1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nuit, May 10, 2012.

1. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

I've been playing incursion. First rolled a lightning strike raider, then started a brightbeak ele hit jugg (with elemental overload and equilibrium).

The Jugg is a pain to level and melee elemental hit feels like shit, though. LS is alright but it sucks for incrusions.

I'm not always playing, though. Skipped bestiary for example.

2. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Hmm. The league's okay, but not great. I've died to a few utter bullshit situations. Twice to Vilenta, with 3.6k and 4k hp respectively. That kinda shit really makes me wanna not play anymore. Been trying a few builds that haven't worked out very well, which hasn't helped a lot, either. I'm probably on my last character for this league now.

3. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Man, I'm not sure I've ever been over 3k HP when I hit Vilenta and she can't scratch me. Are you willfully not getting resists or something? :D

Obviously joking, this game is great for a few completely unavoidable, unexplainable deaths. I don't have the time or desire to ever touch hardcore in this for that reason.

Right now I'm levelling a guy that is going to prove Viper Strike is viable at endgame. This is going to be daunting.

4. Triliro

Triliro Second Year

High Score:
    How you gonna clear with that? Ancestral?

5. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Haven't played since the end of Abyss, just been too busy.

Incursion seems to be interesting at least.

Assuming Multistrike, Melee Splash, Ancestral Call, pretty much the basic melee clear set.

I think I remember seeing that they recently made some changes to poison that actually makes it somewhat viable.

6. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

On the 3.6k dude I had it coming cos I think I only had 65% fire resists. On the 4k hp witch, I had maxed resists and decent amounts of armour, too. Died to her spray attack while I was standing still with my scorching ray. That's my main issue with PoE. When I mess up an die, that's fine. When the game arbitrarily decides it's time for me to go visit the beach again, that I'm not okay with.

As for clearing with Viper strike, just get abbysal call and a splash damage gem. That's usually more than enough to clear.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  7. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Still my favorite game to come back to.

I died on my Blade Vortex Char(killed myself in reflect map because I was too tired to check)
    I gave up on my Arc Totem build because I fucked up my passive tree and high level incursions were basically one shotting my totems.
    Remade my Blade Vortex Char but ended up abandoning him and moving out of SSF for the first time since it's debut

Started up a Sunder Gladiator, and it was going very very well. Ended up getting blasted by a group of chaos infested assholes in an incursions, and in order to get out of their path, I walked passed a door with another group of them and got rekt.

Started up a Jugg and ended up trying to face tank innocence in Act 5.... Got one shotted by the ball of death... Lesson learned. No matter how OP your leveling char is, don't take the ball of death to your face.

Might take a bit of a breather, but I'm sure I'll be back before the league's over. One thing I don't like is that incursion/temple mobs are harder than the same mobs in the zones you finished to open them.. that always feels off to me.

This is the only game I still come back to every three months. I did skip Bestiary league, but I came back for the 1 month flashback league before incursion.

Vilenta almost got me during the flashback league... She does this missile attack with quick bursts of damage. Once you recognize the action she makes before she starts doing it, it's easier to avoid.

8. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

My favorite league in a long, long time. I've hit 93 and 92 respectively on hc, one as a wander decked out in stupidly good gear, giving real thought for a push to 95+, the other an explosive arrow elementalist. Mobs finally hit hard again, incursions are incredibly rewarding, the atlas feels good again, absolutely love the majority of balance changes that went through. I'm a big fan overall.

That said, I hate that they removed bestiary completely from the game, I liked it a lot :(

9. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

Anyone playing on Delve? Seems interesting, reminds me of races like endless ledge and descent champions.

I'm still leveling though. A meme build no less, not sure if it will work out.

10. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

I'm level 86 in it at the moment, playing caustic arrow. I like the league; I don't like the build I've chosen, so I'm saving up some money to reroll cospris discharger, which I think will be excellent in delves.

11. Johnnyseattle

I started with the new smite summoner, and it's.... alright. I really never have liked pet-based builds, so I probably should have remembered that before level 80, but yeah. Going to throw an arc totem guy together as a farmer, then I think I'll try out that Consecrated Path thingie they made. Apparently it's like flicker, but less epileptic. Sounds fun. If I'm still going after that, I'll probably try smite as its own stand-alone skill - perhaps go hipster and try it with assassin or something.

Delve mechanics are a bit weird, but I'm acutally enjoying it more than I thought I would. Which is nice, because we needed something else to break up the mapping monotony a bit.

12. Johnnyseattle

So with the patch yesterday, delving on a low-level ridiculously easy. Any new toon you make now has the full access to whatever delve power-ups your high-level guys have already bought with Azurite - so at level 21 I went in with a full (330) load, and spent a good few hours just tromping through the darkness picking up resonators. Full darkness resist, full flare radius with upgraded time... holy shit. If you can survive the hits from whatever is in there, you can spend a good 10-15 seconds without even popping a flare before the darkness debuff really starts taking a toll. If you haven't watched ZiggyD's video on it, it's pretty great.

13. Johnnyseattle

Betrayal League, 7 December.

Totally revamped master missions, skill re-works, huge crafting re-work by the look of it, Incursion/Bestiary/Delve content at the same time... I'm fucking hyped.

14. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

15. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Wasn't a big fan of Delve in hardcore.... Everything just seemed really risky. Will be playing some Betrayal though to see how it goes.

16. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've wanted to play Arc for... like four years. Now's the time, I suppose. Haven't played in over a year, so many changes...

I've been googling the entire day the differences between Arc traps, mines, totems and self cast. Traps, mines and totems are all apparently really good, while self cast is a joke (while still pretty good because Arc is opieop). I do like my Shadows, and I tried a totem build once and fucking hated it, so I suppose traps or mines it is. I ran through a few zones on my old legacy Shadow that got a free respec with 3l traps and mines, and I slightly preferred traps (shame I couldn't test actual endgame mapping experience), so I guess traps, despite mines apparently being slightly more powerful but clunkier?

Now to find a good forum guide I can mindlessly follow since PoE is kinda complex and I hate using my brain or exercising my free will. Too bad traps have a bunch of conflicting, mediocre guides, while mines seem to have pretty good ones...

Definitely excited for Betrayal, especially after all the Diablo 3 garbage recently. Next season next year? Incompetents.

17. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Honestly mines are both less clunky and do more damage, auto target etc.

18. Johnnyseattle

I'm pissed they still left self-cast in the dust - Arc has always been my favorite skill, even before the buffs to it and Inpulsa's. I'd do traps if I had to choose between all the non-self-cast options for a league starter, although later in the league I'd definitely try the Poet's Pen version. That shit is ridiculous, even without the high-end gear that just got nerfed into the ground.

19. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Don't you have to press two buttons with mines, while trap is only one? Even if traps have a throwing time and arming time, it still felt smoother to play than laying mines and pressing D.

20. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Self cast is being buffed next league, right in time for arc to be dumpstered.

I don't really find pushing two buttons all that hard I suppose?