1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fics/authors that you think are overrated

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by lana, Jul 16, 2016.

Not open for further replies.
  1. lana

lana Disappeared

High Score:
    The Golden Age by Arsinoe de Blassenville and Rannaro's Snape Chronicles. It's like some fanfic authors don't understand that you don't need to villify the other characters just to make your favourite characters look better. The chapter where Arsinoe's little self-insert has a little get together with Snape and the Malfoys to wax lyrical about how terrible Harry and his friends are was just embarassing.

And the whitewashing. Ye gods, poor misunderstood Snape the Potions Master who never did anything but make potions for the Dark Lord. Vicious, malicious Marauders, shallow Lily Evans and well-intentioned Malfoys who "really just made a terrible mistake, oh dear us, we wouldn't have done it if we had known".

It's like they spent too much time looking at Alan Rickman and Jason Isaacs and forgot that Snape and the Malfoys were both petty, vindictive bullies who earned their Dark Marks and moved in social circles that thought it was funny to torture Muggles. God only knows what they thought Snape used Sectumsempra for, they probably believe he used it to dice vegetables or something. It wouldn't bother me if they thought they were writing AU fics or alternate character interpretations, but they seem to be under the impression that their fics are fully compatible with the books.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel like a thread dedicated to such a negative concept isn't really needed. I mean, I know we have threads like "Worst Summaries" and such, but this feels overly personal towards authors. Dunno.

3. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nearly every HP fic on ff.net on the first ten pages when you sort the stories by favourites.

4. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm not convinced this thread is a good idea. I don't really see a discussion on this going anywhere but circle-jerk territory, and that's not good for anyone.

Luckily, mods = nazis. Locked.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

[​IMG]

Not open for further replies.