1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

SPOILER ALERT: Premise of season 5 of The 100.

The world-destructive wave of fiery radiation known as Praimfaya had come once more. For five years, our heroes had survived in an underground bunker, with a smaller group of survivors safely aboard the remnants of the space station The Ark. The grounder clans had finally united into Wonkru, one clan for all of the remaining survivors of earth, under the lead of the young, brash young commander Octavia Blake.

The only ones who had lived her last five years on the surface of the Earth were Clarke Griffin, engineered into a nightblood to survive the radiation, and a young natural-born nightblood named Madi. Their newfound family unit was disrupted by a foreign space transport landing in the only patch of habitable Earth known as Eden.

The transport was a prison that had been overrun by escaped prisoners, led by General Diyoza, a woman whose war crimes left her a legend amongst the criminals.

As Wonkru emerges from the bunker, and our remaining heroes reach the ground from space once more, they are reunited with Clarke and Madi, and must battle the prisoners for the only remaining slice of nature the Earth has left to offer.

Blood will be shed.

———————

RULES:​

1. This is a closed setup, where player alignment and role will be revealed upon death. There will be no direct cops, no third parties, and no directly contradictory / semi-bastard role combinations a la cop/godfather.

2. You may trust all information the moderator gives you. There will be zero bastard modding or false information.

3. Day One and Day Two will last 4 days (96 hours), and subsequent days will last 3 days (72 hours). Nights will be 24 hours long.

4. Do not lie about real-life commitments. Similarly, do not question the validity of other players’ real-life commitments. If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, inform the game host and I will do my best to replace you.

5. Mafia is a game about making arguments, but it is not a roleplaying game. Don’t go overboard. Lies are part of the game. Attacking someone’s credibility is part of the game. Do not overdo it. Everyone signed up to have fun, so keep the game fun. Reminder: This is only a subsection of the forum, and the forum's posting rules (particularly Rule 1 concerning proper English and legibility) apply. If you want people to put the effort into reading your posts, put the effort into making them readable.

6. Mafia is a game of analysis - removing a player’s ability to analyze things is against the spirit of the game. Keep references that only a handful of players would understand to a minimum. Encoded messages, hidden text, and other such methods are a no-no. Everything you have to say or not say should be clearly readable in your post by anyone.

7. Respect your fellow players, and their time. Don't be a jerk. Do not threaten to or actually get intentionally modkilled. Do not directly insult your fellow players - attack their play, but not them as a person. Mafia is a social game, and you are playing with real people, not just names on a screen. Respect other players' right to a good game. Give the game your best effort, no matter which team you're on. Mafia games require a time investment, and if you sign up, you're committing to spending that time and doing your part to contribute to a good game.

8. Do not edit your posts. Do not edit any QuickTopics you may be posting in. Do not quote information directly from your QuickTopic or your PM. Only living players may post in the game thread. Do not post in the game thread during the Night phase.

9. You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so. This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game-related. Any game-related questions should be asked in your personal QuickTopic.

10. Do not use out-of-game information (such as Skype, other forum activity, other mafia activity, or real-life activity) to generate reads. Do not use out-of-game information to exert pressure or influence on this game. Do not mention out of game information in the context of explaining or speculating on a player’s alignment in this game.

11. Votes must be BRIGHTLY COLORED, bolded, and on a separate line. Any votes not following this format will not be counted. You will be rewarded with frequent and (probably) accurate vote counts.

12. This game uses a Hard Lynch / Soft Lynch system. Soft Lynch is a majority lynch. Hard Lynch is approximately 75% of the living votes. A Soft Lynch is sufficient to lynch a player at deadline. A Hard Lynch immediately ends the day. If Soft Lynch is not reached before deadline, there is No Lynch. If the votes are tied at deadline, there is No Lynch. When a Hard Lynch is reached, or the deadline occurs, whichever comes first, stop posting.

13. Mass claiming early in the game will not benefit town. You should probably avoid doing that. Flavor has not been included in QTs / role PMs and as such will not be revealed until death.

14. Do not fake Daytime activations. There may or may not be daytime abilities, but faking them will get you a Stern Warning or possibly modkilled.

15. Moderator decisions are final.

16. Good luck, and have fun! This is not optional.

———————-

A few brief announcements:

Scum have been able to communicate since receiving their QTs yesterday. The scum QT and observer QT have both become separate discord servers.

Roled QTs would be titled as The 100 Mafia - Cop (there is no cop, this is an example.)

Vanilla QTs would be titled as The 100 Mafia - Player Name. This is announced to preemptively counter any meta gaming regarding QuickTopics.

——————-

Livelist:

Beruru
    Citrus
    Eidolonic
    fenwicked
    fontisian
    Gemma
    Jan
    KaiDASH
    M Plus 7
    Miner
    Nego
    Newcomb
    Nothing Happens
    Regfan
    Stanari
    tsaiah
    Vaimes ​

———————————

Day One now begins, slightly early! You may post!

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

First!!!!!

Vote M Plus 7

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Second! In the player list I mean

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Can I convince you to vote in gold instead?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Nothing Happens

I don't think we've actually played, other than Anni?

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh and uhhh

Day One will end on Wednesday, 7/11 at 1 AM EST (so technically Tuesday night.)

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sorry, I’ve become emotionally attached to yellow for DLP votes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, this is already agonizingly slow. How do I adjust.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    We can discuss Citrus's one post at length if you'd like!

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

He didn’t RVS and is a lock scumread.

You?

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Vote: Vaimes

Not voting lock scum read, Vaimes is scum. Probably with Citrus!

Also, hi. It has been a while.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi Eido. Hope all is well/better.

I’m not pressuring Citrus so he won’t suspect I’m on to him.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Hmm.

Flawless logic.

I hear you've been doing shit like winning as a wolf lately. What's up with that?

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I won one game and flubbed the rest.

I fully believe the win was because Jan consistently kept my morale up. Gemma did too, and we almost won.

Newcomb and Zenzao didn’t, and we crashed and burned.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I just got home!

Only phoneposting until i fall asleep.

Getting the usual d1 vote out if the way.

Vote Gemma

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I've been trying to think of a sufficiently amusing response for several minutes but I give up.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi Jan!

I was just saying some super nice things about you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I win this round. You must sheep me.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You did well in our game.

Me jumping in front of you with my big wolfhat and calling you toptown whenever someone was questioning you was weirdly effective distraction.

That being said.
    Vaimes toptown.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'll think about it.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jan top town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Go wild.

I will protect you.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I had this weird plan to not be a human snark-show this game but then i realized that people will likely lynch me for it.

What do?

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Jan top.
    Town?

Me being top has nothing to do with my alignment, friend.

I can be top person now and will be toptown soon.