1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Unresolved Policy regarding mirroring of non-working links and stories removed by author

Discussion in 'DLP Feedback and Improvement' started by Nicovi, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Nicovi

Nicovi Fourth Year

Hi,

recently found a 260mb folder containing downloaded stories (Probably all the stories in the DLP Library as of 20150315 except "Romance" and "Other Fandoms"). First thought was to patch holes in the library wall (some links doesn't work anymore).

However that brings me to two issues:
    A) What is the DLP policy on linking to mirrors of stories.
    1) If we know the author removed the stories him/herself (author writing about it in the description or on some other site).
    2) If the story is removed. The site it was hosted on is still there. But we don't know why it was removed, or by who (author? admin?).
    3) Host site is just gone.

B) Have someone compiled a list of stories in the library that doesn't have working link, or alternative mirror linked in the first post? (This question can be ignored if the policy is no 'official' mirrors).

Edit: I have been shown the light. Thread can be pruned or tortured as our dear admins see fit.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018