1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The King Nobody Wanted by Space Oddity - ? - ASOIAF

Discussion in 'Game of Thrones / ASoIaF' started by Hashasheen, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Title: The King Nobody Wanted
    Author: Space Oddity
    Genre: Alternate Universe
    Fandom: A Song Of Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones
    Link: https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/the-king-nobody-wanted-asoiaf-au.15860/

Right, this...

This is probably the freshest story in ASOIAF I've seen in a while, not including Quests. It's written quite well, and more importantly for some in the GRRM style. To sum it up simply, Robert and Rhaegar both die at the Ruby Ford, leaving Stannis Baratheon as the implacable, unlikely face of the Rebellion. Crowned as King even as the civil war continues and marrying Cersei Baratheon, he must deal with the over-ambitious Tywin Lannister, the still defiant boy-king Viserys Targaryen and the struggle and reluctance amongst the coalition that once followed Robert.

It's quite a good story, IMO. One any ASOIAF/GoT fanfic reader should get his hands on. :sherlock:

2. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Here's the FFN link. I've been following it for awhile, and from the very first chapter it draws you in and refuses to let up. It's a very good fic, and definitely worth the time.

5/5

3. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Fuck yeah. The world needs more Mannis. Will rate later.

4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Excellent writing, if damn frustrating in how it keeps walking in circles. While he emulates GRRM style of POVs, instead of the POVs form a staight timeline with interactive happenings between them sometimes and rarely they happening during the same period, I think he uses more of an horizontal line, very slowly advancing the plot. It almost phisically hurts how little the plot advances, and how some feel much more like filler when compared to the main plots. I will wait some chapters to rate it.

5. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

After reading this, I ship Stannis/Cersei. The chapters involving them are my favorites. Daddy Clegane is pretty fucking good too. And the flatulent flower. 5/5.

6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Isn't this the one where Lyanna went willingly, out of 'love' for Rhaegar and belief in the gibberish he spouted?

7. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

Yes and then she gets shipped to Essos and hasn't appeared again.

8. nath1607

nath1607 Groundskeeper

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/posts/3046683/