1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Maelstrom by Inconclusive - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by ip82, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Myst

Myst Headmaster

This was just updated.

I gotta say that the 2nd chapter is overly interesting. It has a great idea combined with good story telling and he still manages to capture a sense of confusion and mystery while writing.

Not to mention the inner war is described very well.

I'll still give this a 5/5.

2. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

the second chapter is really good. the idea of "underground" is quite unique and well-fitted. the war in his head is handled perfectly. i really want to know what that wand is consists of. the author manages well to maintain the mysterical air of the story. 5/5 now.

3. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Just found this fic. This got updated again.
    Turns out that Aberoth Dumbledore is the wandkeeper. Kreacher is killed; I liked the fact that house-elves are pretty hard to kill. And canon!Harry takes control, has a guilt trip, goes to Remus Lupin to tell everything, and is promptly knocked out by Dark!Harry.

This fic also lowered my view of canon!Harry immensely. He acted so much like an idiot - not thinking of any consequences at all, trusting that "Dumbledore will fix it." Such a dumbass. When reading between the 2 personalities, I much prefer the 27-year-old. At least he can think rationally, even if what he does is immoral.

Unique idea having different personalities fighting each other; I've never seen it in Harry Potter fandom, although Rurouni Kenshin fanfiction is full of it.

This is the first interesting, decent Independent!Harry fic I've seen for months. The last one was when DreamRed started writing.

4.5/5

4. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

chapter 3 is up there. the canon harry in chapter three acts like an idiot i agree, but the author tells that it won't go on like that, which means we will see a more less idiot canon harry.

the updates, while slow, satisfies me with their quality and quantity but that doesn't mean i want the rate stays the same.

5. Nicovi

Nicovi Fourth Year

.epub downloads:
    Maelstrom by Inconclusive - (Mega, Mediafire)