1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic post-Hogwarts stories focussing on rebuilding the Ministry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Download, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rebuilding governments is hard. I was wondering if anyone has taken a decent crack at covering the topic.

The closest thing I remember to it is "Aurors and Schoolgirls" which was about Harry becoming an auror while Ginny finishes her last year of Hogwarts. Even that glossed over it though.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

There's that Daphne story, but I can't remember if Harry is involved with the Ministry at all. I mostly remember it as "Harry rebuilds lots of things in Britain after the war" moreso than the Ministry. I think Daphne is a lawyer and Draco gets involved and they're in Diagon Alley a lot?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13022013/1/Novocaine

I remember it being decent, but might not be what you want.

3. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I just can't see Harry being personally involved with it. Even if they handed him an office, it's just not the kind of problem he normally has to address himself. You might be looking for a story from Shacklebolt's perspective.

4. Download

High Score:
    Something about that story ticked me off that I dropped it. Not sure what exactly as it has been a while.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Probably that there isn't any conflict at all. It's 200,000 plus words of just Harry and his coalition steamrolling society

6. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
  7. jitenshasan

jitenshasan Second Year

I fact I don't see any of the children of Harry cohort being mature enough to actually run a governement. They were good children guerilla fighters, but have never learnt to actually think beyond black and white. The most realistic result for me is https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3682339/1/The-Golden-Age
    Not to everybody's taste since it could be seen as Harry/Hermione-bashing. But I felt it fit to canon characters very well : Harry is a pretty dumb kid with no undestanding of human nature, who think people he likes (are on his side) are good and people he doesn't are horrible. Hermione feels that she knows better than everybody and that, as long as it's her doing it, the end justifies the means.

There was a fic on FF with Percy Weasley becoming minister (running against his own father) (after doing penance by going to azkaban and giving a burying to the muggleborns that died there on Luna's request, among other things) and having Harry and co as a sort of... think tank to bounce off ideas. There was also a part about Marcus Flint caring for war orphans (all kids of death eaters) that nobody wants and giving his vote to Percy because he's the only one that actually promises he will try to get some help. I can't find it anymore, but I remember I found it good at the time.

8. Download

High Score:
    That fic is a trainwreck, to put it as politely as I possibly can.

9. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    Yeah … sorry not sorry, it’s a holdover before I was more discerning and I like to skim through it now and again when I reread it.