1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Game of Champions by Lamora - M - Pokemon

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lungs, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On the bright side, I’m currently doing a full write up to summarize the ending, as well as shed more light on why I stopped writing it. Also I plan to summarize the spin off one shot ideas I obviously never got around to.

That’ll get posted in WbA in the future.

2. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I mean, I'm hoping the "ending" you quote is a full ass 20K word essay on the battle between Challenger Red and Champion Blue, which would be rad. Rad as fuck. AND/OR your version of Mewtwo and Team Rocket/Giovanni's control/lack-there-of.

But can we at least have a snippet of Red capturing/defeating/escaping Themis the Snorlax?

And can we at least get the final, champion pkmn team of Red and Blue? Did Red somehow gain the allegiance of Alexander and evolve the wartortle who never turned his back? The scene where ivysaur evolves into a fully-fledged venusaur wouldn' be amiss either... Red's last pokemon is Lapras or Espeon. Please toss us an eevee bone or lapras bone. please. Also, surely Blue will eventually encounter a larvitar. plsgod. AND CAN WE GET THE REST OF THE GYM BATTLES?

jokes on me, all the aforementioned would be an entire story.

... please don't stop this story :(

lamora pls

pls show surge ded as well as Red's reaction scene to the assassination of his mother.

lamora

pls

why :(

RIP to the true paragon of fanfiction.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  3. GiGi_GigaBytes

GiGi_GigaBytes Muggle

I stumbled across this forum after I tried to revisit The Game of Champions on Wednesday, and I made an account here just to say thank you, Lamora. The Game of Champions is one of the most engaging stories I've read, and while I understand why you decided to take it down, I'm really happy (and even happier!) that you've decided to provide closure to the world that you've painted. Take your time with the one-shots and write-up - I'm sure everyone here will enjoy whatever you write. Cheers!

Edit: an emoticon

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  4. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Bro at 14? You definitely were a legend.

5. Ominous Gale

Ominous Gale Muggle

Ah man, feeling kinda old now.

I've been following this story for years, and am sad to see it go.

I am thankful for the privilege of having read it during it's run.

6. njist

njist Squib

High Score:
    Everyone probably knew that GoC would never be finished, but this funeral and all these eulogies are unbelievably depressing.

Whenever I see the word Pokemon now, I can't help but think of Game of Champions. It's forever associated in my mind with everything I love about Pokemon, and I feel pity in the purest sense that Pokemon fans everywhere can no longer stumble upon the one and only great Pokemon fanfic.

Given the choice against a world where GoC never existed at all, I can only be grateful Lamora shared at all and even continues to grace us lucky few with the small consolation of closure. But @Lamora, I beg you to rethink the culling. It's such senseless tragedy to kill off your own child because it hasn't met your standards of worthiness, especially when it's already taken on a life of its own and is so beloved of so many devoted fans.

And if that is not to be...

The Champion is dead. Long live the Champion.

7. Sivarajan

Sivarajan Muggle

The snorlax was Kronus, but we've now gotten most of what you asked for. I'm expecting snippets of the remaining gym battles to be posted in the next update, probably in late-2020.

8. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  9. Diablo Snowblind

Diablo Snowblind Squib

Honestly? Good for the guy who reuploaded it.

Taking the whole story down and all of the DLP comments on what would have happened is such a dick move.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They don't owe you anything.

11. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This is one of my favourite stories, but that's no excuse to steal from the creator and strip from them their intellectual rights.

12. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I think that was my fault actually. I asked Lamora around that time if he'd mind me taking over GoC and he said he'd take down the spoiler outline posts so I could do it. Obviously I ended up going with a different story.

My bad, boys.

13. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

What utterly entitled bullshit. You’ve been warned.

14. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

Eh, it's the internet. Sure, you can try to remove something temporarily. But if it's actually good content and people are interested in it - which they are, good pokemon fanfiction is rarer than a legendary shiny - then someone is always going to reupload it. Lamora owes us nothing, but neither do we owe him anything.

I don't really care either way, already read the story twice as well as the plot points. But it's easy for us to say that people should respect the author's wishes and miss out on reading what is perhaps the best pokemon fanfiction. We already got to enjoy it after all.

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Some say that you owe basic human decency to yourself. But feel free to disagree.

16. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

Sure, but what is the decent thing to do in this case? Respecting the author's wishes or allowing potentially thousands of people to enjoy his amazing work?

17. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Respecting the author's wishes.

18. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

That's debatable.

19. Sivarajan

Sivarajan Muggle

Has he actually stated his wishes, or are we all just assuming what he wants?

20. Cirvante

Cirvante First Year

He did, on the first page of this thread. Scroll down a bit and you'll find the post.