1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

'Peggy Sue becomes a mentor to the main cast' stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Meerkats, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I read Relic of the Future by Coeur Al Aran recently, and the premise that Jaune goes further back in time than the original timeline and as a result serves as a mentor to the original main cast really clicked with me. The only other instance that I could think off myself is Delenda Est. Are there any other fics with a similar premise to this? Fandom doesn't matter.

Thank you.

2. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The premise sounds exactly like that fan theory that Dumbledore was actually Ron from the future.

3. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
  4. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I remember liking this one a lot when it first came out... I think, until the last couple of chapters. Of course, like a number of older stories, it could now be a steaming pile of crap. I will reread.

5. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

From what I can remember it was bland garbage everybody turns into boring little Jesus and becomes BFF's no conflict, iirc the author is a devout Christian and it really shows everybody is redeemed and bitter assholes like Snape are totally OOC niceguys .

The guys other story started allright but all the kids started a group of little Knights of the Light and Harry and Draco became the boys of Light lol. Hard pass for this one.

6. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Time travel of this scale demands a high concentration of magic. Very high. The amount only a fully grown and awakened Mage could give. And so, Harry had drained his core into the rune network
    I think it got an audible Urghgh from me.

But if we go with these sort of stories. How about Altered DestiniesMentor Harry fighting to reign in Tom"s burgeoning evil

7. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Yeah. I remembered it being the first couple of chapters, but it just keeps going and going. C'est la vie.

8. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

AD was top tire fanfic when it came out. Parts of it have aged poorly but it's still a nice complete fanfic and a time travel story I remember fondly.

It's sequel is and always was a pile of hot garbage.

DobbyElfLord also wrote a muggle-wank army Harry fic called the Sniper which at least had the redeeming quality of its author having actually served in the forces (from what I remember.)