1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 10

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Hi Ampharos!!!! While you may have posted this a few hours ago, I had that read first, fight me!!!

Also I realize I'm starting to do it again, so am going to finish catching up and then post!!

2. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Okay, I am caught up and I have very few thoughts; guess that shouldn't be that surprising as half the game hasn't checked in yet/still technically SoD!! Anyways, where I'm at:

Cobalt: still feel decently comfy with their entrance, lots of hype!!!!!! I don't really think him quoting straight from a different game is that suspicious? I tend to very very very lowkey give a town point to people who do that actually for various reasons, but it's minor enough that I don't usually mention it!!!

Ampharos is interesting; I'm lowkey trying to hold off on making much of a read there, but I can't help but lowkey like their semi-mindmeld... I also thought the explanation behind the Cobalt stuff felt like it made decent sense, felt like she was drawing out a thought process which actually existed while the previous vote/unvote happened!! Also, nutella was mafia in anni, though I understand if that doesn't count for you!!! :p

nutella: Not much besides the opening!!

fontisian: didn't really have much thoughts on, for which 69 was perhaps the first post where I may have started seeing brain shine through their skull... it just felt like they were talking about feeling what I was when trying to bounce posts around here to make reads at SoD? Sure, it could have been mafia trying to force content, but I liked the way they were going around with Amy, felt solid!!!!

Posts from Waco Kid, grapefruit, and others have been seen; the ones not named are those that only briefly checked in!!!

Still interested in those who have/don't have experience in this setup, though I suppose it's getting to be pretty obvious!!!!! :p

3. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Pulling this out though, because why do you think he'd be annoyed?

4. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

I've retyped this a few times, not really sure how to put it; it's more... from your perspective, how would you try to differentiate from someone being annoyed as town versus them maybe being annoyed at randing mafia?

Also I don't really know nutella that well, just seen them around, but what Amy said I guess; also don't recall them leaking annoyance in the thread much when we were w/w in anni, but doesn't really count!!

5. Lissa2

Lissa2 Muggle

Hi friends.

Hyped to play this setup.

I'm currently ranging from borderline to actually nocturnal. Sleeping at night is overrated.

Why is this notable to you? Seems... pretty straightforward?

6. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Sup Lissa, cute kitten!!!!

I edited your quote by the way, more accurate now!!

So here's the thing: Cobalt literally wanted himself to have the Lump (Lumped?), and was furthermore doing practically nothing but calling for the Lump in TinyHunt 9, so... I don't know why he'd be annoyed at being Lumped? Though in retrospect, thinking about it now I realize that perhaps a game nearly two years old isn't exactly fresh for most people!!! :p

I think this entire thing probably isn't particularly alignment-indicative, anyway!!

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I didn't really get much of an alignment reading on either of them from it, but feel like it's a soft w=/=w read for me.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

>:|

Lump me, I'll take a free clear.

9. nutella

nutella Muggle

To clarify, it's not just about the content itself of him asking about the setup, but how it is formatted in the post. Mac would say that saying hi with both an exclamation point and an emoji is already a scummy first post, but is made even worse by the more on-topic question being tagged on. The idea is that townies are more comfortable just throwing in a greeting while scum are more likely to feel pressured to awkwardly force in some on-topic starter sentence in their first post. To me it felt uncomfortable.

10. Lissa2

Lissa2 Muggle

I was thinking it'd be more annoyance at having his plan ignored than at being lumped.

Also haven't read tinyhunt 9.

But makes more sense in that context I guess.

Though also like... yeah, I'm surprised you'd be one to think a two year old game would be fresh either.

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I'm town and it should be pretty obvious this game. I... skimmed the game, though a good half or so of it was when i was trying to distract myself from not being able to go to sleep during the wee hours of the morning because I'm sick, so the only big takeaway I have is that I wholly agree on Amy being a villager here, just from feel/comfort of her initial posts. I think she could do it as town, but consistently maintaining that feel in this crowd would be a challenge.

I have no clue what to make of Ara reading the last TH.

I want fonti to be town. This might be the time.

12. Lissa2

Lissa2 Muggle

I've never played any Hunt setup, Ara.

Standard meta/lump as a secondary yeet strat makes sense.

Nutella moodwise seems... normal? I... meh.

Ara doing a full read of another game on page 1 to make a meta read is prooobably villagery? I'm a little tinfoil weirded out by her writing out and posting a whole other set of reads for it. On some level it feels a little "struggling to make reads on current game and being able to flip more easily into making reads on a game where she isn't wolfing" but it's pretty thin/stretchy. There's an argument the other way around that it indicates her being in town-mode. I think I've probably spent way too many words on this and kind of circled around to that particular facet not being much of anything, but whatever.

Feel better Cuth.

13. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Cuth being on the same page as me makes me much less nervous about my reads.

@Lissa2 I want to town read Ara just for trying to get a grasp on mechanics by reading the previous game without discussing it here. But that is super thin and I shouldn't do it. The previous game read wall is super odd if personally humorous for me being a top 3 town read in a game where I was not at all townie to my recollection.

14. nutella

nutella Muggle

Wait how actually serious is the thing about this site and using proper grammar? It's so weird to see Lissa post like this lol

15. nutella

nutella Muggle

Like why does it matter in the mafia forums, seems kind of separate from the main site? But I don't know anything

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi, I would like to submit my application.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Oh, you rolled witch again? RIP.

Lump Vaimes

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

idk, I'll townread Ara for her TH9 post. The follow-up in 79 is a nice touch that shifts the needle towards "genuine."

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No, but if I post unrestrained, I'll literally never be lump because I'm so obvious I just get yeeted and my partner gets lumped.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Lump Vaimes

I wasn't gonna give content until tomorrow night but I might as well now.