1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Zephyrus Challenge/Game #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Zephyrus, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

Summary
    This is a challenge and a game rolled into one. These days, issuing a challenge is kind of a hit and miss, since you can't think of a challenge that will interest everyone. This way, I think that some people might be inspired or interested enough to write.

The Rules

• Each poster much suggest a title and the next person who posts must try to write the synopsis of a fic that would fit that title.
    • I'm going to suggest that the fandom focused on is Harry Potter (for obvious reasons) but any fandom you want can be used.
    • If a writer comes upon a title/synopsis that he or she likes, then by all means, feel free to write it. The beauty of this game is that it should spawn actual fics.
    • There shall be a limit of three titles per post, but you can only post one if you like.
    • Entries must be neatly organized, as shown by the example below.
    Example

Symbol of Torment

[Evangelion]

Such a small thing, a cross. A paltry little thing to be placed on a necklace. It was a symbol of everything that was wrong with the world and everything that was right.

Ikari Shinji muses on the nature of symbols as he lies in bed with his commanding officer.

Full Circle

[Lord of the Rings]

In which an ordinary man thinks. He is no part of Fellowship. He is not a long lost king. He is no soldier in a war. He is no bearer of a Ring. He is merely a Man of little standing in the kingdom of Rohan.

Yet ordinary men can still affect the outcome of a journey. Even if it is just a small thing as offering a kind word to a melancholy Halfling. He is part of something larger than himself, even if he doesn't know it.

Ordinary men who do ordinary things never look beyond themselves. But things come to Full Circle nonetheless.

You Are Nobody's Replacement

[Harry Potter]

The thing was, I actually believed her. I got past our disastrous last date. I got past the fact that she'd dated many, many other boys before I. I got past the fact that she used to be engaged to a Weasley.

With the French, nothing is ever simple.

A Harry and Fleur romance.

Need

[Naruto]

"The problem with life, Naruto, is that there is a distinct difference between want and need. You want both of them. But which one of the two do you really need?"

An InoxHanabixNaruto love triangle.

Challenges:

Mourn the Moonbeam

For Want of a Nail

By Way of Sea

Ebb and Flow

Charades

There you have it. I took examples from several fandoms so that people aren't limited just by Harry Potter, though as I said, I think the focus will end up being primarily HP.

Edit Note: It was pointed out that the titles I had originally posted were a bit to vague to work with, so I tried coming up with some more (and better) titles to help the flow of creative juices. No vulgar pun intended.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009