1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Umbrella Conspiracy by Kouhiofdoragons - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by iceking1600, Nov 7, 2006.

1. iceking1600

iceking1600 Squib

Title: The Umbrella Conspiracy
    Author: Kouhiofdoragons
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Horror
    Pairing: Harry/Jill
    Summary: After defeating Voldemort, Harry is offered a way out of the unwanted fame. In a world where Neville Longbottom is the Boy-Who-Lived, Voldemort focuses his forces in Europe; Harry arrives in Raccoon City America, under the name of James Evan Black; in honor of his late parents and godfather. Here, Harry is selected to join the S.T.A.R.S. by Captain Albert Wesker himself. Now, Harry finds himself trapped within a world that even Voldemort fears….

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2909432/1/

You dont see alot of Harry Potter resident evil crossovers out there, and the ones you do see are very wierd if not completely stupid. I think this is kind of good not the best but good enough for me. i give it 3.5/5

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  2. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Just a quick question before I give it a try. Would one have to know about Resident evil to understand the story. Or is it understandable by all?

3. iceking1600

iceking1600 Squib

Ummm I dont really know. It starts before the first game, but its also a mesh of the games and the movies.

4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

It would be better if you linked to the first chapter...I ruined the story by starting at the sixth.

Anyways...

Can you say fangirl?

Granted, it does get better in later chapters, but it's not anything that going to make you swoon.

2.5/5

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  5. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I kinda like it. The action promises to be pretty good, and the author writes well, so it's all the more enjoyable to me.

4/5

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Resident Evil, hmm? That fandom used to have some pretty sweet stories, years back.

I'ma read this and give an opinion at a later time.

7. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

if you can get past some of the fangirlness and the rubbish in the early chapters than it is pretty good. i only wish we saw some of his training at the RPD, would of made it more interesting. 4/5

8. iceking1600

iceking1600 Squib

Sorry I wasn't paying attention to what chapter I was on when I copy,pasted the link.

9. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Way too drawn out. Over-dramatized description for every minor detail, Harry is pretty stupid and creepy, and acts like he's Moody or something. 3/5 for decent writing style, but the lack of magic, and Harry's bad characterization makes me want to quit reading.

10. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

This is a poorly written fantasy that isn't worth the time spent reading.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Urgh... I dont like it, it seems too shallow for me. 1.5/5

12. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Interesting once you get past the first few chapters. I get the feeling magic is going to play a big part later. He's already using transfiguration and charms on his stuff. 4/5.

13. Quill Runner

Quill Runner First Year

Yeah, the story's not bad and it's got some potential. 3/5.

There's some cheesy elements, like the moody/creepy Harry stuff. Also, Harry's got no less than four eye colours: red, green, gold, and amber; not to mention various combinations. That and the precognition/sixth sense business makes me want to roll my eyes.

I'm not really sure why the author felt the need to send Harry to an alternate universe. It doesn't trouble me. It just seemed rather irrelevant.

So often in crossovers, the antagonists prove to pose little opposition. The author's going to have a tricky time creating believable conflict for a powerful, experienced magical and muggle trained soldier. Either Harry's going to have to act like an idiot and forget that he can apparate, or the author's going to have to scale back Harry's magical prowess somewhat.

Personally, I'd rather see a more muggle Harry rather than an idiot Harry.

QR