1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete You Have Always Believed in Me by funvince - PG

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by The Fine Balance, Sep 23, 2007.

1. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Title: You Have Always Believed in Me
    Author: funvince
    Rating: PG
    Ship: H/Hr
    Chapters: 3
    Words: 24,494
    Updated: January 24, 2005
    Published: September 27, 2004

Summery: After a humiliating incident in 7th year, Hermione ponders the nature of trust. Trust is a curious thing. It's like a window, fragile and easily shattered, but as long as the frame still stands it can be fixed and made stronger than ever.

link: Portkey
    link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2073486/1/You-Have-Always-Believed-Me

It was this fic that got me into the H/Hr ship back some years ago. Too bad there are very few that match up to it's quality. As the summery suggest, this is as much action driven as it is philosophical. And Hermione's musings are Very well integrated into the seamless flow.

Rating: 4.5/5

Checked by Minion, August 12, 2013
    Added link to ff.net

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Meh... Harry's dependence on Hermione is boderline pathetic. It's very well written, and Harry's smarter than he usually is, but I just didn't get into it. I don't feel like it's DLP material.

3.5/5

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Welcome to Portkey.org, your portal to the world of Femnazism in the Fandominion of Harry Potter Inc.

4. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I generally don't like non-Harry centric stories but I thought I'd give this a shot. It wasn't all that good in my opinion. It seems even if Harry was intelligent, he needed to be led by the nose by Hermione. It's just a turn off for me.

2.5/5

5. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I liked this. In fact, I liked it a lot. Sure, Harry may not be the indy, kickass type that DLP generally loves, but I see this as more a short, three-chaptered General/Romance fic than an Independent-Harry one, if I am to go by DLP Library categorization. Take a look through the fics in the Romance subforum guys, and see how many of them feature a buttkicking Harry. That's right, not many. (In fact, the only one that comes to my mind right off the bat is WKGQ).

Furthermore, like someone said, Harry is much smarter than the near retard he is in canon, which is always a plus.

So yeah, I'd give it 4.5... +0.5 for being one of the best short H/Hr fics in fandom today, so it'll be 5/5.

On another note, this fic got me thinking- Why is it that in almost all Azkaban or Betrayed-Harry fics, Hermione is portrayed as one of those who can so easily lose faith or trust in him in the blink of an eye? Like her or not, you guys must admit she is one of the few, if not only characters who had stuck with Harry through thick and thin. Ron I can understand, he is just a useless sonofaweasleybitch who flees when the going gets tough and lets his jealousy get the better of him more often than not. If I were Harry, I would discard him after the fiasco in year four.

But Hermione IMO is probably the last person I would expect to betray him.

6. maidros

maidros Fourth Year

An all round decent story, but somethings are left unexplained. Like how a booby trap could be set via an unwilling student, or Voldemort's rather impressive possession of people. It took him several months to get round Harry and Ginny's innate defences. Glass as a trained wizard should have much better ones. So - the possession is rather far fetched, once you think about it. However, a few inconsistencies aside, it is a very good read all round.

My vote would be 4/5.
    Regards,
    Maidros

7. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

So you equate a 16 year old Tom Riddle with Voldemort?

Lovely.

As Holdern says, "You're such a swell guy."

8. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Welcome to fanfiction, the Femnazism in the Fandonminion of Life.