1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Paratroopa

Paratroopa Muggle

It's pretty unlikely there's anything I CAN do to defend myself if that's the case. I was under the impression I was sort of in the clear though.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

To be brutally honest, unless you like... blatantly scumslip, or come up with a real doozy of a case on who the last wolf is, the bulk of the measure of determination on you slot's probably coming from dya, from what Fable says about dya, dya's interactions with flipped wolves and vice versa, in about that order.

Like, no one expects you to sink hours and hours into the game and get completely engaged and caught up as an 11th hour replacement.

What gave you the impression you were sort of in the clear?

3. Paratroopa

Paratroopa Muggle

Most of the posts I saw from the previous day seemed to suggest dya town or not-w/w with flipped wolves. That's just the impression I got, I'm viewing a pretty incomplete picture here because actually trying to swim through thousands of posts and try to actually remember anything big out of them isn't something I'm gonna do. If my impression was wrong, then, oops.

If people suspected dya then I don't think I'm gonna say much, I can only make things worse/more confusing.

4. Newcomb

Gotta say, this was the right pair of shoes to wear for this particular game, it looks like.

5. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

What has caused this game to go so sideways for you that you're voting a town read and calling this the worst game you've ever been in? Like, people disagree with you; tough crap it's a game of Mafia. Do you feel personally attacked? Are you just burnt out? Walk me through your head space right now. And for goodness sakes stop voting for a town read, it's bad play from either alignment and you should know this.

6. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    @Fable - if Dyaslot is town, I legitimately want to know because it means if we lynch through Fonti and Shadow and the game's not over, I /know/ I made a mistake somewhere. I understand if you're sick of explaining it to people who keep not getting it but like. It's not for lack of trying on my part. FWIW I do have some reasons to townread Dya, but my reasons to townread literally everyone else in this game are stronger.

Heh.

7. Newcomb

Compare/contrast to the meta-read Cuth gives on fontisian.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I suppose... in the grand scheme of things, understanding the meta read on dya isn't actually terribly important, here?

I mean, just for the purposes of winning this single game, the real lynchpin is essentially "how sure is he?"

@Fable, would it be possible for you to give me a numerical confidence level of this read? For example, I think Vaimes is somewhere between 97 and 99% town. In terms of "if we played this game 100 times", I think Vaimes is only fooling me once or twice. I'd be beyond shocked if he were a wolf here.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

@Paratroopa
    If there's something you can do that falls outside your scum range or seems blatantly town, then we'd appreciate you trying for that, but yeah, otherwise, whether I at least vote for you isn't going to be determined by you.

Timewise, it might be more helpful to look at the players under consideration in isolation?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, @Newcomb, the read Cuth gave was accurate for the single specific scum game I had just had on MU.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    IDK how to read this.

Unvote

10. Newcomb

Think this is pretty solid for Fable.
    --- Post automerged ---
    As is this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh wow and yeah it's beyond beating a dead horse but I just read the Stanari/Cuth thing about her thinking it was Tsiaah sending her am message and Cuth's response-
    Yeeeah Stanari can be right up there with Vaimes.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Instinct says it's unlikely to be 4 in this list?

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You don't have to be shy about voting font, you know. It's good for you.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Can you point me at a few of these? My memory is failing me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think some of the flipped wolf interactions with her look w/v and not w/w?

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

But but.

I'm town.

I'm almost certain Newcomb is town.

You iare definitely town (though being reminded you thought Tsaiah was the Messenger is super helpful because I totally forgot that happened).

I think Fable is town, and I'm willing to go with his dya read. If only because I feel like he's not actually going to elaborate on it.

shadow is kinda Just There PoE-City, but there are more reasons to townread wei's interactions than font's. Apparently. I still haven't read the literature.

So let's kill her.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Plus iunno if Cuth plays out yesterDay the way he did if shadow is his last buddy.

If it's that easy, then this game has been incredibly weird.

15. fontisian

I really don't get the reasons to townread wei's interactions at all. There was one where he put a bunch of scum in his light scum reads? Ok?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I uh.

I think I'm going to go out with the poe of dya/shadow. And stick with that. I don't think Newcomb's getting lynched and he's probably town regardless, I'm sure Von and Stanari are town, and I think the things Newcomb pointed out about Fable are clearing enough. I also actually kind of like shadow's tone, and I think Paratroopa's "I thought I was cleared thing" is similar to owners.

Vote: Paratroopa
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, Von, you should actually look at the things Miner and Vira said to me, because they're pretty blatant attempts to buddy.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, also, I choose to ensure that Cuth got lynched yesterday instead of encouraging the pushes elsewhere, unlike you, so I don't think you really have to right to lynch me the day after that instead of giving me my lynch here. Thanks.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mean he was getting lynched anyways, sooo.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why did you think Newcomb could be mafia?

17. fontisian

You didn't want to lynch him, so. Also, "going to be lynched eventually" can lead to "wasn't lynched before parity, oops."

With, Newcomb, meh, just a lack of oomph to him and some weird interactions. I think the miner thing, the way vira talked to him, and some stuff in the cuth iso all point to town!Comb. I think my suspicions were more along the lines of "if this is all wrong, and game is hard, it has to be newcomb."

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Those aren't reasons. He was 100% getting lynched with or without my help, and he was getting lynched before a looot of the other living players.

You've been going back and forth on him all game. I honestly cannot see how you can think he's scum, which is important if he somehow is, so. I'm comparing his play to WitchHuntWhatever when he was the scum of a crumbling team (with you-replaced-by-Typhon and Slip).

19. fontisian

I think he's less than 10% scum, so I'm not going to make a case for it. The doubts come from his lack of involvement in most of the correct lynches and with how him lynching town!dya yesterday lines things up nicely for easy mislynches on me and shadow afterwards. Again, I don't think it's likely.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Extremely awful linguistic read incoming.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I actually think that maybe this is a thing that really happened.