1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Villagers:
    "Hey guys, there's a virus going around in the neighboring communities. Let's all stay calm and hide inside the town hall 'til things calm down. We'll be safe there."

Coronavirus:

[​IMG]

Welcome to Mountainous Desperado!

Most of you know the general rules, but please take a sec to blitz through them. Especially if you haven't played in a while. I also added/reworded some stuff in the setup FAQ.

1. This is a fourten-person game with eleven town and three mafia. The game ends when the mafia outnumber or equal the town, or when the town wipes out mafia. This is also a flip game, where alignments are revealed when you die.

2. You can trust all information I give you because I should be trusted always. I may be a mod and a bastard but I’m not a bastard mod.

3. Day One lasts 96 hours of fun and delight, but all further Days will last 72 hours. Nights last a humble 24 hours.

4. Don’t lie about real-life commitments and don’t question another player’s commitments. If you’re inactive and not participating, you’ll be replaced. If you will be temporarily unable to post but not for long enough to replace out, please let me know so I can mark you as V/LA (vacation/limited access).

5. No excessive roleplaying. This may be a writing forum, but this game is about making arguments and murdering people, not necessarily in that order.

6. No coded references, hidden text, or anything like that. If you're going to lie, lie honestly!

7. Respect players and their time. Don’t be an asshole. Don’t attack a fellow player as a person as we’re all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Also don’t be an asshole to me by trying to intentionally get modkilled, or threatening to try. Also also do your best, even if you role town/scum and hate rolling town/scum. You signed up so you knew the risks. Try.

8. Don’t edit your posts. Don’t quote information directly from your correspondance with me. Only living players (and me) can post in the thread, but don’t post at Night or I’ll have you arrested for breaking into my thread.

9. Don’t communicate with anyone about the game except for me (privately) or with your living scummates if you’re scum (also privately). Ask your game-related questions in a PM to me here or on discord, NOT in the thread.

10. Don’t use out-of-game information (real life, forum/other mafia activity, chatrooms) to generate reads or influence people. Don’t mention any OOG information in the context of explaining or speculating on a player’s alignment in this game. Make sure to switch your profile to invisible while you're playing this game to discourage the temptation of activity stalking.

11. Votes must be BRIGHTLY COLORED, bolded, and on a separate line.

12. This game uses a Hard Lynch / Soft Lynch system. Soft Lynch is a majority lynch. Hard Lynch is approximately 75% of the living votes. A Soft Lynch is sufficient to lynch a player at deadline. A Hard Lynch immediately ends the day. If Soft Lynch is not reached before deadline, there is No Lynch. If the votes are tied at deadline, there is No Lynch. When a Hard Lynch is reached, or the deadline occurs, whichever comes first, STOP POSTING.

13. Moderator decisions are final.

14. Good luck, and have fun!

This is Mountainous Desperado, a mountainous (vanilla town vs. mafia goons) setup with only one role-related mechanic. On Night 2, in addition to the factional kill, the mafia will also select a villager to publicly receive a gun at the start of Day 3. That player must shoot it before the Day 3 deadline. If they shoot at a mafia, the mafia dies. If they shoot at another villager, the person with the gun dies.

Mafia will have Daychat.

Question: When is the gun handed out?
    Answer: Start of Day 3.

Question: Are there any stipulations as to when the gun may be fired?
    Answer: It must be fired on Day 3. It may not be fired during the first or last hour of the Day; the kill does not reset votes or provide an extension. If the gun is not fired, the person holding it will die at End of Day 3 along with the lynch.

Question: Is the identity of the gun holder public?
    Answer: Yes (once the mafia have voted).

Question: Will the shot be public?
    Answer: Yes. I must be tagged in the post in which the shot is fired. The shot doesn't have to follow a particular format beyond it being clear that you're shooting at X person. I suggest formatting it like a vote:

@Vaimes
    Daykill / strangle / infect / obliterate / hug [Player]

Question: I tagged you in the post, but can you be notified privately about my shot as well?
    Answer: Sure. PM or Discord works, just link me to the post in question.

Question: What if I shoot when you're not around or asleep or something? What if I change my mind?
    Answer: The first shot I see is what I process. Aim wisely.

Note: People do not have to stop posting when the gun is fired, but I suggest the shooter and the shootee stop posting until I resolve the action to avoid accidentally crossposting while dead.

villager

you win when the mafia are eliminated

yer scummy scum scum

you win when you control the lynch

Players
    1. @fire
    2. @Seratin
    3. @Gemma
    4. @Grapefruit21
    5. @Sloth
    6. @TerRaine
    7. @Keldeo
    8. @tom
    9. @fontisian
    10. @Cuthalion
    11. @M Plus 7
    12. @The Waco Kid
    13. @Umami
    14. @Fluffiness

Replacements
    1. Osieorb18
    2. Miner
    3. Rhand
    4. GeneralHankerchief
    5. Tammy

Observers
    1. Newcomb

-

Day 1 will end on Friday the 27th at 8pm EST, timer here.

With 14 alive, 8 is soft lynch and 11 is hard lynch.

Friendly reminder that everyone should stop posting at deadline or when a hard lynch is reached, whichever comes first.

Game is go. GLHF.​

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

The coronavirus game has no doctor. How very topical of you, Vaimes.

3. Umami

Umami Squib

Lucky #13

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vote fire
    Wanted to do the colors

5. Umami

Umami Squib

Fluffiness, we don't need a doctor, on day 3 we get a gun and everyone knows that tense situations are always safer when random civilians without training are armed

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think it's probably best to avoid talking about the gun until Day 3, and force scum to make the decision without any idea of what we're thinking.

7. Umami

Umami Squib

Is this a don't mention Merlin situation?

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Same basic concept, yeah.

9. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Everyone is similarly aware that viruses have one weakness. The hot lead of a .45.

10. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Scum PM OP. Nerf pls.

Vote: Tom

11. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

This one line finally absolves me from having self-voted in MCU. No one can give me crap over it now!

Anyway,
    VOTE TER
    Ya wolfin', gurl?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, loving the flavor.

12. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I had forgotten about the forum rules for a second. I will make sure that I only speak in complete sentences and not steal the lingo of gamer forums again. Apologies my good sirs and madams.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And I don't think that absolves you of self voting mon ami. Just would make the rest of us negligent for letting the game reach that stage.

13. Sloth

I'll take it.
    Why is your name a fruit yet your avatar a cat?

14. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Because cats are cuter than fruit. And I have been too lazy to upload my normal avatar here and cat pictures were all I had on my camera roll.

15. Sloth

It's too early to bombard the thread with photos of my dog, so the contents of my camera roll for later.

Who else is craving some stimuli to get through this goddamn quarantine?

16. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

asks the man whos avatar is The Tree and name sloth.

17. Umami

Umami Squib

Sloth, it's never too early for dog photos

18. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I'm still working and I'm feeling the same thing. I'd be out of my mind if I was actually stuck at home. Especially since my laptop has randomly started crashing if I play anything more graphically intense than Age of Mythology. Not immediately but eventually.

19. fire

fire Order Member

The rules being what they are, we should probably attempt to force a hard lynch if possible, because the voting patterns from it are the only way we're getting information on the 2nd day onwards on who's mafia and who's not else.

If no one dies, we just start day two one innocent down.

Vote Tom.

Nice try Voldemort.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oops, meant to say "soft lynch" when arguing; if we get stuck below its threshold this day would have been wasted.

Also, remembered we need brightly coloured voting -

VOTE TOM

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Seriously how crazy is it that "tom" was available here?