1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The latter.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Eh, I can't really think of anything. At least nothing that's not a rehash of a thought I've already seen.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I suppose if you wanted to just spool out a few sentences about the strength of your Citrus read.

Because I think he's probably the most likely wolf here, I don't feel strong about it at all. It doesn't seem to really... fit, I guess? In a way that makes me confident he's flipping red.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Sure, will preface this by saying this isn't a like Miner in TinyHunt or Vira in TheOffice level strength read, but it is one that I feel pretty good about. It's a mixture of a few things

1) PoE in that there's a huge amount of people that I'm like lock sure are town (Tom/Fonti/Yourself/Lyric) and the other people in the game (EidoCuth/Fluff) have Things that make me think it's probably not them whereas I don't have a single thing like that with Citrus, nothing I'd point or look towards and think "This slot might be town / Maybe I'm wrong on him".

2) I think the kill makes more sense from him than the other people I'm looking at. I'm not really sure I believe a world where Fluff makes the deciding buss vote then makes that kill. I also think that's just...a very weird avenue for Eido to take since I think he'd use that slot as a ML and I think he'd back himself to not get lynched today without needing some sort of play like that. I do think that kill makes sense from Citrus that feels like he's getting cornered and is making a hail mary play. Also a smallish thing but I think spew-wise Vaimes->Citrus makes sense.

3) I don't see any of Citrus's reads & read progressions throughout the game as real/genuine or having any sort of actual backing, nor do I get the impression that he "believes" what he's presenting. Just from a standpoint of "Can I go into his ISO, follow where he's getting his reads from / how he's getting them and seeing what he's doing make sense with them" I...can't get there at all? For instance I think his read/response towards me today where he's just focusing on being "Mischaracterized" is ??????, I think there's things that objectively look bad re; my play this game, I don't really think he's looked/commented much on those at all. I don't really think he's interacted or conversed much with people re; their strong town reads on me. I just look at what he's doing, and I can't see what/why he's doing anything he's doing here if he's town. It just feels like "Scum that's annoyed their caught, feel like their caught for bad reasons and are playing on that".
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like trying to put myself in his PoV if he's town, and it's inevitable that the lynch is going to be in Fluff/Eido/him here I'm just left going ????????????????????? if he's town, like there's not enough passion/reasoning/drive re; him trying to get me lynched here, there's not really enough to try and resolve Eido, or enough to really try and hard defend Fluff his strongest town read. It's just...not really fitting with what I think town do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright I'm out. Small chance I still have access to this ~1-2 hours before EOD, but otherwise GLGL lynch Newbcomb.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Mmm, I agree with the "Mischaracterized" thing and his lack of drive.

Ok.

Vote: Citrus

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vote citrus
    Propel me to victory

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

7. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I keep going back and forth on my Citrus thoughts based on thread thoughts and like, idk. Sure. Inclined to follow Regfan anyways.
    Gut still thinks it's Eido > Citrus.
    Or if I'm being completely honest, I kind of hope it's Eido bc then all of my effort would feel a lot more worth it and I'd be so much less confused post-game about a lot of things.
    Still feel for Citrus, but probably a lot is NAI emotions stuff bc I relate to him and his general (at least, projected) frustration and feeling ignored and whatnot.

Vote: Citrus

A lot of my thoughts now have been flying around "who would I be less upset about losing to if they were scum" and idk, yikes. Feeling kind of not great overall.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I won't be around EoD again, will try to be here at least one more time before day ends.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I've got a lot of stuff going on today and won't have much time to spend in-thread. At this point I'm very confident I'm not winning this in general so I'm going to just concede here :)

Gg. I'm sorry @Vaimes!
    --- Post automerged ---
    (it was a 2 man scum team, so unless there's a neutral or something it's over)

9. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Oh thank god.
    --- Post automerged ---
    <3 Good game, thanks so much for putting me out of my misery, I was so terrified I'd end up in LyLo or something.

10. Newcomb

W H E W L A D S
    --- Post automerged ---
    I fucking knew Eido was a villager.

Newcomb soulread goat
    --- Post automerged ---
    This actually works out perfectly because my hydra game starts literally tonight.

11. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Umm is there a good place for post game discussions and stuff?

12. Newcomb

Gotta wait until Gemma officially ends the game, but here and/or the Little Italy Discord server.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *crosses fingers*

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeah no, I definitely wanted to kill cobalt lol. Which was incredibly ironic since he was foil and I was parian

14. Newcomb

What was the reasoning behind the Cobalt kill? Just like, WildCard.gif?

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Unvote, Vote:Newcomb

We can ML newcomb and still win

Can't pass that opportunity up
    --- Post automerged ---
    But also woooo I'm not absolutely garage.

<3 Lyric

You were amazing

16. Newcomb

Yeah Lyric you were great. GG
    --- Post automerged ---
    You can't actually, I have KP :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh wait nm forgot how that works. I guess technically you could.

17. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    <33333 Omg ahhh okay thanks for the kind words I'm SO happy rn, hearing that makes the stress of this game so worth it, I know I have a lot to improve on but I'm really glad I wasn't just a terrible player

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Noice.

I feel like neighborizer is a bit of an awkward role for wolves in this setup if there are other town PRs, because you can't really use it invisibly or anonymously?

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Definitely not a terrible player, would consider you one of the better players I've seen for your experience level and you'll only improve from here too.

I think we're likely PR-less, or only have a 1-shot doctor here, personally don't really think the 1-shot, 1 day phase neighbourizer affects the balance at all here really.

20. Newcomb