1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hogwarts Stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by douter, Jul 28, 2021.

1. douter

douter Sixth Year

High Score:
    I'm looking for any fics that take place at Hogwarts, that actually include the magical castle.

I feel that many fics treat Hogwarts as a boarding school where kids learn magic, and not the ancient magical castle that is filled with secret rooms, ghosts, moving artwork and forgotten mysteries.

So I'm looking for any fics that include the more magical aspects of the school, it doesn't have to be the main focus of a story, more of an added flavour.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Obligatory flash fic recommendation - First Encounter

I like this request. I can remember bits and pieces of stories that fit this.

I think ‘Forging the Sword’ has a little bit. I remember the kids exploring in second year to find them diadem?

I think @Joe started one one where… Harry had a messenger bag? That’s the main bit I remember but he did a fair bit extra with Hogwarts too, though I don’t recall that story getting too far.

Interested to see more recs here. I know they exist but hard to pinpoint them in my mind.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  3. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    Ok so not quite what you are looking for, but I think it’s within the same vein.

It is a Harry/Draco fic, but the whole premise is that Grimmauld Place is a magical object filled with specific expectations and needs.

I like the way the house is described and the magic surrounding it. But if you don’t like Harry/Draco, I’d recommend skipping it.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/6177703
    title: House Proud
    Author:Astrolat
    Summary: His house liked Draco Malfoy more than him.

Here’s a snippet:
    The sun was starting to go down, but they both wanted the room finished, and the lamps and the fire had all lit up for them—the house wanted it finished, too. So they just set the chairs in a row and worked out a method: Draco fired the cushions on to them, and Harry went all around the border of each seat checking and tidying up, nudging in any stray bits of padding and corners of material, putting a strengthening spell on each seam.

More and more chairs kept hopping up to join the line as they worked, the whole table stretching to nearly impossible length, two additional fireplaces unfolding from the walls and new windows opposite them. Finally Harry got done with the last one and straightened up with a groan of relief, and found Draco staring at a folding wall stretched along one end of the room.

Together they took hold of the wall at the middle and pulled the sides apart. Glittering light came spilling out, a chandelier the size of a boat with a dozen satellites all coming up together to illuminate a floor of smooth polished boards, a balcony stage at the far end overlooking the room, long golden-framed oval mirrors alternating with delicate statues in niches all around yawning and stretching their arms, blinking over at them.

“I don’t think this room’s been open in half a century,” Draco said softly. It looked nearly forty feet long.