1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Arrested Development is now on DVD

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Harpy Prince, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

I will never understand why FOX lets go of A material programs and puts in crap ass shows like "War at home". I almost stopped watching Malcolm In the Middle because of the schedule change. Now that Arrested Development is no longer there I only go for Malcolm and The Simpsons but the latter is starting to tire me, after like 16 seasons or something it's getting really boring.

"Oh no! Dad'll be crushed!" Little did they know that Job had actually hid his father under the house.

2. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I don't know why this topic isn't lit up like a Christmas tree.

This was one of the funniest shows EVER (yes, ever.)

Honestly, it is a travesty that it was cancelled while shit like "The War at Home" somehow thrives.

Anyone who didn't watch, SHAME. Now go out and buy the DVD. Its the least you can do.

;) :D :D :D ;)

3. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

quick a knee slapper that one. personal favorite episode... sad sac. and fox cancelled it because 50% of america is so fucking stupid they cant understand 90% of the jokes on the show. did you know that 50% of all stats are made up on the spot.

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Sure this was a funny show, that barely anyone ever watched. With FOX, they wait until they hire someone new and then give him the job of canceling the show. With NBC, they'll give things like Scrubs (decent show) or Just Shoot Me (not just the title but the viewer response) a few years to see if it gains a bigger audience.

And where've you all been? Season 1 and 2 of this show been out a while now. I saw the 4 episode finale they put on opposite the Olympics opening ceremony, but haven't seen any other season 3 episodes.

For what it's worth, Showtime offered them the chance to do another I think ten episode season (no bleeps I'd hope) and the creator/writer turned it down. Just didn't have the ideas/plans etc... after they'd sort of forcefully quickly wrapped up everything with the finale. So yes, FOX is stupid for canceling a good show that wasn't making them money. They don't seem as forgiving on the stuff marketed towards the primary demographic, because they can so easily make something else for that demographic. Crap like The War At Home gets the old folks and some of the kids too. Sadly that's also why Malcolm in the Middle has lasted for so long even though it's gotten pretty tired. Your shows like The Loop or Free Ride won't have a chance unless they get hugely popular. But they'll get repackaged and tried again I'm sure.

And if I had to pick a favorite episode, "MotherBoy" is pretty dern near the top for me. I mean Fonzie jumps the shark in that one for gawd's sake. And then makes me want to eat Burger King.

5. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I watched EVERY episode of Season 1, 2, and 3. (1 I watched on DVD after a friend recommended it.)

I actually got to meet creator Mitch HUrwitz and Jim Vallely

Pretty cool. They said they weren't going to showtime though. They thought the show had its chance, and it was time to move on.

6. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

I honestly think this show can't be topped. What's sad nowadays is if it's not in your face perverted funny like the Scary Movie series then the masses won't like it.