1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm leaving you.

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Also I don't really understand the point of this question. What are you trying to figure out exactly?

3. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I am so sorry everyone, this started at unfortunately the worst possible time for me with respect to work, being out of town, and also getting really sick. I’ll be catching up ASAP.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yay!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry that you're sick :(

5. fontisian

The thing I dislike about this is the lack of progression. Like, she had an impression, I showed her that it was wrong, she says "lay off," and that's it, no updating the read, no reading the posts more closely and sticking to her guns, nothing. I'm not really sure that's a scummy thing for manasi though. I can see town!her just being like "ok, it was just an impression, jesus."
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyone have thoughts on this progression from Von?

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Have you played with Dels before?
    --- Post automerged ---
    That is how I read it.

7. fontisian

I like Jarizok for having done this analysis, even though I don't agree with it.

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vote: fonti

9. fontisian

It's starting to get annoying, love.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Why are you townreading me?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: shadow

@Manasi , vote someone.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

Idk. Newcomb is hard to read. I'd like it if I could say "Hah, look! He called a w/w interaction non-aligned! He got it wrong! That means he's a wolf and he's faking his reads!"

It was a naive question.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What do you think about Silver's read on me and Cobalt?

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hi friends.

[​IMG]

Tom strikes me as someone more like... me. Who literally doesn't remember that kinda thing in a game that happened a week ago, let alone months ago.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

Hm. Looking at your ISO again...

Essentially it feels like you ask other people about their reads on them, or comment on those reads, but since you never really give your own read, it makes it hard for me to track exactly why you're talking about them.

So like here and here were two times I noticed you asking others about Vaimes even though you didn't seem to have any vested interest in it.

Besides that I'm noticing the posts where you question Manasi about the Gemma thing, but in retrospect I bet those are more about you questioning Manasi's logic than about you actually trying to "defend" Gemma from it. Still, there's a vague sense of me not really knowing what your own read on Gemma is thus leading to me feeling like the way you talk about her is somehow not lining up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma's posts were direct copy and pasted. Tom's response was very very similar but it had a few different words. Curious to hear tom's explanation for the interaction.

15. fontisian

Ok, that makes way more sense, thank you. I think that's a fair assessment. I'm at a point where I'm still figuring out what I want to commit to readwise, so I'm taking in more a lot more information than I'm giving out. I do this because it helps with my processing of the game. I will change that before eod, at which point we can talk about this again if you want to.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Am I? Do I have to be townreading you to be frustrated with you?

You are now on the hook for the 5:30 pst reads on shadow extravaganza. (It's in 30 minutes.)

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

Honestly, I forgot he even had a read on you. Unless I'm missing something, it's just the one post where he says you're town for questioning him without shading him. That's actually kind of meh. And I forgot that his read on Cobalt is apparently "wolf". I don't know where that comes from, actually. He implies he almost wants to trust Cobalt, but thinks he's "trying too hard". Then when I say Cobalt's post was forced, he argues that it wasn't. Like, he's just listed Cobalt as scum, but then says Cobalt might believe what he said, so it's not forced. Hm.

Why did you ask me this?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I do understand, Fonti, that a townie can very much ask questions about someone else as they are trying to figure out their own read. It's just that scum will tend to not be as forthcoming about their thought processes (or at least, it is harder for them), so an instance where I couldn't figure out your thought process was notable.

17. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

*Grabs popcorn*
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’m not sure what to make of kai responding to being asked to do something by still doing nothing. Like, he’s either got mad self awareness or none.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

I suppose it's worth asking - what is your current read on Vaimes?
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's to Fonti.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually, let me grill you on this for a moment.

You know Kai and I don't.

But do you really think Kai continuing to do nothing after being told to do something is allignment-indicative? Seems like he's the type, as town, who could very easily do that. And also as wolf I doubt he'd think "oh man, i was told to do something, i can't just keep doing nothing!" Am I wrong?

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Because I want to talk to you but don't know where to start.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes. Yes.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

Ah.

Cool.

Well, my little ISO dive there determined that Silver's reads on you and Cobalt aren't actually that great, if I'm being honest. I'm less certain about the townread on him. What do you think?