1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Problem Subreddit /r/DarkLordPotter

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by SilverOtter, Dec 20, 2016.

1. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Does this subreddit belong to DLP? Or is it just being held by some squatter?

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's a squatter, yeah. u/macsenwledig took it over through trickery and deceit.. for some reason. I mean, he's clearly mad at DLP in general and devotes quite a bit of time to bitterly holding onto wrong opinions on r/hpfanfiction. Don't think he's ever been a member here, though. Otherwise he might've realised we don't actually need a subreddit.

Also, because it's hilarious: you've Taure to thank for this little nugget.

3. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

A reddit user named MacsenWledig, who frequents /r/HPFanfiction most commonly, requested that ownership of /r/DLP be transferred to him ten months ago and /r/DarkLordPotter six months ago respectively.

I don't personally know who he is, but I'm told he has a strong dislike for the community of DLP and in particular our member Taure, who participates quite a lot on that subreddit, so it appears that he seized control of our reserved DLP subreddits out of spite.

That MacsenWledig hasn't done anything with either subreddit after gaining ownership seems to confirm it - I don't know when /r/darklordpotter was made private, but two months ago it wasn't and there weren't any posts in it then either.

Frankly, it's not an issue for us because we haven't felt the need to bring a DLP presence to reddit - but it is rather mystifying and petty that MacsenWledig felt the need to control two subreddits to a community he doesn't like, isn't it?