1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    How are you going to hold it to me when you're dead?

Everyone else better use this 48 hour night, too.

2. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

My dying wish is that somebody actually reads my legacy post and takes it into account kthx.

Hopefully that "kthx" doesn't push the limits.

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I will, but I'll probably be dead if you're town, since we have literally the exact same reads and wowow.

4. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Lol wtf Beru I didn't mean in game I meant I'll hold YOU to it and will be disappointed in you if you don't deliver

5. GeneralHankerchief

Time to put some popcorn in the microwave.

Best of luck, guys.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Day is over!

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Night, y'all.

See you in the future...

8. GeneralHankerchief

Rubi completely silent since my legacy post.

9. Vira

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 3.7

GH [4] - Fable, Miner, Delphine, Asmo.
    Rubicon [2] - Beru, GH.

Not Voting [1] - Rubicon.

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to soft-lynch and five votes to hard-lynch!

Day Three ends on September 22 at 3pm PST.

Soft lynch has been reached!

The crows circled as the town led GH to the river. He struggled and pleaded, with reason and emotion, but no heart was open to him. The river ran hard and empty under the red sky, and GH’s mouth grew dry at the thought of death. Not to himself, never to himself, but what about the people he left behind?

“I have last words,” he rasped. “If you’d only listen-”

“You’re scum, GH,” someone said, as they attached the ball and chain to his ankle. “We don’t care about your reads.”

“Not reads!” With great effort, GH ripped his arm from the town’s hold, and showed them a letter from their pocket. “I need you to send this!”

“To your scum buddy, GH?”

“No, she has nothing to do with this game! Just a personal matter…” Though even describing her with such simple terms made his heart ache. “I never got to send it! I’ll walk into the river willingly, just please send it to the letter’s address!”

Someone took the letter, and GH lost sign of it as he was led across the bridge, someone carrying the ball attached to his ankle. In the middle where a part of the railing had been broken off, he was pushed to the edge. He looked into the water, into his reflection broken up by the current. Had he always looked so old? Where had the time gone?

He would never see her again.

Someone shoved him forward and he toppled off the bridge. His first breath was air, the second was water, and it filled his lungs and world. He broke the surface, feeling a weight about to drag him down.

“Annabelle,” he whispered.

Then he was gone.

“What the heck was that about?” someone asked, turning over the letter, then stuck it into their mouth and swallowed.

Everyone stared.

“What?” the person said. “You all know this was too dark. I was lightening the mood.”

“At least we caught scum,” someone said. “This death was angsty so he must have been scum, right? … Right?”

No.

GH was drowned!

He was a Town Happy Camper!

Night Three has started!

Reminder that Night Three will be 48 hours!
    --- Post automerged ---
    My work schedule decided to give me the middle finger and gave me an extra afternoon Wednesday shift.

SO.

I'm slapping an extra twenty-four hours onto Night, so it's now 72 hours.

Night Three will end and Day Three will begin on Monday at 3pm PST. Day Three will end on Thursday at 3pm PST.

Sorry for the trouble!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ooh, I get to filler.

11. Vira

High Score:
    Beru woke slowly and when they couldn’t move their arms, they sprang awake, or tried to until the ropes binding them to the post yanked them back.

“What the heck?” Beru said. Meat surrounded them and the lush smell of autumn was in the night air. No one was around, but through the moonlight, Beru could see something carved into a tree.

THIS WILL BE HILARIOUS

Beru huffed, not surprised. Ever since they came here they knew they would die by bear. It was a requirement. Still, the scum were cowards if they didn’t want to watch bear-cannibalism.

The bushes rustled. Beru looked up and a black nose, followed by a black furry head, pushed out of the leaves. Standing on four legs, it was taller than them and three times their size.

Beru gulped, but then they looked into the bear’s eyes, both bears’ eyes widened.

“Cousin Black?” Beru gasped, and at once the bear untied them and pulled their to their feet. “It’s been forever!”

“Beru, I had no idea you were in our neck of the woods,” Cousin Black said, voice deep and husky because they were a bear. “What were you doing tied to a post?”

Beru rubbed the back of their head. “It’s a long story…”

“Why don’t you tell me about it?” Cousin Black led them back through the bushes. “You should stay in our den. We have berries and songs and laughter.”

Beru needed laughter after the time they had. “You know what, that sounds like a good idea...”

Hours later after much searching, the town stumbled across the scene. One dropped to their knees.

“Beru’s dead! The bear swallowed them whole.”

“What are we going to do?” another wailed. “That’s another town killed!”

A town person shook their head. “We have to stay strong... Even in tragedy.”

Beru went to live in the woods was hilariously eaten by a bear!

They were a Town Happy Camper!

Livelist.

Asmo.
    Delphine.
    Fable.
    Miner.
    Rubicon.

With five alive, it takes three votes to soft-lynch and four votes to hard-lynch!

It is LYLO!

Day Four has started!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sorry GH.

Miner, Asmo, Fable, beruru, Delphine

I'm rereading Fable's ISO and I don't really get what he's doing to help his team if he's scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, I think he can be high effort scum. He can be low effort lazy scum. Either way there should be more agenda to his posts, like looking town or trying to set up / support mislynch options. Here it's like, Jarizok made a weird case but he always does that so whatever. fonti is changing her reads in weird ways but that's villagery. [massive push on Jan] -> we shouldn't lynch him.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    So like I've been wrong on pretty much everything not beruru related this game and my current status in regards to solving the game is "I don't fucking know" and trying to go back and reread posts that I clearly read wrong in the first place isn't really working out.

So I'm just gonna treat today like it's d1 and start over. Not a good idea probably but I think at this point I only have bad ideas and worse ideas so glgl me.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

So I got a list of 5 names and I think 2 of them should not have made it to toDay.

I think I'll start there.

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Gonna say this outright: most likely lynching Rubi this phase. Partner likely Fable, might be Miner

@Rubicon why insist that GH push you first when he thought you were potentially Miner's partner? Why is that the "townier thing to do?"

@Miner last phase you said you couldn't be partnered with anyone except maybe Fluff or Fonti. Can you explain your thoughts on why Fluff and Fonti specifically, and why it isn't possible for you to be partnered with Rubi?

@Fable I get that you said you're going to start rereading from scratch, but I'd like you to commit to some reads as soon as you're done with that. Preferably come up with a team, if possible, and explain how you got them as scum and why you think they're related. Asking for GH more than for myself, but liked his prompt a lot.

As bad as it is, and as much as I hate to say it, it'll be really hard to win if Delphine is scum because I just don't see it. I went to reevaluate her thinking she might be scum after GH flipped town, but her read on him is genuine and the frankness by which she pursued it looks pure.

16. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Yesterday and today (Tuesday, it's 3:12 atm) are really busy for me, but I should be a lot freer from 9 or 10pm tonight.
    I hate hate hate being left alive to lylo, but I'll do my best to hold myself to the standard I told Beru I'd hold her to.

Oh , and this is probably obvious and hopefully doesn't need to be said, but this is lylo and there can't be a single stray vote before EoD. Despite that, though, declaring intent works just as well as a vote would for any purpose necessary, so use that instead

17. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Probably Miner more than Fable, actually

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Rubi voteswitch and soft defense make Miner likelier

19. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

But ok tired gonna sleep.
    Delphine please dont be negligent of thread just you won't be lynched today
    G'night

20. Delphine

Delphine First Year

...?

I'd really like more insight into how you're going about reading Fable. I asked you "To what extent are you familiar with Fable's meta, and have you looked into it during this game?" yesterday which I don't think you ever answered, but if you can get me from Point A to Point B with discussing something else, please do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Miner,

You left the thread on this note with just under half an hour left til deadline. You've asserted that you would never do this as mafia, and I feel like this moment has the potential to be the most AI thing you've done all game up to this point. Can you speak more to why you stayed on Beruru/didn't come off as all that concerned with the votal in general?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think Rubicon was on miner at the time but I'm having trouble finding it.