1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Pushing you + miner most strongly, actually. Read my posts if you claim to have a scumread on me.
    I've had more townreads than scumreads all game. This is lylo though, lil bit different.

Also must've been easy for you to figure out who you wanted to scumread after you saw my post. Pretty drastic change there from your hard townread at the end of last phase. What caused the change? Answer specifically, please.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

^this is to Rubi

I really wish I had access to a computer rn

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm curious what your own attitude is toward CFDs.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    @Delphine

When you start looking into all the possible pairings could you start with Rubicon/Asmo?

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

So why would you ever start with a pair that doesn't include your apparent "lockwolf"

:Thinking:
    --- Post automerged ---
    If you think I'm with Fable you should probably reread RWBY and our partner interactions.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Because if rubicon/Asmo is unlikely enough then I know I have no reason not to vote for you.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lol.

Fable/Rubicon, final answer.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    What happened to there's one in rubicon/Fable and one in Asmo/Delphine?

I feel like there's no thought in any of your posts and you're just saying words.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Clearly, Asmo has been reasonably towny with his posts toDay. However, that cannot be said for you or Rubicon.

And it's pot to kettle wrt to posts and content.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    But you haven't given any reasons?

Like if anything the only thing you've done so far today is OMGUS.

Like at least I'm trying to figure things out, I don't feel like you are.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like even your previous reasons you hinted at earlier in the game don't make sense.

Like you said "I acted like this" earlier in reference to me getting mad at everyone suspecting me and not giving any reasons but that's not true. In WH9 and this game I got mad because of that and it was more angry in general than at anyone specific but in RWBY it was very carefully directed at specific people namely mostly at the other wolves so people would make up antialignments between us and then at Reg to push him off me because he was the only villager that suspected me all game.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hi, I have a friend named Jan, you may have heard of him. You see, he died in the night, but before he succumbed to his tragic and unfortunate end, he suspected you, my dear Fable, of being an unhappy camper. And then you proceeded to be mad at him. And then he died.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This literally never happened.

It doesn't look good for you if you have to make things up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like if we wanna get technical he suspected you more than me lol.

And I was more a null read anyway? Like he V read me but than decided to overcompensate for w/e reason but he wasn't actually confidant in it iirc.

And I never got mad at him for it, I believe I only made a couple of sarcastic comments of "I'm only tilting or boring apparently" and "I think it's funny put me at the top of his easiest people for him to read list and he has no idea what to do with me." but I never got mad at him for it.

So try again?

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lol this was before EOD you dolt. There was that one post that he made where he was super angry at you because you kept tilting off the face of the Earth whenever someone even suspected you(sound familiar).

The fact that you're saying all of it is made up is just lulzy as hell.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Quote?

I don't remember that ever happening.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Are we sure you're not thinking of things beruru said and then saying jan said them?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also you're changing your story in that case if that's true (I really don't remember that happening though) because getting mad at me for tilting =/= accusing me of being a wolf?

Also if I don't remember it happening I certainly don't think I got mad at him for saying it if he did.

15. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Good news: My Wi-fi finally works.
    Bad news: I am ill.

I am, unfortunately, intimately aware that miner can be very resigned as town.

As scum in RWBY, there's resignment (and, esp early in the day, anti-spew) but at least some effort to push other people/self-pres when survival looks possible:

However, uh. In the most similar situation that I can find to EOD2 here in a town!miner game (granted, almost a year ago in WH7 - WH8 is not a great comparison point because his counterwagon there /was/ his top scumread),

And so I don't think it's at all true that only scum!miner cares about his vote placement being on a viable lynch in situations where he's under pressure. In this game, I really do wonder as either alignment, why waste a vote on Beruru at EOD2 3 hours after expressing this conviction

When the wagons were (3) "a mislynch. figure out when you can afford it" - (3) himself - (3) #2 scumread.

I wanted to know how likely miner thought it was that he dies this game/what exactly he thought his death potentially solves. Why did he feel like it was to a town wincon to just sit on Bears > GH? Overly generic and inaccurate meta ramble isn't getting me there.

Scum!miner set himself up perfectly to push GH via fonti's suspicions/townreads on the people he knows, and then just...was predicting GH would be townread for #1116 and trying to sound town by getting ahead of the curve and/or further align himself with GH? And then either hoping fluff or GH somehow ends up lynched without him having to self-pres for it OR hoping to get lynched sooner rather than later and get carried by a partner.

Which, I think makes miner less likely w/w with Fable, because Asmo and Rubicon were positioned better at the time and both already voting him.

The more I look at it the more confused I feel to be honest.
    --- Post automerged ---
    --- Post automerged ---
    Er, /I/ don't even know what to do with that. Not sure why that came up as a quote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    miner's activity level up to this point seems within either range*.

There's 2 things miner seems to do as scum that I didn't notice in his town games. One of which he borderline did in #1388 (am not sure if I want to talk about it or not.)

The second is generically asking for help with reading a specific person.

This game:
    (When isoing him in HP mafia his Kai read reminded me of his read on me here, and it's not an attitude I noticed anywhere else but RWBY)

Closest I could find was ^, which I feel is different because it's stating an opinion and then asking to be checked on it, not trying to show town thought processes by feigning confusion.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Your hope with the original vote was to try to catch 2 of {Asmo, Fable, me} attempting to qh and unvote faster? Were you sitting there refreshing constantly for half an hour straight?

It's also hard for me to follow why you shrug back to something you were exaggerating your suspicion on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (Granted, I did refresh a thread for 2 hours straight once. I miss having that much time on my hands. Kind of.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah.

The progression of the test is a bit ??
    --- Post automerged ---
    Apparently Asmo thinks I'm chopped liver.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Was there a particular post where you decided this?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Don't think it'll be first but I'll try to make it not last. I've had them slightly-moderately unaligned because I felt like Rubicon's D2 case on Asmo would've been better if they were w/w due to TMI.

Sadly I don't think there's anyone left that the "Asmo would have known fonti's gender from scumchat before EOD1" tell rules out anymore >:

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Welp. Looks like there really is only a select few people who can actually read me.

Honestly, I read your post @Delphine and I couldn't understand 2/3rds of it.

Like, apparently I ask for help reading people in scumgames but not towngames? But this is very false because if you go back to my first few games on the site I asked for help reading a bunch of people. It's just that I stopped asking later on because I got to know them better.

Like... go take a look at AYAW, I specifically ask Quiddity, and I believe Bill and/or Kalas to link me to previous games. I used to do that a lot with people I've never played with or didn't know.

And the post you quoted with my unvote and then revote was because Asmo freaked out at me about voting, and since I've played on sites like epic Mafia I understand blitzing so that's what I thought he was referring to and then I realized this was DLP with soft/hard voting systems and was like derp.

And then Fable went all in on the “wtf Miner why you vote” which is like major warning bells because he knows how DLP voting goes. Like, he's been in lylo before. In contrast to me who hasn't been in lylo since... Like... Ayaw.

And at any rate, if I was constantly refreshing the page I would've response immediately to asmo instead of being afk for ten minutes or so. Instead, I was playing a game of league...

So yeah, your post really doesn't make sense to me at all.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    "All in on "wtf miner why you vote?"" = Oh we're snap voting in lylo...that's kinda dumb.

Lol.

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I did focus on more recent town games when looking for the generic "plz help me" attitude so that might be fair? Was a little ping that I'm interested if it's a legit way to read you. Although, I would categorize asking someone to link you meta differently than the sentiment of "please help I dunno how to read XXX but I'm not going to go look at past meta or ask any specific person about how to read them."
    --- Post automerged ---
    If your initial Rubicon vote wasn't a test, you are either more confident in Rubicon/Fable than is coming across or you're YOLOing more than I think makes any sense.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I...guess you don't have anything to add regarding the first half of the post, or did that not make sense either?
    --- Post automerged ---
    This post sounded false bravado-y to me, and so when you unvoted/it sounded like it had been a reaction test vote, the post made more sense to me.

But now you're saying you actually 100% believed this and uhhh.

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Don't forget that "fable is a wolf for wanting to lynch fluff (yeah because his reads weren't based in reality) and he "should have known better"."

Meanwhile miner tunneled beruru after acknowledging he did that in WH9 and he might be biased but then did it anyway and never gave any reasons.

But he's a villager cuz he says so....in like 90% of his posts.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

If I didn't address it, it was so far out of left field that I don't understand it yeah.

Also, if you want to find posts where I'm like, “I can't read x, please help.” literally go through my earlier games. Fonti is a good example.

Oh and if Fable is town here I've lost what little faith in his reads I had after last game.