1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Zev´s Challenges.

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Zevrillion, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Zev´s Challenges.

I haven’t seen this done before so I thought I should make a challenge of my idée.

1) Voldemort realise he might not be strong enough to win a fight between him and Dumbledore. Not wanting to risk the above he starts to look for possible allies. After looking, he only finds one possible candidate, Harry Potter. With nearly the same background as Voldemort himself, he thinks he can turn Harry to the Dark side. Knowing this is what he must do, he starts to form his master plan.

2) Voldemort goes to Hogwart in the disguise of a Defence against the dark arts professor. Ok, now you think Dumbledore should know if Voldemort is in the school, but remember; Barty Crouch Jr, Snape also has the dark mark so Hogwarts can’t have any defences( not that I think Voldemort have the mark anyway). Dumbledore also think Voldemort is too afraid of him to come to the school in this way.

3) When Voldemort is in the school he soon becomes a very important person to Harry. Harry starts to look up to the new DADA teacher. With clever words Voldemort starts to change Harry’s view of the world.

4) After a while it has gone so far that Harry has alienated his friends. The Dark arts don’t seem that dark anymore and he soon starts to practice them in secret with the help of the new DADA teacher. His hate/distrust for Dumbledore and the ministry only grows stronger. Harry’s world becomes more and more confusing. Who can he trust anymore?

5) What’s going to happen next is up to you but in the end he must be on the light side as the saviour of the light.

6) No stupid romances like; HP/GW, HP/HG, HP/LL. It would be OK with Blaise, Pansy or a OC but I would prefer a lonely Harry.

What do you think? Anyone interested?

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

There is only one problem with this. What about Harry's scar? It would react very strongly to being near Voldemort for such a long time. His scar would be burning continually. I know some other writers have made it so Voldemort can control the link, making it so Harry doesnt feel any pain but is that actually true? Even with Harry mastering the 'Mind Arts', he would still feel a constant pressure against his barriers on his mind. So, how would one get around this problem? Is it up to the person who takes the challenge?

Just curious, is all.

3. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Voldemort was able to manipulate the link to his advantage. My guess is he should also be able to shield against it.

He could probably perform a ritual that disables the link.

Another thing Voldemort could do is to smuggle in a potion that numbs the connection from Harry’s side. For this to work Voldemort must also have to drink the same potion. Otherwise the potion wouldn’t work and you cant blame Dumbledore for not giving Harry a potion like that.

Personally I think the link and his scar is emotion based. If Voldemort didn’t want to hurt or hated Harry nothing would happen.

But that is for the author that will take the challenge to decide.

4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I also believe that the scar only reacts when Voldemort is angry or malicious

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I dont know. Whenever he has been close to Harry its burned like in the first book.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, that's practically an outline of the story "Dark Lord's blessing" from pottersplace3. Only without that whole harem thing and not AU.

7. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

I'd say Luna Lovegood is nuts enough to fall to the darkside if her boyfriend did... hell, IMHO she could become his verson of Bella Black... only make her a raging lunatic rather than raging psychotic.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

You know, I was just thinking that about an hour ago while I was writing a bit of my story. Harry and Luna are younger versions of Tom and Bella.

9. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

To a digree... though I'd say Luna's more the kind to just be out of her mind and dangerously nuts... Bella seems like the kind of person who tortured puppies as a child. Luna would never do that, though she might be the kind to talk to a puppet named Mr. Flibble...

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, they a different types of mad.

11. Silent

Silent Kinky Wench

Yes, Bellatrix is a sadistic, bloodthirsty kind of crazy, though idealistic in her own way. Luna is crazy in a escapist, imaginitive way.
    Both would still have the potential to be fiercely loyal to someone.

12. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

This sounds like an awesome challenge, i hope someone takes it up. As for the scar thing, It is stated numerous times that Voldemorts proximity to harry bears an effect on the scar.

Begining of GoF, after harrys dream, he thought Voldemort was close becuase his scar hurt.

However, maybe Dumbledore could find away of disabling the link, it would make everything more a cockup on DD's behalf and would be far more ironic.... DD gets rid of link, that allows Voldemort to get close to harry, who can then turn on Dumbledore... oh this is going to be glorious...