1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry and Tonks as Auror Partners

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by darklordmike, Sep 21, 2018.

1. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Looking for post-Hogwarts fics where Harry and Tonks are Auror partners trying to solve particular cases/mysteries. Doesn't matter if they're paired together or not. Buddy cop! tone preferable to something very dark.

I'm thinking about writing a comedy where they're trying to solve a bizarre case, and I want to know what else is out there. Buddy cop stories not involving Tonks are fine too.

2. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
  3. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Thanks for the rec. That was a surprisingly good story. It had the cops-and-robbers vibe I was looking for, even if it went a bit overboard with the muggle technology. It might be worthy of the library on good writing alone.

I did a thorough search on ff.net and didn't see anything else with Harry and Tonks as Auror partners, which is just bizarre. I assumed there would be some stories along the lines of Heather Sinclair's 'Gentleman Usher,' but maybe not.

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@ mike, if you take Tonks only, there's also this: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/t...the-liquor-of-jacmel-by-snorkackcatcher.9152/

And if this isn't too dark for you, here's Harry and Neville investigating: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/winter-sunlight-by-undertree33-r.3050/ Edit: Just saw you already read that one. Nvm then.

I seem to recall an actual Harry-and-Tonks-investigate-something story, but for the life of me I can't remember what or where. I'll post if I think of it. Perhaps it's also just my imagination -- one of those stories I had plans to write myself, heh.

5. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You are welcome, if i come across other cops fics I will let you know, at least finished, or updated regularly

@Sesc thx for the rec

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018