1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spring 2019 Anime Season

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Nemrut, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    MAL CHART

Gonna be honest, didn't really try anything last season although I still want to give Kaguya sama is love a shot.

Isekai Quartet might be fun, I mean, I watched all four anime that are combining there so no reason not to at some point.

Carole & Tuesday : I like music anime so gonna give this one a try if it is on a streaming service available to me.

Fairy Gone seems interesting enough to give it a try. Could be fun.

Nothing to jump the queue though, really. Still have a lot of web series and anime of previous years to catch up on.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Spring season looks pretty strong. But spring will also ve incredibly busy for me so I will probably have to heavily cut down on number of series watched.

But Sarazanmai is the main thing I'm waiting for. Ikuni + Takeuchi saved from Shaft.

3. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    For me, it's relatively simple:
    • One Punch Man because while it's not as good as Mob Psycho it's still pretty good;
    • Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai/We Can't Learn because I've been following the manga. Surprisingly less awful than the premise would suggest.
    • Fairy Gone looks vaguely interesting and action-y so I'll try it out.

4. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Looking at PVs it should be called We Can't Animate

5. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yeah this season looks kind of weak to me, maybe I'll watch One Punch Man and give Fairy Gone a try.

6. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
  7. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Dororo: A remake of the original Dororo (1969) anime/manga, this anime is the shit. The characters have realistic motivations, the world feels realistically grim for the era it's set in without entering grim dark territory, the MC's are actually likeable, and the OP/ED are pretty goddamn awesome. Highly recommend y'all get on this shit.

8. fire

fire Order Member

This season has been dogshit, and despite YU-NO being reputed as a godlike visual novel and Feel being an excellent studio, the adaptation was meh, as anime adaptations of VNs almost always are - Steins;Gate is probably the sole exception.

9. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think this is the first season where I'm only watching one new show.

10. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I always feel like whenever anime tries to tackle something complicated it comes off too heavy handed. Like, I respect Dororo's vision and ambition, but the writing itself is just not... strong? It tries to raise interesting questions, but it frames them so boringly and so black and white they just aren't compelling.

7/10 effort. 3/10 execution.

11. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

The last two to three episodes of AoT have been insane. I found the last season to be lackluster, but right now I'm really enjoying myself again. So many epic moments. So many interesting character threads. I'm fully invested again, and super curious where the journey goes from here on out.

Damn, I had goosebumps when Erwin cried out to his soldiers during his last charge. The same for when Levi appeared to slay the beast titan. What an incredible set of two episodes that was.