1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Sorcerer's Companion - A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrela, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

I just bought this book for a reasonably low price. It was written by Allan Zola Kronzek and Elizabeth Kronzek.

Since I bought it today, I can't say anything of the quality yet, but we'll see soon.

Has anyone here read it?

Link to a short description to the book + a preview.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I just flicked through the link you gave, considering I briefly dated a wican "witch" this reads a lot like their BS and not a whole lot like Harry Potter.

3. KGB

KGB Headmaster

That's an interesting copy-paste protection they have on that site. If you have js off the entire text is gibberish.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The HP Lexicon book would be, I think, rather more comprehensive. You know, the one that WB cockblocked and then released in PDF form to the public anyway.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

5. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

I think I was given the original blue cover one of these something like five years ago. From what I remember it was more of a "if you liked this you might also like" type deal. I remember it going into a lot of detail about the real world equivalents of things like numerology.

That said, my memories are a bit fuzzy so who really knows.

6. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Yes, I'm reading this and it has quite a lot of stuff about numerology and I believe arithmancy-like thing may make an appearance.

There's some stuff about mythology, ankhs, eyes of horus and things like that.

Say, this thing may be very useful for writing fics.

7. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Would love to see a fic where Harry was a member of this department, and travelled the UK setting people to rights, whether it was a crackfic or serious business.

"The Accidental Reversal of Magic Squad: ARMS"

8. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

It can be both. Men in Black did it, and you're basically proposing "Harry joins the magical MIB." Could be fun. Fast forward twenty years, and an adult Harry is working the ARMS beat with Draco Malfoy as his partner. Work out some sort of plot where somebody or something is trying to do something that would massively breach the statute of secrecy, and they have to stop it before the whole world goes to hell in a handbasket.

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

An MIB HP, sounds awesome. Do they have cool clothes too ? If so, I'm sold. It does sound like a fic Don would make.

10. 0jordinio0

0jordinio0 Seventh Year

That would make for an interesting short fic. Although, I'd take Draco Malfoy out of the equation. Why does most of the stories that feature this type of thing always have to include the guy that uses sperm for shampoo? Honestly, I'd kill for a fic where Harry actually just smacks the shit out of the little pussy bastard like any normal teenage male would. Where I'm from atleast.