1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter & The Girl Who Lived by Silveraegis - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ixazncha0six, Apr 1, 2006.

1. ixazncha0six

ixazncha0six Raptured to Hell

Title: Harry Potter & The Girl Who Lived
    Author: Silveraegis
    Rating: M
    Pairings: Might end up Harry/Lily(female version of Harry)
    DLP-Category: The Alternates
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 54,288
    Updated: Sometimes in 2007 (plus AN: Sep 27, 2015)
    Published: Mar 4, 2006

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2828761/1/

Summary:post HBP Nonslash. Sent to an Universe where he meets Lily, his female 14 year old alternate self, Harry is left having to start his life over & helping Lily get through the TriWizard Tournament without breaking down.

This is a decent fanfiction and its pretty original. I reccomend you to read this but I think he has all his story on hold right now.

SilverAegis published a oneshot basically summarising how the story should have been going:

Title: Harry Potter & the Girl Who Lived Ver 2
    Rating: M
    Pairing: none
    Words: 7,138
    Published: Sep 25, 2015
    Summary:
    Post HBP. When Harry wakes up & finds himself in a world where there is a female version of him running around, he immediately begins the steps to prevent his horrific future from happening with hers. No Slash/One-Shot.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11525673/1/Harry-Potter-the-Girl-Who-Lived-Ver-2

Checked by Minion, February 16, 2016
    I added the oneshot.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I read this not too long ago. It was.....ok I guess. The whole Harry/Lily thing was just creepy though. It wasn't nearly as good as the author's other work.

3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I'll give it a whirl... fix the link though.

EDIT: this was... questionable. Plot line is somewhat decent, but barely so. In fact, it's riddled with cliches. Grammer is not acceptable, spelling mistakes run rampant... this might do better in the 'barely readable' thread in Fanfiction Discussion.

4. ixazncha0six

I fixed it.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Got really bad in the third chapter, couldnt read all of the fourth. Went from alright to plain shit.

6. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

Definetly not the author's best work, though the concept is somewhat original. I don't mind the whole Lily/Harry thing since its no more creepy then LP/HP. Its ok, but it seems like there is no real effort behind it, like the author is just writing the story without caring about it at all.

7. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I'm following it, but it's definitely not the author's best work.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

This story while meeting the 'norm' for fanfiction left me disappointed. It is far from the authors best work (as several others have already mentioned), and it isn't particularly well written either. Idea wise, it was interesting... But stylistically/original idea wise it was a vast disappointment.

My major issue with the fic is that it seems/feels rushed. It's like the author is half-assing it, and if we compare it to his other fics, that may very well be true.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I agree with Gio, the writing of this story is way too rushed...just like his other stories. If he would slow it down, concentrate on one story, and get a beta, his other story could be pretty good.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I stopped reading Silveraegis' stories, coz this guy apparently has some sick sort of fascination with Lilly, that honestly gives me the creeps.

11. ixazncha0six

Yeah, in Harry Potter and his new life I would have thought it would be H/Lily if he did not say it was H/Yuna or H/G.

12. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

H/L

I know that they arent related in this but since they are the same person just different versions of each other...what does that make this?

13. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

I'm thinking slash, but it isn't the same gender.

I believe Aegis was having some trouble with his beta, Correct me if I'm wrong. It also looks like he used a standard spell-checker on this, it leaves slight traces if one is looking (grammer not looking on pare, wording errors, ect). I hope Aegis improves, his ideas are normally pretty well written.

14. DarkTosser

DarkTosser Squib

Re: H/L

True, it's weird, imagine the scene:

Draco: "Go F*** yourself Potter!"
    Harry: "Ok! Come on Lily, let's go to our room..."
    :O_O:

15. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

This is a varient of an age old dilemma: If a person were to clone themself, and then have sex with their clone; would it really be sex, or just an incredibly elaborate wank?

16. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It's just incestuous masturbation.

And also, the real reason the time turner was invented. Too many wizards magicked out ribs trying to reach, and the ribs weren't growing back.

As for this fic, haven't read it. Doubt I will. SilverAegis's writing while full of semi-cliched but still interesting ideas, just frustrates and pisses me off. Sort of like a really good slashfic. I'm better off not even reading it.

17. Regress

Regress Guest

Yeah I ran into it while it was still in the first few chapters, I had forgotten about it since. It was decent back then, but it's gone downhill a bit since then. The guy really needs a decent beta.

18. Shreve

Shreve Guest

thought

Great, I'm going to be thinking about that all day long now.

:puke:

19. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

Harry should have just killed Snape, his alternate self, Dumbledore, Voldemort in Little Hangleton and everyone else who gets in the way. He is super powerful right? And that Phoenix animagus shit makes me give up on any fic that has it.

20. sephiroththebrokenangel

sephiroththebrokenangel Fourth Year

Phoenix

For me its not the phoenix animagus that bothers me its the fact that hes almost always a phoenix when he has an animagus form instead of something original and they dont just leave it there, they almost always add on 15 other superpowers and make him the heir of merlin and the founders or some shit like that

it wouldnt be so bad if they just made him a phoenix animagus and didnt give him any other superpowers just his regular magic

Although I do have to say the best animagus form ive seen seen was in Thor Nairdas "Demon Within", that one was cool because they made his form into a bloodthirsty killing machine