1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Congrats. I have pretty much given up on it. I have all but two of the latest gen

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

There's a very specific system that has to be followed in order to get an EX Raid Pass.

1. The gym either has to be a sponsored one, or in a Park. NO OTHER GYMS WORK.

2. The gym must gather 250 Raid Points before the weekly invites are sent out. These points are: Number of People multiplied by Raid Difficulty. So 20 people doing a Level 5 raid only gives 100 points. In my case, I did 3 raids on the same gym in the same week. Around 25 other people have also received EX Passes for it, which means they have done more than 1 raid on this gym.

3. The system strongly favors players who haven't played a while or are newbies, but if there's no players like this then it doesn't discriminate as it can't.

4. If not enough people do raids at the gym, then an EX Raid won't activate, exact numbers aren't known but most of the time at least 10 people get EX Passes. For example, if only 5 people raided on 1 gym and got the required 250 points, the EX raid still won't activate as there's not enough people to do the raid.

Once all of this is met then you have a chance of getting an invite. Because if like 40 people raid at the same gym, there's no way in hell they're all gonna be invited.

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Or luck out and get the first Mewtwo in your city. :3

Oh man, looking forward to the Dratini community event next month. I didn't bother with the Pikachu one, but I will totally farm Dratini for a couple hours.

4. Andrela

I know people who have 5 mewtwo already.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Looks like they just released 23 more Pokemon here. I guess I missed that.

6. Andrela

They released them yesterday :) New ones include Aggron, Flygon, etc.

7. Andrela

Lol, just got my 4th EX Raid Pass. My Mewtwo Army is slowly growing...

8. Rehio

High Score:
    Two shiny Dratini and a parking ticket that I'm going to appeal. Nice enough community day outing.

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    ... I knew the event was going on, but didn't check where the local 'parks' were. And so I missed all the Dratini.

And I just checked, and it was a 3 hour event, so I actually missed the timing as well. Maybe I should learn to read?

10. Andrela

I caught 4 shiny dratinis and 400 dratini candy overall.

Oh well, now shiny dratini are introduced in the game, so you'll still able to get them.

11. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I got my Gold Dragon Tamer! I got like 800 Dratini Candy in total, with 4 Shiny... Too bad I didn't get a high IV Dratini...

12. Andrela

Oh yeah, I got the gold medal as well. Helps immensely with catching Rayquaza.

Question for all: how do you organize legendary raids in your area? I personally am in a large group on facebook with lots of members.

13. Rehio

High Score:
    All about Discord, here. We have a local server that everyone hangs out with with separate chat channels for every type of raid. If you're lookin' for Rayquaza, just hang out in that channel, and same for Absol or Tyranitar and such. Got one for rare spawns that pings everyone whenever something good appears in the area (like Unown), and every time EX Raids pop up they get their own chat channel for organization as well.

14. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Damn. I still log in most days but I knew about pretty much none of this.

I have a Dragonite from ages ago with perfect IVs. Missed this event though. I got a farfetch'd but didn't realize that kangaskan was part of that event too?

And still just one legendary.

I think I play incorrectly, hah.

15. Andrela

That feel when you get two EX Raids on the same day, but they're 20 kilometers apart.

[​IMG]

16. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Happened to someone here. Not counting legendaries I have alll of gen 1 aside from 2 regionals. Alll of gen 2aside from unown, and need 4more of gen 3. Missed 7 legendaries so far.

17. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not actual PoGo news, but related:

New AR game coming out that looks very similar to PoGo - Jurassic World Alive. Not much info has been released yet, there's the trailer on the site, and there's three images in the App Store. Game is made by Ludia, who I've never heard of, but there previous games don't exactly fill me with confidence. They've got a previous JP game, which looks like it takes some inspiration from main series Pokemon, but does the gameplay worse than the GBA Jurassic Park did (I remember waiting outside the shop for it to open to buy it, so maybe rose-tinted goggles).

The game apparently has live PvP, and you can crossbreed dinosaurs. I don't know how limited that is though.

You can pre-register interest in the game on the app store for "free in-game items" at launch, so might be worth getting those if anyone's at all interested.

Some more digging, and

Apparently, it's out in Australia (again, they get it first for some reason?) and Canada (?), and there's a gameplay series starts here(based on other people's clips), although episode one is labelledhereinstead (based on his).

You 'catch' dinosaurs by shooting them to steal DNA, and use that to build new ones, and the fusions are limited. If you don't have DinoStops nearby, you can send out a drone to spin them for you?

Looks like you might be able to switch which set of dinosaurs spawn for you, depending on your trainer level

Lots more videos from this guy I'm making my way through, but it looks like it could actually be really good, for a while at least.

18. Andrela

Still no Mewtwo above 90%

Damn. Well, at least I can't complain too much since some people have no Mewtwo at all. I guess I should be grateful that I even have more than two!

[​IMG]

19. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Where is the percentage rating coming from? What apps do you use along side Pokemon Go? How are they not banning your account if you are using third party apps.

20. Andrela

I use this website: https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/en/tools/iv-calculator