1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Unknown Memories by Fission25 - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ip82, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Unknown Memories
    Author: Fission25
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Pairings: Harry/Katie
    Chapters: 15
    Words: 82,349
    Updated: March 12, 2009
    Published: August 5, 2005

Summary: Learning the horrible truth of what the future holds Harry begins his quest to become the perfect wizard and change the future of death and destruction he’s foreseen. Not realizing what the consequences will be. 4th year, Harry & Katie Bell
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2520724/1/

This is one of the most original Harry-in-training stories I've seen in a long time. Some very original ideas and plot decisions are what seperates this story from the others:

- It starts after POA (book 3), featuring 13/14 year old Harry and Voldemort who's still plotting his return. VERY GOOD decision. More authors should do things like this - HBP is a terrible starting point for fanfiction and GOF and especially OOTP are totally overused (there's just so many ways you can describe Harry grieving for Sirius before it becomes irritating).

- Harry is being mentored by Ollivander (the wand maker). I don't think anyone's ever done this before, even though the man is obviously very knowledgable and wise. Good idea!

- Harry/Katie Bell pairing + interaction with less used Gryffindor Quidditch characters (Angelina, Alicia, Lee). Used only few times before. Harry is a standard confused klutz, but that's ok here coz he's only 13/14. Good choise.

The only downside is lower update rate, but other than that, this story is truly great. Highly recomended.

Checked by Minion, July 28, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
  2. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

This was just updated today. It is enjoyable. I gotta agree it is a brillant starting point, the romance was abit sickening in the latest chapter but its something you can skip over. Overall something to keep an eye out for.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, this story is good. I havnt read it lately though since he stopped updating but apparently he's started again.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Very good author AND story.. i like his other story as well... i think its got a HP/Tonks/Susan Bones thing going on.. but this is good as well... bit on the romancy side at times but over all worth reading i thnk... ive gotta catch up on it .. not read it in a while now..

5. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

It's a good story, with like ip82 said excellent starting point and Harry-in-training. Only problem is its slow moving basically doing the same thing for 4 chapters where he runs back and forth between Durzkaban and Ollivanders, if anything it needs some action to happen.

6. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

really enjoying this story at the moment...seems like in the newest chapter, harry was transferred some powers and knowledge throught the wards hence the unknown memories title..

7. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Actually the title is referring to the effects of the time turner that gave him images of the future which started him on this path to begin with.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

My only problem is that this author has a tendancy at times to vaguley described something interesting, then totally gloss over it. Annoying, but it does not detract from that fact that this is fairly original, I've never seen good old Oli' mentoring Harry.

I'd give it a A-, it's a must read, hopefully it'll be updated quickly.

9. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Like it. One of the more interesting stories at the moment.

10. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I'll be following this one. It's one of the better stories I've seen in a long time. I like the fact that Olivander is used as a mentor for Harry rather than the more commonly used people. I don't think I have ever seen the magic not being detected in a pensieve thing used before either.

Actually now that I think about it I recall a pensieve being used in a story by Omagic or something, an interactive penseive that Sirius created. Not seen that story in a long time though and I don't think I ever finished reading it.

Overall I would recommend this fic.

11. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Anyone have any idea what happened to the author?

*Edit* Forget the question i asked him he says it should be up this week.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  12. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

This was a good change from all the post Ootp and HBP stories. There are few stories around that start after the third book. It also has original solutions to Harrys need to practice magic, instead of the over used solution of buying a new wand in Knockturn Alley or removing the tracking spells from his original wand. Also one thing I like about it is that Harry does not blame his bad grades on the Durseys, in many stories so does Harry have bad grades because the Durseys have beaten him if he gets better grades then dudley so it is nice to see a story were harry freely admits that he has been lazy.

13. razz

razz Seventh Year

That's good to know. I hadn't read this one before, it's great!

Very recommended.

14. Inferi

Inferi Third Year

New info, just got a review reply from Fission25, apparently RL has been getting in the way, but the new date for the next chapter is Tuesday or Thursday of this week.

15. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Hope so...What exactly is RL for the people live under a rock...namely ME.

16. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

^ real life

17. Inferi

Inferi Third Year

Apparently he lied.

18. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Stupid people 2nd time hes done this that we already know of.

19. razz

razz Seventh Year

Yeah, its been a while - but I have news!! Good news!

So. There's still hope!

20. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

That's good, i love this story. I sent him a message about 3 monthes aog and he blatantly ignored it.