1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Travelers

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by CrackedMind, Jan 15, 2019.

1. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I feel like this would be a show right up a lot of DLP's alley.

It stars Eric McCormack and was created by Brad Wright (of Stargate fame). So far there are three seasons up, and I have to say it ranks up there for me in terms of my favorite shows.

The concept is a great one, and it deals with a lot of interesting moral questions about whether what they're doing is right or even helping.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I've checked it out, but got tired of it soon afterwards. It follows the same formula and the setup is kind of a let down.

The cast isn't bad. I think it originally aired on NBC before Netflix picked it up, and they kind of shifted format shortly afterwards but it had that typical made for TV kind of shot for it.

Its not even something I could mindlessly watch because of all the time travel shit they do. I really wanted it to be good, because it was an interesting concept and sorta reminded me of the 4400, which I liked a lot.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really like this show. It's a bit low budget, and some episodes can be a bit off, but the dynamics of the cast trying to maintain their former bodies lives is actually fascinating to me. Nothing is over done, and some of the emotional moments hit quite hard.

I don't really watch much TV anymore, but I make time for this show. I rewatched from S2 for S3, and when I was rewatching S2, I had a stronger desire to go back and watch S1 again than I was expecting. It's not perfect, but it's tastefully done imo.

4. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

It was a Canadian show that Netflix picked up the US rights too, and then 3rd season I think was exclusively produced by them. I will say it gets better the more time in, but I think its definitely a show that once you're out on- you're out.

The things I like about the show get better with each season, but it sounds like some of the things I like are the same things that turned you off.

5. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

So apparently this show actually uses some footage from the Lac-Megantic disaster. Source

6. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Hey, just wanted to say that I binged the first season yesterday, so thank you for the recommendation!
    The show seems really good for binging, I could imagine myself losing quite a bit of interest if I wasn't so wrapped up in the story. Probably a 3.5/5 from me.