1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heads Up Guild Wars 2!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Teyrn, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Fenraellis which realm? What classes are you guys playing?

2. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Release date for the Heart of Thorns expansion is officially announced, October 23rd.

3. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, we never really cared much about WvW(although with did do it sometimes back in the day), so we didn't mind that Borlis Pass was never much of a winner in that field.

Still on Borlis Pass right now, actually. On the plus side, another of our friends joined us again as of two days ago(his previous account was banned for no provided reasoning, since he didn't use any exploits, and their was no outside access, and he just refused to play for a long time).

As for classes, I've got an 80 Mesmer and Guardian, and a 42 Ranger I've been working on. 22 Thief and two level 1 fillers(Birthday Gifts), too, I suppose.

For the others... Engineer, Warrior, Mesmer, Elementalist for 80s. A couple of 40's for Elementalists, 40 Thief, something-something Necro, another almost 40 Thief. Not sure what Dullahan's mid-range level Classes are, either.

=====

On a sad note, when I first logged back on, my Mystic Forge Conduit, originally obtained for either 5 or 20 Gold(I don't recall), was worth about 670 Gold. I didn't sell it at the time, due to expectation of further value because it was never able to be made again. I was... mistaken. Was just checking the market last night and just sold it for 265 Gold, losing roughly 400 Gold worth of potential difference in profit. If another 4 had sold before mine, it would have only been worth 70 Gold.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  4. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Get hype for HoT!!
    That's some unfortunate marketplace gambling.

5. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

So, Gw2 is going F2P for the core game now. I'm not so sure about all the details but it seems there's little restrictions on the f2p accounts other than the ones preventing abuse(botting for instance). You'll be able to experience all the core content with the option of buying the expansion anytime you want.

Also, the f2p part it already up.

6. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

For anyone wanting to find out all the limits to F2P accounts for GW2, you can go here.

Edit: Somewhat annoyed I can't edit the first post to put links and stuff to the news in it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

To be more accurate:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/
    1) Fewer character and bag slots, but brought up to the old standard after game purchase.

2) "Free accounts can use local chat and whispers, but not map chat. With whispers, they can both start new conversations and reply to existing conversations but are limited to starting new conversations no more than once every 30 seconds. Free accounts can buy and sell common goods on the trading post. They can’t mail gold or items directly to other players, trade gold for gems, or access guild vaults."

3) They must play to level 10 before leaving the starter zones, to level 30 before using LFG, and to level 60 before using World vs. World. They can play PvP immediately but must get to rank 20 before using custom and unranked arenas.

8. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

It's a nice idea to get more people into the game, without allowing the game system to be exploited by players. I'm a fan.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  9. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Fenraellis Gizmore.3576 got a new acc, forgot my pass and threw away my cdkey D:

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Added and invited.

11. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My acc is kecskepasztor.6319. Add me, currently trying to make a ranger work...

12. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Dellez.8045 here. Hit me up.

I've been wanting to try this game for a while, but I didn't really want to actually pay for it. Playing it now, it probably would have been worth it to pay when I originally would have. I'm having a lot of fun as a Guardian, all my skills feel pretty cool. I also had fun with some world bosses I did, even when I failed a giant jungle wyrm one.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

B-but... wait, failed the Jungle Wurm? Huh. Then again, I can't really complain. I managed to be on a map phase that defeated the Shadow Behemoth with 12 seconds left, out of the 15 minutes time limit to do so. With over 75 people doing the event, too.

Adding you guys, and inviting to Project DLP. Conveniently, I've got an 80 Guardian(with two item sets, Condition/Power/Vitality for a burn build and Healing/Power/Toughness for my tank build) and Ranger, each. Mesmer as my third, and original, 80.

14. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

It was the triple headed jungle wurm, which I understand to be harder than the other one. I wandered into a group preparing to do one of the heads. We got it down to maybe 3% hp before the event ended. Oh well.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  15. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Oho failing triple trouble makes a lot more sense!
    I'm Meerkatski.5219. The website wants to make me believe my region is NA but I'm definitely EU.

16. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    I'm thinking of buying the expansion, thougths?

17. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

If you get the expansion, you get the core game for free now. So if you never played before it's worth it.

As for the expansion, it should add a lot of playtime to the game, since all of the zones will be level 80 zones, there'll be Raids if you're interested in that, plus, Gliding which is awesome fun.

The Revenant is an interesting class, although it's kind of stifling the way the utility skills work.

Honestly, I'd say get it, since it's 50$ US for the most basic version. And since you never have to pay subscription fees, even if you quit and come back months/years later you can still play.

Edit: Run-on sentence, =/

18. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I gave this game a shot. Hadn't played a mmo in ages and felt like playing one.

Have to say the game turned into a massive grind in the second area (i'm human). I'm constantly under leveled even with doing all the side events.

Also I haven't seen anyone on a mount. Are there any in the game, or is it just the slow ass running speed all the way to late game?

19. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    For me it's 44,99 € for the basic package, so my question is it worth buying now or should I wait for some sale?

20. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

There's no mounts in GW2, but you can use waypoints to travel around areas you've been before.

And I doubt there'll be that many sales for a while, since heart of Thorns is what you're paying for, and it's not even out yet.