1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Yule Ball - Dark Lord Rostam Challenge # 4

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Dark Lord Rostam, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Dark Lord Rostam

Challenge # 4

Voldemort is impatient. In Harry's fourth year, he decides to change his plan a little, and launch it earlier. During the Yule ball, it happens, Voldemort has used Polyjuice to it's fullest potential. Killing the Weird Sisters, Voldemort takes pieces of their hair, and uses a Polyjuice to sneak in some of his Death Eaters.

Before the song starts, they ask if they can have volunteers for the show. They bring Harry up; when he gets up, the head singer grabs him, thanks the audience, and leaves through a specialized Portkey Voldemort gave. The Portkey is tied in to the wards of Hogwarts through Slytherin's blood, Voldemorts blood to be exact, which allows them to bypass the wards.

The ritual takes place, and Voldemort decides Harry shouldn't leave. For the following year, Harry is broken, and rebuilt. A whole year of torture, pain, and Harry is broken, and rebuilt and trained to Voldemorts standards. But he isn't done yet.

Harry goes to get an item in the Department of Mysteries to retrieve and item Voldemort asked him to receive. Upon arriving, he finds it and sees his initials. His curiosity overrides his mission and he opens it. The prophecy unfolds, and Harry is mad. Voldemort better watch himself, for an angered, trained, and a dark magic wielding Harry is ready to fight back.

Requirements

• You must show what Harry has gone through. His torture and mental trauma is a main part of the story.
    • Voldemort must be defeated, but not after multiple battles and losses on Harry's parts.
    • Dumbledore and party aren't important. You may feature them, but to Harry, this is simply between him and Voldemort. He is also a little hurt by them; he wonders why they didn't try to save them. Though he is not angry enough to kill them, unless you want to of course. :D
    Have fun.

Good, bad?

2. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Not bad, it has a ton of potential, but why would Voldy train harry for no reason? The torture thing would be perfect for someone like Thor Nairdia to write..

3. Dark Lord Rostam

He is training him, because in his mind, Harry is finished. He has been destroyed, and Voldemort is building him to be the perfect machine. Harry, however, is not finished yet. He has no reason to fight though, until he sees the prophecy. Then he knows he is the only one to kill him, also some revenge for him would be nice too.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  4. se7en

se7en Professor

How does he have no reason to fight him if he tortured him until he was a broken man? How does the prophecy trigger that action when he had plenty of reasons to kill Voldemort right off the bat?

I like this idea though. It has potential.

5. Dark Lord Rostam

He had no reason before, because he was broken. It's like he was starting new, and to him, Voldemort was always watching him. Then he sees the prophecy, and realizes he can fight back and kill him. The prophecy triggers the action because before, Voldemort was always boasting about his Immortality. The prophecy showed he can kill him, and that he is the only one who can.

6. Arne

Arne Squib

I can even give reson to it. Voldemort needs Harry to retrive the profesy. To do so, he is trained in steels and even in some combat.

7. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

This challenge relies on the fact that Harry will lose at least some of his memory while being tortured by Voldemort. I'm guessing that the new Harry will have a new attitude, right? This can be brought about the easy way (memory charms) or something more creative.

I don't see torture as a good way to make someone a loyal servant, but I really like the idea. Probably because I'm such a sucker for AU's...

8. Jeff

Jeff Third Year

I don't think DLR means that he loses his memory, right? It probably means his will is broken to point where hes a hollow shell ready to be crafted to ones desire.

EDIT: Ah shit. I added to the bumping of this thread. =(

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  9. Dark Lord Rostam

Yup, that's what I meant. Now, does anyone want to take the challenge up?

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

...Decent idea, but one problem.

Canon says, or its just a mistake on JKR's part. Portkey's work on Hogwartsgrounds, as displayed by book 4, in the final task.

11. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

No. Why the hell would Voldemort train Harry? His name is on the prophecy as well. He can easily go there and get it himself.

If he's got Harry broken, and already knows about the prophecy, wouldn't he simply cut his losses and murder Harry, then announce his return as soon as he's stolen the Prophecy?

After all, if Bellatrix, Rudolphus and Malfoy can sneak in, it's got to be child's play for Voldemort to get into the DoM unseen.

Perhaps, DLR, you could use a slight change...well, a big change.

When Harry is kidnapped, Wormtail still hasn't managed to acquire all the ingredients for the ressurrecting ritual. Voldemort, instead, uses the scar connection to regenerate himself, along with some blood.

Harry manages to escape the same way as before, but not before the ritual is done, and not before it has a side effect that nobody knows about. Here is where you can incorporate the old-cliche 'Harry gets Vldemort's knowledge and memories', only you'd be doing it in an original manner.

12. Dark Lord Rostam

I guess that could work. Guys, I'm not writing this. It's a challenge, I'm just giving you a premise. Yarrgh can make a different challenge regarding that, or an author can use mine and do a little twist.

The whole thing for mine is how he is kidnapped which is original. The part of torture and being rebuilt is just a little side story to get him to kill Voldemort, which he will do no matter what. My challenge just gives you something that would give Harry a reason to see the horrors of war, and a reason to fight back.

So, if no one takes this up, too bad. If you do, fuck yeah, and make sure you tell me. Meh, I don't even like this challenge. I thought of it really quick. If someone ever did one of mine, I hope it would either be Lycan or Triplets.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006