1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Growing Affection By Xavon Wrentaile -T- Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Republic, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Title: A Growing Affection
    Author:Xavon Wrentaile
    Rating: T
    Genre:Adventure/Romance
    Fandom: Naruto
    Pairing: Naruto/Hinata
    Wordcount: 707,921
    Summary: After a misunderstanding reveals hidden emotions, Naruto and Hinata begin training together, getting to know each other. At the same time Sakura finds herself jealous. Takes place in a tangent after the Elemental Training Arc of the Shippuden timeline.

Link

I looked for this fic in DLP, but didn't find it. If it has been put up for review before and didn't make it, I'm re-submitting it. If it did and I didn't see it, I must be going blind, sorry.

This fic has plenty of things going for it, and plenty flaws as well. It's positively huge, but doesn't drag on a lot. It does have some filler-ish arcs, and some positively bad concepts (vampire demons, summer resorts, school busses etc). One has but to soldier through the first chapter and a couple particular arcs. It also has some cheesy moments and a few cliches, which at the time probably weren't cliches.
    It began in 07 and was finished just a few months ago. The plot progresses in good pace, there is character development in abundance and it has some particularly impressive concepts and plots. Naruto's development seems believable, and the main antagonist is more than just a 2D movie villain.

Considering the fact that the bad moments are massively outnumbered by the good ones, I enjoyed this fic enough to give it a 4/5, maybe even 4.5/5
    Go read it and judge for yourselves, if you haven't read it already.

It's hard to find a fic this big and near half as good in the Naruto fandom, and I think the DLP Naruto Library badly needs more good fics.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Eh, the few opinions expressed seemed to agree that the first few chapters are bad. I somewhat agree on this, but urge readers to bear with it, as it gets much better later on.

Frankly, some of the stories already in the library aren't at all any better than this one. Quite the opposite. Still, that is what I think. I'd like to see if other people who have read the whole thing think it could get in the library or at the very least the recycling bin.

4. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll actually vouch for this one. The writing early is immature and sketchy in places, but over the course of the fic improves greatly, and there are more than a handful of fairly awesome moments that make up for early problems.

5. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

I'll give this a try, but I've yet to like a Hinata, apart from the one in People Lie.

6. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

"Do the eye thing!"
    Oh I love that hinata from People Lie.
    On topic: I'l try it out, but I am worried about the filler placement and timeline.