1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Epic 7 (Mobile Gacha)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone else playing this?

I'm reliably told by about seven million people that it's like Summoners War, but infinitely better art and 10/10 tiddy physics. It's been out in Korea for a bit and was just released worldwide a few days ago.

I'm enjoying it a lot.

I've not felt the need to spend money at all save for a welcome pack ($5) and another value pack that gives crystals while levelling. Fair warning, I don't think I would either going forward. PvP is pretty valued in this game, and a lot of Koreans hard raged at the company for nerfing/buffing heroes.

I can't say I blame them. Given the rates aren't great, if a hero i had spent bank on, or got super lucky to get got nerfed...? Money and time invested going down the drain? Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed too.

Having gotten by biggest negative out of the way first, the positives:

It not only looks like a dream, it runs like one too. I've never played any game on mobile that was so buttery smooth.

The devs know gacha fans like to reroll, and they semi built it into the game. Along with the half a dozen or so regular summons you can do from rewards up until the end of chapter 1, you get a special tenfold summon ticket at the end of said chapter. It's special because it lets you reroll that tenfold thirty times, letting you stop at any time and claim the five star you want.

Don't like any of your results? You can reset your data in-game (provided you log in as guest and don't link your google or whatever until you're happy), no deleting /redownloading required, and power through chapter one again to that same point.

I did it three times as I was targeting one of three heroes. In each rolling session, I got anywhere from 3 to 7 5* heroes, so it's not so painful.

Oh, the combat is turn based and there's auto battle. Fuck you FGO, I'm looking at you.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've tried it and I expect to drop it by the time I've finished the available story.

It is just another bland "do 8 million things a day" infinite upgrade unit collection game. The story is okay so far, but I am not invested in literally any of the characters except maybe Mash Mercedes.

Animations are great and the free selective summon was a very nice mechanic. Was able to get Sez (the most op unit in the entire game) without rerolling accounts.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    You prefer upgrading units to be locked solely behind gacha...? o_O

Or do you want no progression? I no understand.

Btw, Sez is always great, but he's on OP in weaker enemies and early game. When the enemies HP starts to get inflated, you're not getting them below 50% as easily and going insane.

Also, I forgot to add, unlike other games, some of the best DPS in the game is 3/4*

Heroes to look out for Carmainerose, Karin, Silk, Kiris (very similar to Robin Hood in FGO), Cidd etc

Arming is a great 4* tank

Elson and Achates are great healers too.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Fairly certain we've had this exact convo before in other 'upgrade and arena centric' game threads.

The problem with many Korean games like this one is that they overload you with a thousand different upgrade systems and play modes. And when the whales have maxed their current char capabilities, the devs just implement a new mode/upgrade system.

The only way anyone can keep up is by spending money or by dropping multiple hours a day in completing all the modes. This drastically raises the bar of entry, stops the game being fun for casuals, and ultimately kills new player count.

When this happens, the devs will just make a copycat game with reskinned mechanics and graphics and the process starts all over.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    I think you're massively overstated the mechanics, but you've made a statement that can only be disproven with time. All I can say is that you absolutely do not need to spend money here. I'm frequently one-rounding Sez in arena with my 4* (who I've already easily promoted to 5*)

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  7. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Looks good, but I just don't have the time to do a third gacha. Same reason I dropped Dragalia.

If they were all as low maintenance as FGO it would be easy. But they aren't. I just can't spend 2 hours per gacha every day just to stay current.

Wish I had the time.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I just finished the story and Destina was vital towards the end. Her ultimate cleanses everyone, which can make or break a lot of fights.

There's a 3 star healer that you get for free that crazy people think is better, but Destina is unrivalled in the game for pure throughput.

I've summoned a fuck load (you get a lot of summoning crystals throughout) and have yet to get another 5*. So i beat the game with her as my only 5*.

Kiris is also very good. Dot damage is very high in this game and she trivialises high hp non-fire bosses.

9. Nemrut

High Score:
    I rerolled quite a few times until I got destina in one of the one summon tickets and then proceeded to the 30 times summon in hopes to get another 5 star which ended up being Sez. Also have carminorose who is probably the one doing the most dmg atm.

Now need someone to swap out the protag out for.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Some great options:

3*
    Elson (you'll get him from the table soon)
    Kiris, Tieria, Adley.

4*
    Armin, Surin, Silk Cidd, Karin, Leo, Domminiel, Rose, Achates, Clarissa

Btw, Ras isn't bad. His 2 basically lets your strongest unit hit for free, so if you're using carmainrose, she'll use her 1 and heal herself etc.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Looked over the farming event and the shit rewards. Past the beginner levels the game is steadily turning into a high maintence grind nightmare. Think I'm dropping. Good luck brave souls.

12. Nemrut

High Score:
    So, been playing this for roughly a week at this point and I have to say, I connected with this game in a way I simply didn't with Dragalia Lost or other non FGO games.

It doesn't exactly shower you with units but also grants more than FGO. There is a lot of stuff to do but once you are out of the new game phase, it doesn't occupy all that much time. Granted, I will never be more than a casual in any of these games but so far, am having fun.

Could also be that I am frankly way more lucky with my draws here than I ever was in FGO. Actually have 3 five stars and I am having a good time with several of my heroes.

Granted, there is a bit of busywork, a bit too much to do even if you don't have to do everything, there are a few too many things to juggle. Not a fan of the whole phantasm thing to limit break your heroes, that's just gonna take too much time and effort for each hero.

It's not something that will make you like these types of games if you hadn't until now but if you do, it is worth a try.

You still playing @Gengar ?

13. Gengar

High Score:
    I adore this game and am definitely still playing.

The phantasm thing is clunky, yeah, but I kinda just have them levelling in the fourth slot while i grind for other upgrade materials.

In general though, I think stamina is an outdated concept in these games. I'm sure they make more than enough money from people buying crystals for pulls, why limit how much they can play? I sure as hell am never spending crystals to get stamina.

Drops, I feel, also matter a lot less. It was only yesterday that I finally got my second unique 5* unit, and that was Cecilia (I adore her art btw). I'm kind of the RNG king of artefact drops though, I've had loads of 5* artefacts, virtually no heroes (COME TO ME TENABREA-CHAN I WANT YOU SO BAD YOU CRAZY BITCH).

That being said, Karin is still my powerhouse monster and she one-round KOs anything that's not green - which Carmainerose handles easily enough (a 3*). I have 2 5* wolves and almost have my third, so I'm kinda close to upgrading Karin to 6*.

Atm I'm clearing out the event shop, then I'll be moving on to grinding what I need to 'Specialty Change' Lorina (the 3* dark unit from the table). Specialty changes are basically insanely awesome art upgrades, animation upgrade on their ulties, and a very slight power boost. Only two units can have them atm, the other one being a 3* knight (Kluri). I'll probably make her my next long term project. While I do all this, I do it with 3 heroes, the fourth always being taken up by a wolf.

Basically I have several long term goals that I try to work towards as simultaneously as possible.

Yeah, I'm still playing. I love it. It's definitely put Dragalia and FEH far on the backburner for me.

14. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yeah, Cecilia is really dope so imagine my surprise two days ago when I got her on my third try or so.

At the moment, the team I am running with, both PVP and PVE consists of Cecilia as teamleader and tank, Sez and Silk as damage dealers and Destina as healer and it has been going relatively well so far but then again, am only around chapter 9 and I think in the Silver ranks of PVP, so plenty of things to go.

Camainarose is a good unit but right now simply doesn't fit in my team and the same is true with Clarissa, who is also pretty fun to use.

15. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Didn't reroll. Started off strong with Krau and Destina.

Honestly, kind of annoyed at the hype of this being "better SW" since it's like... eh outside of the graphics? Needs more resources and dedication than SW to achieve the same results.

Also, Devs have said they'll nerf super popular units that are generally good grabs for multiple areas of play so... yeah. Interest simmering instead of growing. Guess I'll see what they do first after I finish grinding the event store.

16. Nemrut

High Score:
    Still having a lot of fun and my luck with heroes here is infinitely better than in FGO. In my first two tries for the new event hero I got both her and the 5 star artifact.

Besides that, the game is still a lot of fun. The autoplay can be convenient when farming but it still requires for you to play against enemies of equal strength or stronger. Since the game is still in its beginnings, PVP is still fun at least for a filthy casual like myself. It is a bit resource heavy in terms of hero management and the fact it costs gold to unequip items is pretty shit but a lot more positives than negatives for me.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm addicted.

Two biggest complaints:

They should let us scrap gear we don't need for more crafting resources.

The rewards for events need to be better (one gold transit stone? Really?). I'd prefer either 6 or a 4/5* ticket.

Oh, i lied. Three complaints. WTF THIS MAINTENANCE?!?

18. Nemrut

High Score:
    So, still playing and it's mostly fun. Tried to get Kisei which didn't happen but not too torn about it since I already have two good blue thieves I am using (Karin and Sez).

Otherwise, my progression has a bit stalled. Currently trying to get my 3rd 6 star up, arena wise am in Master III which should be Master II relatively soon. Have a solid selection of artifacts, heroes and even occasional items, although the latter could certainly be better. Still playing mostly casually and the only money I will spend on this game is the monthly pack which for 5 € the 10% xp boost and low amount of skystones is an investment I am willing to make at this point.

Abyss currently stuck on 50 although haven't tried in a week.

A bit at a loss at how to fit Destina in my current team of Cecilia, Sez, Karin and Diene, probably going to put her on my arena defense and then PVE stuff for now. Same with SS Achates.

My name is Nemrut7 on global in case anyone here who still plays wants to add me.

19. Nemrut

High Score:
    Game still going strong and guild wars coming with the next patch I think on Wednesday. Still having fun although lowkey on the lookout for a new guild, since my current one is rather meh and I do kinda want to get something done in the guild wars.

My luck with the draw has been relatively good so far, have a healthy number of 5 and 4 stars, so much so that I have a few units like Yuna and Krau whom I like but for whom I simply don't have the resources to invest it, be it Molagora or equipment. Also did the mistake of spreading my resources over too many heroes rather than focusing on 5 or so and really building them up. Still, my current batch of heroes on whom I am focusing atm are Ken, Cecilia, Diene, Destina, Bellona and Sez.

Still, the story is really fun, the side stories are really neat, even the grinding stuff is relatively fun if a bit too much at times and the drop rates for some catalysts is atrocious.

Anyone still playing? @Gengar ?

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Aye. Every day. Where do I even begin? Lol

Latest unit i built was Vildred. He's busted for PvP

My most powerful unit is Challenger Domminiel, but she's very niche. Can't use her if they stop buffs or debuffs, and in general, my bruisers are much better in the raid (yuna/kise/haste).

S.Rose and Kluri are amazing knights. Angelica's immunity is busted still etc.

My next 6* is probably Bellona, esp now that I've got her very good Unity neck /ring, so the rest is relatively easy to gear. And she's cute.

Also finally got my waifu Tenebria last week and 6* her immediately. She's amazing with Vildred and speed farming hunts. She was my second most wanted unit.

Naturally, @Jon immediately cucked me and got my most wanted unit... Spectre Tenebria...

Here's my pvp team in action: