1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Harry Potter and the Future Remapped Again By ShaintTaru - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by BlackPhoenix, Sep 2, 2005.

1. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

Title: Harry Potter and the Future Remapped again
    Author: ShaintTaru
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Pairing: Harry/Lily/Narcissa/Bellatrix
    Summary: AU. Harry is shot into the past. Using stolen knowledge and skills, he gets unexpected allies on his way to change the future. Independent and ManipulateMeAndDie!Harry and Dark, but Lightside Harry. Rated M for Sex and Violence.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2551198/1/

well the guy who is rewritten fear of the dark is rewritting Future remapped and hopefully it won't have any shitty chapters filled with shit

Checked by Minion, August 12, 2013
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Looking forward to read it but I will wait until maybe the 15th chapter before I start reading it so I have something to read.

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Same as Zev :D :D

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Cool.

5. haroon_angel

haroon_angel Fourth Year

Pairing Is Nice I Will Definitely Give It A Try

6. Alexeyy

Alexeyy Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Dear Mr. Angel
    It is my great pleasure to inform you that you're a fucking moron. Furthermore, it is my utter regret that ip addresses did not tell us where you live. I swear, if I had enough money, I'd took a ticket to the plane and crossed all these borders that separate our countries just to find you, my dear sir, and pummel you to death with my copy of HBP. A number of crimes you have committed on this dear forum surpassed all heights imaginable; all this incomprehensible periodless talk, senseless bellowing under your signature that makes ears ring, necro posting that frustrate the hell out of all other respectable forum members :)me bows left and right: ), all these make me wonder as to how have you lived past you introduction.
    I send you my very best wishes and sincerely hope to not hear from you in the next infinimenium,
    Alexeyy

P.S. Will now somebody please take pity on this dear gentleman and educate him on the proper manners? Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  7. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Alex, all you had to do was ask for him to change to a lower-case as upper-case text is very painful for you to read.

But I do agree with you, Angel please, Change your signature to lowercase letters.

8. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I think it was more that Angel necroed a four-month and one week thread rather than the capitalised signature. I'm thinking that prehaps we should have a PM sent out to all new members immediately upon joining, telling them exactley what Necro is and why they shouldn't do it, because lately a lot of them aren't getting the message.

9. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

*looks at Haroon*

*steals his 'shift' and 'capslock' button*

*beats with HBP*

*crotchmunches*

Oh, the fic?

1/0

10. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Well, The author needs someone to check his word Usage that's for certain, and things like THIS:
    Are cliche' at this point. (and it proves my usage point too, Poor should be Pour)

There are some intersting Ideas here however. I had never thought of Petunia as being older for one, nor had I ever considered that her Fiance' (Vernon) would try making passes at Lilly, nor had I considered the fact that Lilly might have recieved a similar treatment at her sister's hand to the one harry would recieve years later.

More Proof this guy need a Beta BADLY:
    I gotta admit liking the skirmish of the wits between Dumbles and Harry at the end of the last chapter though. If the guy could cut a few of the Cliche's and clean up his writing a little this story could have quite a bit of Potential. I especally like the Portrayal of lilly's personality, It has the 'Redhead Temper' Bit without making her seem even remotly like GinSlut. Actually now that I think about it, a great many of the girls I know have an attitude like Lilly's... Perhaps it's just a good portrayal of women in general. {Shrug}
    Currently 3.5/5

Edit: Btw haroon, It's bad form to Necro a fic, especailly if you don't have anything new to add.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  11. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Uh... Am I completely missing something? I was under the impression that this was Sheeza's old fic and the author planned on changing things later.

12. lucifer

lucifer Fourth Year

I like this story, harry/Lilly pairings don't bother me
    I like the fact that harry isn't an idiot its just to bad this guy isn't updating
    the story wish shezza88 was still doing it.

13. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

the author says s/he doesn't change the original story except for grammer mistakes and such. if that is the case why updating it takes too much time? i wish shezza continued it too.

14. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Yes I agree. Shezza I loved this fic. So get to writing it again if you dont mind.

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This is a massive necro, but god... the update rate is ludicrous. Shezza wrote up to Chapter 54, and the dumbass who's writing it has posted only up to chapter 9. Having 1/6th of the story up is excusable when the rewrite improves it, but I just can't say that that is the case. Shezza's brilliance is all but lost. I can understand an author wanting to make a story his own, but when doing so degrades the story to such an extent, it's better to recognize that and continue where the previous author left off.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  16. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Whow there mister high and mighty. Your comparing the poor author to shezza. Are you an idiot. Just look at your self, who started a story about a month ago only has three chapters out for "The Serpent of the Haradwaith". Instead of complaining about someone else update rate, go write your own fucking fic.

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Let's take a look at the story shall we?

My, my, my, quite the record for updates, wouldn't you agree?

Edit: Also LOL @ a a little over 2k per average for chapters.

18. Andro

Are you serious? Are you? Are you really?

Go read over what you quoted. Do you have that little feeling of insecurity that you might have missed something?

Normally, it'd be hypocritical of me to criticize another author for a lack of updates, but look at what Jon observed:

Published: 08-25-05 - Updated: 09-01-07

Over two years now, with twenty thousand words, nine chapters to show.

Even then, it's fine. What isn't is when there is about six times that amount of words, six times that amount of chapters already written.

And what's the author been doing during the course of two years? What he has done in two years is what anyone could have done in about ten minutes. Upload the files on Shezza's yahoo group, add them to the story, bam.

I wouldn't compare his writing to Shezza's. However, when this author takes it upon himself to change it as he sees fit, he opens the doors of comparisons being drawn. When he has everything given to him and takes his sweet time in changing it, he has to justify the wait and whatever changes he made. I don't think he did that.

Oh, and I suppose the slow update rate for my own is my fault? Why, I whole-heartedly agree with you! In fact, I, just like the author in question, have fifty-four chapters lying around collecting digital dust in an archive, just waiting to be posted! Why haven't I done so? Nothing could be more obvious. I've just decided to wait around doing nothing for about two years, hoping that the fic's popularity while it was being written by its nonexistent previous writer will draw in reviews.

Honestly, I won't even try to make a witty comeback about you not having a fic of your own to sanction your criticism, because honestly, it's bound to be shit if you cannot fully process a simple paragraph logically. Your brain is not you're enemy. Are you confused? Fear not, for I have the solution. That means that means it's your friend. Use it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  19. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Shezza's writing would bitch slap this authors writing all day if he had continued it.

20. Andro

Updated. I'm not linking it.

Amazing, how he managed to achieve such a feat in just under a year.