very least, there is progress. Which is always a good sign.