1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

YOU Interview JK.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Like the titles says, what would you ask JK if had a chance? I would ask the following:

• Are you fucking stupid? Do not tell me you plan on killing off Voldemort with some love shit.
    • Why couldn't Harry lust after Parvati? Why some red hair troll?
    • Why did it take so long for Dumbledore to train Harry? Because of YOU, he had to go through the crap he went through.
    • Can you kill Ron? kthxbai.
    • Uhm, you turned Hermione into an even more bitchy piece of shit why?

2. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

What possessed you to turn Harry into a complete and utter pussy? Elaborate.

Why aren't Ron and Hermione still at the bottom of the Hogwarts Lake being ravaged by merpeople, Grindylows and the Giant Squid?

Is Draco going to get tortured/maimed/raped by Voldemort for failing his mission? If so, please read the scene.

Why does Harry accept Lupin the Deadbeat Uncle who left him at the mercy of the Dursleys for 11 years as a father figure? If it was up to me, Lupin would be stabbed in the neck with my silver silverware.

Do you think that your ending will be pleasing to people with the same tastes as the people at DLP, or will it just appeal to fangirls?

And finally:

What did you do to the Joanne Rowling who wrote the first four books? If she's still alive, then how much is she paying you?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  3. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

The only thing i'd ask her is if she planned on making ron and hermione so dispicable as far as side-kicks go.

And by the way, remember that what we say/ask doesn't really matter that much to JK, we're just a small fraction within a world in habited with fangirls/boys. Granted, we're probably the smartest, most mature, least idiotic fraction of the world, but a fraction nonetheless. We're not exactly going to be her target audience.

4. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

yes, thank god for fanfiction, eh?

5. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I would ask her if Harry will become a wizard as skilled and powerful as Dumbledore or Voldemort.

6. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

I don't think we'll be seeing harry anywhere near that skilled by the end of book seven. Canon harry at the minute has no chance of reaching that level at all, at least without a hell of a lot of training on his part. She already said she wouldn't have harry spend hardly any time on training in the book. I just hope she doesn't fill it up with needless fluff fillers.

7. Vincent V

Vincent V Slug Club Member

I agree 110%

8. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    On a scale of ten, ten being your only choice, how likely is it that Harry will die with Voldemort after saying some cliche line about love beating evil?

9. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Is it true that when Dumbledore said there are worse things than death to Voldemort he was referring to reading about chest-monsters in "Harry Potter and the Half-Baked Plot?"

10. Nenagh24

Nenagh24 Second Year

South, but not too South. Umm... ¿yo hablo español
    How much money do I have to pay you to kill off Ginny? Trust me, I can find the cash. Donations will come from everywhere.

Why did Dan R. have to cry so much when he came back from Voldemort's graveyard party when we've never seen Harry cry in any of the books/movies before that, sissy much?

Edit: I told my elder sister your question, Lord Xantam (which is terribly good, by the way), and she e-mailed me back with this.

"Oh, burn. Terribly good question though. And here I thought he was trying to throw in that unbelievably novel twist of vampires. (Which sooo isn't overused. Oh yes, of course.)"

11. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Why has Harry not taken the initive and pushed himself to excel in the wizarding world? It's his chase to get away from the Dursleys so why is he not applying himself?

Why did you write HPB?

Why is the supposed house of cunning filled with idiots and lackeys?

Whatever happened to the part of Harry that would have landed in Slytherin? You know the shrew, cautious, cunning part?

How could you be so lame to follow the "love conqures all" genre? You could have made an epic fantasy series if not for focusing on that one aspect.

Harry has an evil bastard after him and all he does in OoTP is run the DA... At the start he wanted to know what Voldie was up to but once at Hogwarts he doesn't seem to care. What happened?

Why did you make Balaise a guy?

12. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Why was Harry so stupid in HBP?

Will Harry ever figure out that he needs to train to be able to beat Voldemort?

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I would ask her to explain all the plot-holes people use to make Independent!Harry fics, or just plot holes in general. For example:

- How come Molly forgot the name of the platform, after going there constantly for 10 years or so?
    - How did three first years manage to beat traps that were set up to stop Voldemort?
    - How come none of the House Elves or portraits noticed where does the 50ft snake comes from?
    - What were the chances that all 4-5 people who were attacked by the Basilisk got lucky and only saw its reflection?

...etc...

- If the Ministry can detect magic just based by location and they don't have tracking charms, then why hadn't Harry recieved a letter when Arthur and Tonks used magic at Private Drive?
    - How did Draco Malfoy and other Death Eaters know they could find Dumbledore on top of Astronomy Tower?

You get the picture, it'd probably be like 40-50 different questions about all her scewups throughout the series.

14. Haunted Warrior

Haunted Warrior Fifth Year

Good questions!
    Now mine!

-Why the hell Harry wasn't placed in Slytherin?
    -Why the hell is Ginny a stalker who obsesses over Harry?
    -Why the hell have you associated the Slytherin dunderheads with snakes, and made snakes sound evil?
    -Why have you made Gryffindors hypocritical bastards with their predigice against Slytherins?
    -What has happened to the real Harry from the first 4 books?

15. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

I would ask her what she would think of some of these retarded questions first off. A few of you ... like... well, IP at least had a few good questions. The rest of you are just illustrating the wrong way to use that thing in your head, you know kind of grey and squishy, helps you think?

Seriously, most of you are asking why she did something in the book... it's her fucking story, can you get that through your head? She can do whatever the hell she wants to do with it!

Um, lets see... maybe because it wouldn't be Harry Potter if she changed any of those? Fuck, I don't want to look through the rest of these again, quit with the fucking bashing and stick to legitimate questions. Follow IP's example, he's one of the few in here that isn't making an ass of himself.

16. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

My questions were asking for explanations, BMM. I know that she did these, and that they're essential to the plot of the story, but I'd like to know what motivated her to do those things. I think that it would be very interesting to see what made her have Harry do all of those things.

*shrugs*

But that's just me.

17. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

1. What is the significance of the lightning bolt shape of his scar?

2. What is Lily Potter and her eye color have to do with the story on the whole?

all I got for now

madeyemoody

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would mostly ask her questions about magical theory and the rules that govern it, as that's what I'm most interested in usually.

For example:

1) How permament are spells that are placed on objects? Do transfigured/conjoured objects disapear after a time? And if so, why?

2) Settle the age old arguement. Animation, is it charms or transfiguration?

3) Can magic be quantified and given a volume, like in the magical core theory that so many fans assume to be true? Or is magic something more intangible, something that doesn't run out and is simply a part of a wizard that can't be taken away?

4) How common is the art of Occlumency? Do all Aurors learn it as it would be required for them to effectively duel against people like Snape, or is it more obscure than that?

5) Can magical animals be animagi forms?

And so on.

My guess to that is that eyes are said to be the window to the soul, and Harry's soul is supposed to be the advantage he has over Voldemort. As Harry has the same eyes as Lily, perhaps there was something about Lily's soul that was special.

19. BlueMagikMarker

BlueMagikMarker Pirate King Yarrgh's First Mate

Thank you for the good posts, I was afraid that this would continue to go downhill despite my rant.

As for my questions: I've always been interested in how she came up with the different ways to integrate magic in to society. I'd probably ask her about that, and maybe what inspiration she had for some of the magical creatures that appear in the books.

Oh and I've always wanted to know whether or not the Giant Squid will get a larger role :).

20. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My first question would be if she gives a damn about those folk who populate boards like this, and love the universe but hate the books, and are not afraid to say so.

Next, i would probably ask if she objects to fanfiction, and if not, why?

After that I would go on and ask for clarification of various points mentioned throughout the books, and of plot holes and such like like IP has said.