1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Sep 19, 2014.

?

How are you liking the game so far?

1. Meh, it ain't no <insert your favorite FF>

5.3%
  2. It's okay, there are bits I don't like and bits I like.

23.7%
  3. I'm enjoying it a lot! It's a fresh take on the franchise.

50.0%
  4. This is a new classic along side <insert your favorite FFs>

18.4%
  5. I haven't slept since release, plz send Ignis to cook for me.

26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm at chapter 5 now. Still loving it, though the bosses continue to kick my ass. In more positive news, I've finally realized that the reason I sucked so hard at point-warping is that you actually have to hold down the button, not just push it. I'm kind of ashamed of how long it took me to figure that particular bit out.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man you guys are blazing through. I've logged 13 hours and I'm still on chapter 2 with all there is to exolore.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Chaos Guy is live right now on Youtube if anyone'd like to watch. He's just side-questing and slaying bitches. Also, you can join IRC #FF for commentary and fun if you'd like, that's where we're all discussing the game.

He's not using a mic. And comments should be made in the IRC channel, because he doesn't use the live comments.

Update: Stream capped at 2 hours. Here's new link

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Time for some more grinding... and Ignis cooking.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Time to consult the collective.

I just got a Royal Arm, a scepter, that increases my magic by 150.

How does that work? Don't i unequip my weapon when i go to cast magic? Thereby making the boost to my magic redundant?

Or does it count as if I'm holding my last equipped weapon?

I r confused.

6. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Stats from weapons are passive, regardless if you're actively using them or not, as long as they are one of your four equipped weapons you get the stats.

7. Archer

Archer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Yay, finished the game.

[​IMG]

I have to say that I had an immensely good time although unfortunately I did too many of the sidequests and ended way too overleveled for the story which is obviously designed around people who do little-to-none of the side content.

Speaking of the story I have a lot of issues with it and, while I won't go into detail, it clearly suffers from being rewritten far too many times and feels like a completely different game from Chapter 9 onwards.

It also pieces that don't quite feel missing but outright removed, stuff involving the other three party members which will clearly be used for DLC. I really dislike how blatant it is.

Chapter 13 was the most miserable experience I had in the game and while I get what they were going for it honestly just wasn't fun.

Hopefully an Ultimania will clear up a lot of things that game fails to cover or go indepth about in classic Square fashion though I really wish it wasn't needed.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Good lord. Did you only do main story? There's like 20 hours of side content in the first 4 chapters alone.

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I was thinking about getting this as a Christmas present for my boyfriend.

However, he has an xbox one.

Are any of you guys playing this game on the xbox? Would you recommend it? I really was not about to buy a PS4, even though my boyfriend may just propose to me if I did that.

10. Archer

Archer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Oh I did a ton of sidequests, I was just lucky enough to have a lot of free time this week.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    I can't listen to The Promise on the XIII soundtrack without getting emotional. Saddest ff song ever I think...

Maybe except for the trumpet (i think?) version from Lightning Returns... I don't have that track in the Regalia yet...

NTD
  12. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

This was such a good idea I used it as well 101,000 XP x2 at Galdin. I went from 29 to 46. I think I should go do the level 19 story quest now.:)

13. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

A friend of mine has it on the Xbox One and it's almost exactly the same as the PS4 version. The only thing he's complained about is some lag and frame rate hitches when there are a lot of enemies and he uses divine summons. Honesty though, unless your boyfriend desperately wants to play some of the other big name PS4 exclusives like Bloodborne, then I wouldn't bother with buying a PS4.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    So... Squenix is now reporting that they moved 5 million units on day one alone, not including digital downloads.

Sure, that's a simultaneous global release, and yes, they'll probably need to move about 5-7 million more in lifetime sales to recoup their 10 year investment, but that's fucking insane regardless.

OT: Is it just me or do the mech soldier spawns happen waaaaaaay more frequently at night? I got like 10 in a row whilst fighting a red giant / arachne combo and it turned into a thirty minute battle of Dark Souls level difficulty. Thank Bejesus for Iggy's regroup ability.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Protip. Make thundara with exp boosting items. Cast it on them as they drop down. Not only do they die instantly, but if you put enough coins in the spell, you'll probably get 15k xp.

16. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Man this game is turning out to be the next Fallout:New Vegas for me...

In which I will be power-leveled and curb stomping before even stepping a quarter through the game.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah. The amount of side content is ridiculous to be honest.

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Funny story: when I got to the start of chapter 2, I had done so much exploration during chapter 1 that I already had all the items for all of Cindy's "go fetch this" quests except for the wax. The same for Takka's "go fetch this" quests (at least all the ones that were within reachable areas). And the same to upgrade my weapons to Drain Lance II and Engine Blade II.

So I just sat there talking to them, cycling through quests.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Spoiler for a sidequest called 'The Perfect Cup'.

That moment when Gladiolus taps you on the shoulder and with an utterly serious face, informs you that it's time to improve on the perfection that is Cup Noodles, culminating in fighting a Behemoth so you can add less than a fist full of meat to the noodles...

I fucking love this game, haha.

20. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Hmm by the time I have beaten chapter 3, I'm already doing 9999 x5 chain magics. Now I just need to get the limit damage break to do more than 9999.

This game sucks it's too easy! Hahaha.

Also, protip. Experimagic + accessory exp + food bonus exp + x2 rest exp = more exp. (not talking about that Ascension skill)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016