1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've just started using XingQiu in my main team after giving him Childe's old NO set.

XingQiu is busted and I would very much love a Skyward Blade on him... but question, does the effect of the sword persist when you switch characters? If it doesn't... I'll probably prefer my Sac Sword...

Anyway, having a bit of a perusal of the new shop, if any of you intend to pull for Ayaka in the future, that Blackcliff Longsword is very likely to be her BiS unless they introduce a new weapon along with her - which they prob will, but how do you fancy your chances of getting both her AND her weapon?

I'm already dreading Xiao and having to pull that Jade-tipped spear too...

2. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I won't pull anything till they return Venti. I have everything I need so all I have to do is lvl the chars and talents up. Which would be easier if Boreas would actually drop a ring or 14... Haven't gotten one since the beginning and I have Klee and Mona waiting for them.

They can delete 11-2 from the game please. I managed to get 2 stars and could probably 3 star it, but at that point I can't do anything on 11-3 as my teams just become a patchwork of stopgap units and don't function at all when put on a timer. At least 12 was easy.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Pulled Jean on the Albedo banner, and I'm fine with that. I like Albedo b/c AoE but I wasn't invested in getting him - was mostly rolling for the gorgeous 4* constellation selection. Going to save up and hope Xingqui is on the next banner so I can finally get him and a constellation or two, then save up until a 5* I want turns up (possibly Xiao).

Random note though - reckon that as the game progresses we'll ever need to field three teams instead of two for Abyss? I'm still working on getting two strong teams but by this point I've got three potential carries and three healers, depending how I play/gear everyone.

I sort of want that but also sort of want it to be a year from now, hah.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Three teams just feels redundant at this point unless they add more mechanics to the game. I know we're gonna get Dendro units, but if we get one more unit type on top of that, and maybe some deeper mechanics within abyss other than killing these bullet sponges by bringing your rock to smash their scissors, then I might be interested in three teams.

Grats on Jean. I just pulled Qiqi myself which is really great for my Kaeya team. Pair him with Qiqi, Xinqiu and an empty slot to counter an element and that's a nice perma freeze high dps team on its own.

It's a little sat losing XingQiu for Keqing, but Keq doesn't really need anyone to shred enemies, honestly.

I have two solid teams actually in the making that don't include Keqing and Diluc, which is nice - the permafreeze team and a Childe, Beidou (built ER) and Fischl electro shock mayhem (bennet heals).

5. Ched

I've been running more or less these:
    1. Razor, Qiqi, Fischl/Xiangling, Flex
    2. Ningguang, Zhongli, Bennett, Fischl/Xiangling
    And I'm getting to the point where I am wanting to use Sucrose (and now maybe Jean) to help with all the shields and shit on Floor 9+. Only water I have is Barb and... meh. Currently farming artifact sets before I take another stab at Floor 10 - I'll reorganize teams then. But Razor and Qiqi work together so damn well I expect that won't change.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    50 primo code:

Cuupmbjsvd

7. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ganyu was way too cute. Couldn't resist and pulled her. But that's what these gacha games should be about, I think - if you feel like you want to pull a character, then you pull. I wasn't really feeling it with Klee, Childe and Zhongli, but with Ganyu, I knew I just had to.

Problem is when I know I also want the next two characters, haha.

Now, to decide whether the weapon banner is worth the risk... and hope that Ganyu turns out super strong, since I couldn't bear to wait a few days to confirm that before pulling.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    All reports say she gets really insane at C4, but that she's a middle of the road carry / cryo support below that.

Also, you have to be able to aim. -_-

9. Ched

I am gonna try to get Xingqiu. Wish me luck that I don't pull Ganyu (really don't want to waste a 5* pull on her - but I'm 90 away from pity so decent chance of getting what I want then going back to saving).

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Another code:

153YuSaenh

Jon
  11. Ched

FUCK ME.

Pulls:
    Jean (~2 weeks ago)
    Blue weapon
    Blue weapon
    Blue weapon
    Ganyu

... I'm surprised how upset I am! I'll survive.

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    A Jean dupe is worth breaking pity. Her C1/C2 are amazing. And it puts you one step closer to C4 aka God of Anemo.

Ganyu seems okay from the trial. Basically continuous non stop burst. But that's with C1 enabled sooo yeah. They really need to let us choose our constellation level in trial.

Let me know if she can do that nonstop burst at C0 and I might roll.

13. Ched

I dont have a Jean dupe. I pulled her on Albedos banner two weeks ago then started saving up.

I only play on mobile so testing an Archer is... Interesting.

Edit- yeah I'm lucky on her and shouldn't complain! GL everyone!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  14. Gengar

High Score:
    Aiming as an archer is horrible on PC. It seems like you can't adjust both horizontal and vertical sensitivity (unless I missed it somewhere), makes pure archers unplayable for me.

15. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    S-so, I just put 110 pulls into the weapon banner until I got Amos.

I...

I've been saving my primos since Venti. And now I blew them all in two days, just for a waifu I haven't even played for an hour.

Fuck. Lesson learned: I have no self control once I have a little taste. Give the devil your finger, and it takes your entire hand...

RIP Xiao and Hu Tao, I guess.

16. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Pulled ganyu last night, does about 20k damage per charged shot by herself at lvl80 and rank 8 normal attack, can pretty easily get her into the 30k+ range with bennet on the field. Can also do a perma frozen team, but she's kind of wasted on that since she very easily hits 100% crit rate with just the ice artifact set and a decent bow. Her E recharge is 8 seconds, it really doesn't need the constellation to add a charge to it, and her Q recharges itself almost instantly once you use it.

https://imgur.com/a/F1m9K8m

Is what I'm working with. Still need a not garbage feather higher than +4, and need to swap out some crit substat pieces for more crit damage and or elemental mastery.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  17. Ched

What do y'all about Ganyu vs Kaeya for a Cryo applicator paired with Razor for superconduct?

I'd just leveled Kaeya up a bit before pulling Ganyu, but I'm liking her flower taunt skill that explodes. Kaeya's burst is damn hard to beat but his skill isn't as useful as that.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Ganyu has the extra application on her charged shot. Other than that, seems like their kits have basically the same application rate, with Kaeya getting a few more applications on focused targets, and ganyu getting more applications on targets that are spread out.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I read on Keqmains that she applies Cryo every 3 seconds roughly but over a really long duration with her Q, that makes her pretty ideal for SC teams (like yours) while Kaeya is better for other cryo comps, applying it roughly twice as often.

That being said, if you have Diona she can do pretty much the same thing and fills a healer spot.

I'm reading Ganyu's a better carry than support, but if you don't have a powerful bow, just use her in your Razor comp and give her Noblesse Oblige.

20. Ched

I've been using Qiqi to heal as Cryo, and honestly Diona seems like a Jack of All Trades that fits in not as many places with the team comps I've been using. Qiqi is a better healer, Ganyu is a better archer, Kaeya is a better applicator, and Chongyun is more fun for pure "put Cryo all over" plus he has a better weapon than I have available for Diona.

I'm on Floor 11-2 and my teams aren't really 'set' anymore. It's more like I have a bunch of useful characters that get reorganized depending on what I'm up to.

Qiqi overheals like a bitch and doesn't do much else - I will keep using her in coop but debating rearranging some teams to apply Cryo with someone else and dropping Jean into that team to heal.

Having shit tons of fun with this damn game. Gotta try to finish up Abyss next week though, I think I have teams capable of it. Just gotta do it.

Can't decide if I'm gonna be as into Xiao as I want to be - Anemo / Wind is always my favorite element, but his kit looks like one I need to try before wishing for me.